rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

I'm curious about the patch on experimental. When it came out on Wednesday, it was unplayable for me. I was having similar fps issues that I had on the patch before last. The current stable build is F'n awesome for me as far as fps goes, I'm getting 40 - 50 in towns and 60 or more most other places.

Does anyone know if they've updated the experimental since Wednesday or what the changelog for it is?

Thanks!

I would like to know what's the story with the street lights ...it looks pretty cool and enhances gameplay during the dark hours for sure but seems not that realistic...or is there any feature planned to locally restore electricity ? What's about the flammable oil barrels from the mod ( loved them) and last but not least do we have any info if day/night circles will be shortened in the future ( would love to see that) ?

cheers

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 3

Does anyone know if they've updated the experimental since Wednesday or what the changelog for it is?

Thanks!

+ u can check pulse on unconscious players

+ defi. works only when the pulse is irregular, otherwise you gonna screw the player up

+ seems like they implemented the performance boost thingy Dean talked about in reddit. i experienced additional 40 FPS (open field) at 036.experimental (full 80 slot server)

+berries now collactable (inventory)

Just a few things, didn't noticed other stuff yet. Edited by Guest

I would like to know what's the story with the street lights ...it looks pretty cool and enhances gameplay during the dark hours for sure but seems not that realistic...or is there any feature planned to locally restore electricity ? What's about the flammable oil barrels from the mod ( loved them) and last but not least do we have any info if day/night circles will be shortened in the future ( would love to see that) ?

cheers

You don't want Street lights because is not realistic, but want shortened dayz/night? What world do you live in?

You don't want Street lights because is not realistic, but want shortened dayz/night? What world do you live in?

Learn to read....and think

I never said that i do not want working street lights...they look cool and enhance gameplay ( as I also wrote) but when looking at the general map design it seems that we are not only a few days after the outbreak/collapse but weeks or more likely months. Seeing working street lights in this scenario is a bit strange without having any lore backgound about it....

but my question was if there is any info about what is planned with this...

Shortening day/night circles is something completely different like the scale of the map..such things are merely representations of the real world and can not be reproduced one to one...running through a whole country within half an hour is not possible in real life for example.  So changing the timescale according to the map scale seems even more realistic to me. Beside that it would be more fun to play during night and day in one gaming session....

but that's just me

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 3

cheers

I tried shooting them for fun. They actually get destroyed. If you want to scare someone by shooting the light go for it. Trust me, its the most terrifying thing you can do to some poor guy/girl.

• Like 1

I tried shooting them for fun. They actually get destroyed. If you want to scare someone by shooting the light go for it. Trust me, its the most terrifying thing you can do to some poor guy/girl.

That is pretty cool ...didn't know that  :) ...seems to be a clear hint that they plan to implement/keep working street lights in some places as a feature to enhance gameplay during night ...would be cool to have some flickering lights too ...

Edited by Private Evans

Well would be cool if they can add power stations to some towns that you can turn on or turn off power,so they provide energy to towns,but you would need to watch for it like add resource ro controll some work of power station.So if some guy dont like light of one ofparts of chernarus they go to power station and check i light turned on if it is they turn it off and gg no lights.

1) Ракетно  ДОБАВИТЬ к. грабить FAER ;)

2) Ракетно  включительно бабло дрова возле дома , где есть сложены дрова , и топор может быть также переданы икру рядом с дерева  

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228376106

Edited by B.a.r.r.e.t
  • Like 1

The 0.36 experimental build has re-introduced rubber banding for me and a decrease in frame rates.  I'm also getting some really annoying delays when dropping items, emptying ammo (sometime the ammo disappears completely).  I also notice big delays when switching weapons or doing gestures (2-3 seconds) which causes me to click on buttons multiple times in order to get it to work.

I'd like to see a changelog for 0.36.  There's way too many new problems for me to try and figure out the stuff that was fixed or added. 

playing current stable built today.....

FPS fantastic......Desync...horrible.....Rubberbanding ... slightly back ...

Hi,

my personal opition - it is a bit messy when game in alpha has stable and experimental servers. Devs working on two branches,cool, but is it neccesary? Alpha...:) By the way experimental 36.115297 is completelly solid.

Hi,

my personal opition - it is a bit messy when game in alpha has stable and experimental servers. Devs working on two branches,cool, but is it neccesary? Alpha... :) By the way experimental 36.115297 is completelly solid.

The devs are not working on two branches, the devs are working on the experimental and the experimental gets moved to stable on Wednesdays if it is not totally broken.

Edited by Darkness Muta
  • Like 1

The devs are not working on two branches, the devs are working on the experimental and the experimental gets moved to stable on Wednesdays if it is not totally broken.

Agree. But there is management of what is going on on "stable" servers and "experimental". In general i think people playing this game as final because it feels like no alpha.

The most annoying thing happening to me is...

im walking around... im walking around... and suddenly WHAM!!!!! game crashed for no reason.

i login i check my gear for anything flashing, nothings wrong... i toss all my gear on the ground... i walk around for a minute... i pick up one thing at a time and do so again...

okay i re-equip my guy and keep walking... and walking... and WHAM!!!  game crashed for no reason.

i relog to the server and i get 300Second Spawn timer................................................................... i WAIT!

i log in,  WHAM!!!  Game Crash again.

i log in again  300Spawn timer...

This goes on for the next 3 Hours.

now im here to "let you know" about this.

Please Fix fast.

*before you go blaming my rig for overheating i recently installed a very good heatsync to my 8core amd processor so dont bother*

Edited by Aruze

i was walking around today, roughly about an hour ago or more and i found a Piece of paper in berezino.

on the piece of paper in Green was written on it, "This gun has killed 5 people already, i took the mag with me but left the gun here, the mag can be found nearby, please use it and continue my legacy Dean *Rocket* Hall"
and in the next room was a SKS, soon i found a clip with 10 sks rounds and began runing north to North east. it was on a server you can filter out  in the name as  "MOR"  only one server should pop up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/155793135/2014-02-15_00003.jpg

Edited by Aruze
  • Like 1

The most annoying thing happening to me is...

im walking around... im walking around... and suddenly WHAM!!!!! game crashed for no reason.

i login i check my gear for anything flashing, nothings wrong... i toss all my gear on the ground... i walk around for a minute... i pick up one thing at a time and do so again...

okay i re-equip my guy and keep walking... and walking... and WHAM!!!  game crashed for no reason.

i relog to the server and i get 300Second Spawn timer................................................................... i WAIT!

i log in,  WHAM!!!  Game Crash again.

i log in again  300Spawn timer...

This goes on for the next 3 Hours.

now im here to "let you know" about this.

Please Fix fast.

*before you go blaming my rig for overheating i recently installed a very good heatsync to my 8core amd processor so dont bother*

For a start I'd refit my heatsink with fresh paste to eliminate that. Then submit all the .rpt files etc on the bug tracker thingy and see if I can get any help that way.
Also are you on stable or exp branch? What spec is your pc? What video settings have you set up? Just posting your problems on here won't get you any help from devs if thats what you're looking for

The client version for experimental/stable branches do NOT match the server versions. They are displayed in server names as being correct however when you join servers yo ucan see that they are using a different version they you have. Check the top left corner when you login to a server.

Well would be cool if they can add power stations to some towns that you can turn on or turn off power,so they provide energy to towns,but you would need to watch for it like add resource ro controll some work of power station.So if some guy dont like light of one ofparts of chernarus they go to power station and check i light turned on if it is they turn it off and gg no lights.

There are already power stations in Electro and other big cities (and power lines),  I do like the idea of having more working stuff the players can interact with.

I agree on some player interaction as far as powering on towns, albeit only for a short time, and then you or a group of people would have to collect a lot more of a specific resource *IE: Fuel* to fill 'er back up to power the town back up. Say Elektro for example. There's already a power station, kind of looks like a Coal Plant with that big stack. Now, imagine at night if the entire city of elektro lit up(interiors only for the sake of simplicity) and maybe some street lights. From a game play perspective, this is pretty minor. From a development standpoint I'd imagine it'd be quite an undertaking but I do know it would be extremely cool, and be something that could be of use later on as more options come in, such as base building, etc. I've seen people do this in the mod, and even though technically chernarus is a wasteland now, and we're all that's left of civilization, you have to believe that some survivors would have the ingenuity to figure this stuff out to re-activate a once abandoned power plant, even if only for a couple in-game hours, so to say. Elektro at night, all lit up while the rest of the surrounding environment is pitch black also adds another big level of danger as the town will still remain under threat from snipers at night as long as the power is on, but it will allow people to loot a bit easier since I don't see Nightvision ever getting into the game imo. 

Edited by KFieLd