rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

Systems: Damage was being equally applied to all objects inside inventory slot when shot/damaged (now items reduce the damage when they take damage)

Does this mean items inside storage containers (i.e. protective cases) do not take damage until the container is ruined?

Edit: Also, great job team!

Edited by sess130
  • Like 1

Systems: Damage was being equally applied to all objects inside inventory slot when shot/damaged (now items reduce the damage when they take damage)

Does this mean items inside storage containers (i.e. protective cases) do not take damage until the container is ruined?

Edit: Also, great job team!

Maybe its that, and this will make people use protective case and ammo boxes more often, but i still insist that your whole backpack can't get devastated by 1 5.54mm round and only 1 or 2 items should get ruined in the process.

I would recommend people watching Rockets twitch stream.  He addresses many issues players are currently having on the current release.

I think that we need to wait till tommoz and see what happens!

Un-playable ATM as most folks know about, extreme lag issues and the desync aswell.

Let's hope for ze best, from the best!!!

After watching his latest stream, I am convinced this project is doomed. 

Rocket is such a child. lol

hehey way to go rocket 

making the game more buggy and less playable! (as if it was before)

hey, you like money so much right? I have a tip for ya

optimize the stupid game and more people will buy it

hehey way to go rocket 

Get back under your bridge and clean your shorts like a good little troll.

• Like 3

hehey way to go rocket 

heyhey I have a tip for you

go and fuck yourself

hehey way to go rocket 

Do you actually know this is an alpha as the statement that says so everytime you open this "stupid game"?

Troll alert...

I am really looking forward to zombies clipping through walls fix but I suppose that can wait.

hehey way to go rocket 

Kids shouldn't play the game either ;)

and btw. don't cry us a river.

• Like 1

dayz standalone alpha 0.32.XXXXX

=DDDD

Brilliant! Was about to make something exactly similar, now I don't bother. xD

I would recommend people watching Rockets twitch stream.  He addresses many issues players are currently having on the current release.

I prefer just to listen to his stream,.....watching is cringeworthy...that FOV

Here's the link top rockets latest twitch stream. If you're going to suggest that someone watch or read something. Do everyone a solid and share the link.

Here's the link top rockets latest twitch stream. If you're going to suggest that someone watch or read something. Do everyone a solid and share the link.

You have to laugh at just how bad Rocket is at his own game. I've written games in the past, and while yes they have been dreadful I've at least been able to play them. Rocket seems worse than your average bambi which is incredible when you think of the time the man must have racked up both in the SA and the mod (and that's before we add in Arma itself).

Nice to see he mentioned zombie respawns in the chat though. If he can get those working that would a major step forward and would also suggest that loot respawning is on the horizon.

http://www.twitch.tv/rocket2guns/b/501565321

Yes, Rocket is very much a noob at his own game, but such a nice guy and funny to listen to...I just wish he was aware of more stuff in SA. Who's the guy in the stream with a cup and string for a microphone? He needs to fix that shit lol

Edited by Irenicus

I just wish he was aware of more stuff in SA.

I was thinking that when they were discussing the berries and Rocket was like "the berries aren't poisonous" yet the most definitely are I've been caught out several times (when desperate for food). However on the flip side it's actually a good thing that he doesn't know all about the changes in the game as it suggests there is a proper segregation in regards to development. When it was a one man operation (Ok, SA has never been just a one man operation but you get the idea) it's more likely to have one person involved in all sorts of things even if it's not their core duties. Now with the financial situation as it is there is no need for that to happen and you can have those tasked with certain jobs not directly involved with others who may be dealing with other tasks.

Say, for example, there is "Dev A" and "Dev B". Dev A's key duties are to deal with the networking and server administration while Dev B has been tasked with introducing berries to the game. In a distributed and properly delegated development process then Dev a really he shouldn't have any overview regarding the Dev B's progress. It's actually a good thing that he isn't aware of the status of that task as it's not part of their remit.

• Like 1

I have maximum respect for Rocket but I'd like to echo your concerns about him not knowing his own game, I even made a thread some time ago about which buildings spawn loot because Rocket himself seems to have no idea. It's good to see him playing the game, hopefully he will get more insight in to some of the issues that we encounter every time we play.

Say, for example, there is "Dev A" and "Dev B". Dev A's key duties are to deal with the networking and server administration while Dev B has been tasked with introducing berries to the game. In a distributed and properly delegated development process then Dev a really he shouldn't have any overview regarding the Dev B's progress.

You won't get any argument from me, but as the team leader I think Rocket and the game would benefit from him playing it and getting a first-hand view of the process. A bit of a helicopter eye view you could say, seeing the overall progress.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 2

I have maximum respect for Rocket but I'd like to echo your concerns about him not knowing his own game, I even made a thread some time ago about which buildings spawn loot because Rocket himself seems to have no idea. It's good to see him playing the game, hopefully he will get more insight in to some of the issues that we encounter every time we play.

I definitly agree with you. I saw him playing and just thought uff...seems so he got nearly no clue where to find stuff and where it's nearly impossible to find something :p

anyways, great job can't wait untill the 12th. ;))

• Like 1

This patch also broke the burlap sack. Every single one I found even as pristine, it says "0% remaining" and i can't put it on.

So, all day yesterday I was unable to play due to the increasing lag that finally caused the game to crash.

Tried today, same thing.

Then I tried a second time today and check my inventory for any weird or missing textures, and sure enough I found 

my black MP hand guard was missing textures and looked off.

I removed it and everything was fine after that.

I later found a green MP butt stock and I inspected it and it was fine.

Played for awhile before switching servers and when I got in the other server I noticed my MP butt stock is flickering.

So I inspected it and it was definitely screwed up and I was starting to loose frames by the sec.

Dropped that MP butt stock and like magic the farther I got from it the better my fps got.

SO it has to be some kind of item glitch?

I just don't know, because I've read that people still experience this with a fresh spawn, and with no attachments or items that have issues with there textures.

Have noticed this as well.

Item seem to be reloading the textures over and over and when i hit a zombie i see it reload it texture (goes gray and shaded then textured). 

First it starts having little freezes, then bigger ones, then constant very low frame rates, then lock ups and crashes.

• Like 1