The Batman

People Suck.

It's a tough decision to come forward with this information for several reasons, however, this glitch is serious and needs to be corrected even before beta. It would probably have been better to post this in the bug tracker, and for all I know it has been, but warning us was noble nonetheless. Still Test_Subject_83 is correct in that things could and will get much worse before they get better. The glitch in itself is not surprising and many similar issues will be discovered before this game is ready for release.

I've dealt with similar situations in various games over the years and the best thing to do is learn the lesson and move on. For those of you considering using this exploit to grief players, think again, because I will make it my personal mission to fihd and a position to riddle you dead and ruin your gear. I hope others will join me in policing those hangars until this gets fixed!

I'm with you!

I got my eye on that hanger!

there are actually plenty of spots on the map where the mesh is screwed and you can walk crawl or just step into i found one in a rock at black lake but thankfully it wouldnt make a good killing spot like this.

I wont give the examples of other locations i have found as well some of them do make good spots if you wish to be a dick and play that way . I just report them  so hopefully they will get fixed doubt they will ever get all off them but spots like neaf being a high traffic high loot value area definately should be a priority lol..

• Like 3

Great, now 50 more douchbags that didn't know about that glitch will now use it.

I thought that shit had been fixed. It's been around since release.

It's a tough decision to come forward with this information for several reasons, however, this glitch is serious and needs to be corrected even before beta. It would probably have been better to post this in the bug tracker, and for all I know it has been, but warning us was noble nonetheless. Still Test_Subject_83 is correct in that things could and will get much worse before they get better. The glitch in itself is not surprising and many similar issues will be discovered before this game is ready for release.

I've dealt with similar situations in various games over the years and the best thing to do is learn the lesson and move on. For those of you considering using this exploit to grief players, think again, because I will make it my personal mission to find a position to riddle you dead and ruin your gear. I hope others will join me in policing those hangars until this gets fixed!

I've deliberately avoided explaining how to do this glitch for that exact reason. A bug report has been submitted by myself. Hopefully this gets sorted quickly.

I just murdered two guys attempting to do this at NEAF. I was running from the far jail (not the one next to the ATC tower), when I noticed someone trying to crawl underneath the hangar. I shot the shit out of him on sight then backed off to the far hangar closest to the jail I came from when I started getting shot at from what sounded like to be inside the hangar. After probably ten minutes, another guy crawled out of there. Pew pew.

This shit has to get hot-fixed. It's ridiculous.

cUE9AEZ.jpg

P.S: Thanks for all of your pristine lewtz, dipshits. <3

• Like 11

Is this POS on these forums?

Yeah he is, but I believe he is mostly inactive here.

I just murdered two guys attempting to do this at NEAF. I was running from the far jail (not the one next to the ATC tower), when I noticed someone trying to crawl underneath the hangar. I shot the shit out of him on sight then backed off to the far hangar closest to the jail I came from when I started getting shot at from what sounded like to be inside the hangar. After probably ten minutes, another guy crawled out of there. Pew pew.

I hope it is fixed in the latest experimental patch, as specific exploits are not being mentioned in the changelog.

I'm saying that because I think that removing Combat Logging while still suffering from game breaking exploits is actually a two-sided sword.

There are occasions where are player who is not exploiting the game can suvive an encounter against a cheater, sometimes only with a Combat-Log.

I'm all against combat logging by the way... but as long as there are cheaters out there it is basically the only way to counter it.

Edited by YassirX

I found a bambi about 2 weeks ago and gave him my M4 because I found a Mosin. (I'd been traveling town to town with this guy from Berezino to Gorka). When I dropped him my 60 round clip he shot and killed me. Unlucky for him, there was a bandit right up the road who rightfully popped him but still - I gave him food, water and an M4 with ammo. Moral of the story: don't be a cockgobbler and don't trust ANYONE.

Nah, the morale is don't hand perfect strangers guns and ammo. If you absolutely insist on such a (imo blithering) move, then at least place the gun and ammo so far apart in distance that you can make your way out of there before the guy has time to load the gun.

cUE9AEZ.jpg

Have this been reported on the bug tracker mate?

If not, you know what to do ;)

Just want to say, have any of the people complaining about idiots, been outside recently? As in the real world?

Its full of idiots and nothing can be done to "fix" it, so what did you honestly expect in a game, where people can do what they want? :)

Act like you want other people to act towards you, and something might change, eventually hehe.

Have this been reported on the bug tracker mate?

If not, you know what to do ;)

Just want to say, have any of the people complaining about idiots, been outside recently? As in the real world?

Its full of idiots and nothing can be done to "fix" it, so what did you honestly expect in a game, where people can do what they want? :)

Act like you want other people to act towards you, and something might change, eventually hehe.

Yeah I've reported it on the bug tracker.

Mate, I work as an IT Professional. Idiots keep me in a job! But whilst I get your point, there is a difference between being an idiot and going out of your way to ruin someones experience.

• Like 1

I never cease to be amazed by the depths of douchebaggery some players sink to.

I mean it is a game, ment to be played for enjoyment and when dirt bags cheat, it defiles the whole purpose.

They know they are cheating / glitching so they must realise, they are shitty players who would not stand a chance in proper fight.

Do they really lie to themselves, or do they find much amusement in such shitty game style?

Wish such jerks could be reported and got atleast temporary ban for few days.

Oh well, I guess this will apply only after DayZ SA is given to community.

• Like 2

Yeah I've reported it on the bug tracker.

Mate, I work as an IT Professional. Idiots keep me in a job! But whilst I get your point, there is a difference between being an idiot and going out of your way to ruin someones experience.

Rofl thanks for the laugh mate ;)

Reminds me of this:

Back on track:

Very true, some people go out of theyre way to make other people's experience bad, but its human nature, in my oppinion.

People are exactly like this IRL aswell, most people dont give a rats ass about your experience or how its going for you, and if they cam make your day suck, they get a thrill out if it :)

• Like 1

surprisingly all my encounters at NEAF have been friendly except for one. but I think one time i was being shot at while i ran past the hangars and had no clue where it was coming from but it was pretty close. eh just wait for it to be fixed, until then check the hangars first before looting

Good thread.

We must increase people's awereness of the wall glitch.

Currently you can glitch inside any structure, be it wall of building or the floor.

So excpet people exploiting this.

Vid - guy abusing wall glitch on Balota AF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlKA4hYKgO8

I found a bambi about 2 weeks ago and gave him my M4 because I found a Mosin. (I'd been traveling town to town with this guy from Berezino to Gorka). When I dropped him my 60 round clip he shot and killed me. Unlucky for him, there was a bandit right up the road who rightfully popped him but still - I gave him food, water and an M4 with ammo. Moral of the story: don't be a cockgobbler and don't trust ANYONE.

Why the h***(hell) would you arm a total stranger?  :)

Edited by Dallas

there are actually plenty of spots on the map where the mesh is screwed and you can walk crawl or just step into i found one in a rock at black lake but thankfully it wouldnt make a good killing spot like this.

I wont give the examples of other locations i have found as well some of them do make good spots if you wish to be a dick and play that way . I just report them  so hopefully they will get fixed doubt they will ever get all off them but spots like neaf being a high traffic high loot value area definately should be a priority lol..

I have found that you can glitch inside this small hill that have rails on it.

Unfortunetelly it is great spot to stay hidden and kill people on their way to Berezino or kill newspawns near Solnichniy.

• Like 1

I have found that you can glitch inside this small hill that have rails on it.

Unfortunetelly it is great spot to stay hidden and kill people on their way to Berezino or kill newspawns near Solnichniy.

Abusing a glitch to kill fresh spawns? Mother of God it gets worse doesn't it.

• Like 1

Why the h***(hell) would you arm a total stranger?   :)

Because I'm nice sometimes and tried to be a hero.

Don't worry though - I'll kill you on sight.

People's hearts are in the right place, but there are ways to submit glitch / exploits to dev teams. Instead they post about the glitch, or worse, how to do it.

All this does is put it out there, "yo, check this out!!!" And now 3,000 more people find out about it, and out of those there are going to be some who will abuse it.

Again, heart in the right place but when you make open posts about these things you are making the problem a lot worse. Once people started posting about this glitch I've seen the rate of people abusing it explode.

Well yesterday I was in my perfect gear,saw another guy in near identical gear and...for some reason...I didn't shoot him. I run away hoping he'll realise I don't intend to kill him,but he wasn't playing ball,boom...boom...boom. 'You are dead'.

I'll never make that mistake again, still,after 2 hours I've just collected a magnum with 52 rounds and a mosin with about 20 and have an almost Rick Grimes appearance, shame the holster is in the wrong place and I have stupid hair and everyone has an identical face but...apart from that.

Wait you gobbled this guys cock and he still did this to you?

• Like 1

Because I'm nice sometimes and tried to be a hero.

Don't worry though - I'll kill you on sight.

being an idiot =/= being a hero

People's hearts are in the right place, but there are ways to submit glitch / exploits to dev teams. Instead they post about the glitch, or worse, how to do it.

All this does is put it out there, "yo, check this out!!!" And now 3,000 more people find out about it, and out of those there are going to be some who will abuse it.

Again, heart in the right place but when you make open posts about these things you are making the problem a lot worse. Once people started posting about this glitch I've seen the rate of people abusing it explode.

.... and then they will be forced to fix it  :lol:

Edited by Weedz

True, to a degree. The more attention an issue garners, the faster it's fixed. This is a game-breaking issue; the glitch needs to be addressed.

Slightly off-topic, but I've found a lovely spot to nestle myself in on a hill adjacent to the hangar where I can face-plant kids who hang out under there with my mosin. It's so satisfying.

Edited by Grimey Rick

True, to a degree. The more attention an issue garners, the faster it's fixed. This is a game-breaking issue; the glitch needs to be addressed.

Slightly off-topic, but I've found a lovely spot to nestle myself in on a hill adjacent to the hangar where I can face-plant kids who hang out under there with my mosin. It's so satisfying.

I've rarely seen any game fix Exploits and cheats simply because more people started doing it, sadly. What seems to happen is they fix it when they get around to it and then a large swath of people are banned, including the people who showed others how to do it. This is my experience just by reading forums where people scream about being banned for making youtube videos explaining how the cheat works, though they claimed to only make it to show the dev team what's going on.

I'll just BET you are one of these people who sit inside ammo dumps waiting for unarmed new spawns to show up and shoot. Am I right ?.....I'm right aren't I ?

The Balota Airfield Police XD Get a life dude, seriously. You're Like a neurotic poodle guarding its freshly laid dump. What do you do for thrills, collect bottle caps ?

Balota Airfield Police waiting for newspawns:

Get out and explore the map I say. Seems to me the majority of people camp at Elektro and Cherno for hours on end, waiting for someone to walk past their window.

I never combat log. Server hopping till I get a M4 ?....Well, that's a different story lol. And I'll BET money that you've done that too. But I think making my way from the spawn point, through Elektro, through Cherno, past the spawn killers and zombies, makes me think I've earned it. End of the day buddy, people paid their $30 for the game and they'll play it however they wish. Regardless of what you or I might say, none of our business.

Get used to it.

Would you sit on the back of a bicycle you just sold someone, and tell them how they should be riding it ?.....didn't think so.

Edited by zaphodity
  • Like 1

The devs need to understand how much time and effort people are putting into this only to be mouse buttoned to death by some 12 year old or some huge asshole.