rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

• Gear: Small, uncomfortable, and silly (but cute) children's school backpack
  • Spawns: Added Bubble goose jackets into the loot spawns

I'm going to look so keeeeewl:)

Premature optimization is the root of all evil. That's a mantra of programming.

You optimize once all features are in place, not before. Besides, I've not noticed any particularly worse lag or desync than expected. Are you sure it's not just your connection? Are you playing on servers with good ping?

50-80 ping on various servers with 30-40 players. on lower populated server it s not that noticeable but on crowded servers it s a nightmare. for example, seeing a player shooting towards a position where your character previously were (turned even more than 90 degrees from your character) but still killing you, it s like fighting ghosts. in a game where the player is encouraged to avoid even the smallest mistake, pvp encounters become useless and pure random if desync is so high. and without pvp, this brilliant-thought game will be only a perverted Sims with pitiful, retarded zombies. but hey, the pedophile backpack is finally in the game, who cares about pvp lag, right? :)))) for sure not the guy who was willingly singing yesterday "alle meine Entchen" to passers-by in Kamyshovo =)))

Edited by kapnobatai

30 seconds delay will not stop combat logging....must be one minute..at least...or find some other solution...

Lets make it a 5 minutes and there has to be no players or zeds in 5 mile radius. 

30 seconds is enough. 

• Like 1

• Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

even if they press ALT + F4 ??

Lets make it a 5 minutes and there has to be no players or zeds in 5 mile radius. 

30 seconds is enough. 

If dayzDB is correct, Chernarus area is 100 square miles. With radius of 5 miles you're always next to the player or zombie :D

For me, worse than combat logging is this enormous lag and desync on highly populated servers. It's not fun when it takes nearly two minutes to unload/load mosin :)

Edited by Simplicity

If dayzDB is correct, Chernarus area is 10 square miles.

It's 225 square kilometers, roughly equal to 86 square miles.

If dayzDB is correct, Chernarus area is 100 square miles. With radius of 5 miles you're always next to the player or zombie :D

I was being sarcastic.
  • Like 1

Ok nice, but what happens now is: You spawn, you find yourself an axe. Now, some nooby bandito is comming towards you with a screwdriver, stabs you, now you are bleeding. Also your t-shirt is ruined. You kill him. Now his t-shirt is also ruined. Result: You can't use ''ruined'' rags anymore. You die of blood loss. Not really ideal.

Ok nice, but what happens now is: You spawn, you find yourself an axe. Now, some nooby bandito is comming towards you with a screwdriver, stabs you, now you are bleeding. Also your t-shirt is ruined. You kill him. Now his t-shirt is also ruined. Result: You can't use ''ruined'' rags anymore. You die of blood loss. Not really ideal.

True, small wounds should stop bleeding on their own. (Being hit with an axe is not a small wound, but unless zeds mutated claws they should to very small scratching wounds, since they don't bite)

Also you should add option to cauterize wounds, that is when fire is a available in the game.

It's 225 square kilometers, roughly equal to 86 square miles.

Typo :) 100 miles if you take that 1 mile is equal to 1.5km :)

According online calcs, it's roughly equal to 87 (86.87) square miles. Anyway, with radius of 5 miles, even when standing in one of the corners of map, you still cover 22.6% of it :) Standing in the center of Chernorus would give you a map coverage equal to 90.4%.

• Like 1

Typo :) 100 miles if you take that 1 mile is equal to 1.5km :)

Wrong !

A mile is a unit of length most commonly equivalent to 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards (about 1,609 metres).

225 Square kilometers = 86.873 Square Miles

• Like 1

A ruined t-shirt becoming ruined rags does make very little sense. In fact, I'm not sure how rags can be so ruined as to be useless.

30 seconds is enough. 

5 miles ?? LOL ok and no 30 sec isnt enough ...

I agree, 30 seconds isn't enough for the simple fact that a lot of fire-fights in DayZ end up being fought from cover. I can sometimes sit for 20 minutes watching a window or a rock waiting for the enemy to make a mistake.

Hi guys

I noticed another bug with the "stuffed" status. Sometimes it does not disappear and you can be "thirsty", "hungry" and "stuffed" at same time. I can see the status "stuffed" is bugged because i didn t have messages : "My stomach feels completely full" or other messages about my stuffed stomach

Strange thing is, once you are sufficiently fed, you don't get hungry for much longer than I noticed in previous builds... It only seems to be a problem when you first spawn hungry.

Yeah the stomach 'container' seems much smaller than it was from before. However, once you're full you're still good to go for a while. Just don't overeat or you start feeling like shit and will probably puke.

I'm still looking for a screen shot of someone puking, if anyone has one!

In which scenario would you describe being stabbed with a screwdriver as ideal?

Solution: carry rags so you don't have to use your shirt.

• Like 3

Wrong !

A mile is a unit of length most commonly equivalent to 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards (about 1,609 metres).

225 Square kilometers = 86.873 Square Miles

Also a slow day for you? :D

As a European I use metric system and for me 1 mile is in my head 1 mile was equal to 1.5km, but I promise to check my calculations with google before posting it on DayZ forums :D

Edited by Simplicity

i don´t really get the " WE NEED VEHICLES QQ" kids...

do they think that they will spawn, see a car, hop into it and drive around ???

did they ever play the vanilla mod ? do they have ANY idea how hard it was and will be to find a car AND repair it ??

i remember when we (3ppl) found our first car and tried to repair it. it took us HOURS to get the parts to the car and repair it.

when we did repair it we were shot after driving it for 5mins because everybody hears you from miles away.

the tears when cars are introduced to the SA will be hilarious. i am so looking forward to the rage / QQ threads :)

• Like 9