RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Some kind of hack?

Spawned into a specific and obscure location with my buddy and was immediately greeted by a bambi who knew exactly where both of us were. He tried to allspeak alert my buddy to my presence, expressing disappointment when he realized we were aware of each other and allied. He then frenetically ran around while flashing into and out of perception, like an electron or quark, which we were perplexed by. It appeared that he could travel very quickly this way and sure enough he was gone in a matter of moments. We shrugged it off and proceeded on our travels. Thirty seconds later he materialized behind my buddy with fists up, flashing into and out of potential reality while trying to hit him. At this point I raised my SKS and hip fired several shots at him. I could not hit him and he flashed quickly away. I communicated to my buddy that if he came back I would surprise him with my FNX, but I did not expect him to come back as he probably didn't appreciate the resistance. Well, I was wrong and he came back about a minute later, flashing around me while we were jogging. I tapped the hotkey for my FNX twice and brought it up. He turned tail and headed away from us. I fired all 15 rounds from the hip while attempting to lead him and managed to hit him twice. I saw blood and heard a satisfying grunt of shocked pain. He managed to get away regardless. There's more to the story but that concludes our experience with the quantum leaper.

Anyone experience this hack before?

Yes, this is the well known ESP / teleport hack. When you encounter someone doing this you should hit "P", get the names on the server, hit F12 (screenshot), then log out and report it. Or, if you're simply just trying to enjoy your time in the apocalypse, log out and log back into some other server away from the hacker. If you youtube this you'll see plenty of examples of people doing exactly what you saw happening.

I logged into one server today, inside a building and was greeted by a zed that proceeded to beat the crap outta me, he ruined my shirt and pants before I could even move to kill him.  Once I did kill him a message flashed on my screen that said "watch out for that zombie", I went to grab my rags since I was bleeding and got "authentication timed out" message.  Is this some kind of admin hack thing?  I could never do anything like that on my old server, wtf?

Luckily I was able to log into another server and get right, as I was going out that door a hopper attacked me, broke my legs and ruined another pair of pants, Christ in a side car.  I killed him, bandaged up  but my morphine was ruined.  Jeez, what a day.

Two lives, both times killed by hackers.

First was someone about 1km outside of the NE airfield, killed our entire group of 5 with a hacked M4. He wounded one, and kept firing so we instantly knew it was a hacked mag. So we all spread out, logged, and when we logged in were all dead.

Second time we logged into a medium pop, met up in Berizino. Fought at least two hackers using duped gear, infinite mags, tons of nades. Managed to kill one, other one shot me from the third story, through his wall, through my wall. These guys aren't even trying to mask the fact that they're cheating anymore.

Devs, get some people in servers man. Could easily ban 5-10 an hour in populated servers. Hell, give me the powers and I'll do it for free on a Saturaday night. 

It's making this game unplayable, aside from if your playstyle is to stay away from any large towns and essentially practice your running. I get people enjoy that, but not me. Without the PVP this game would be a non-starter for me. At least until they give us stuff to build. 

Would love to at least see a dev acknowledge and respond to all the hacking threads.

• Like 1

Would love to at least see a dev acknowledge and respond to all the hacking threads.

and you are not alone.... looks like theres no solution and they dont care. and if u ask for a fix out of this topic your posts getting deletet... looks great right?

btw... teleporting other players is also back! last night my m8 getting teleportet out in the open sea... he was in the firestation in nwaf seconds before he met this little hacker bastard...

Character on 3rd person servers slain by hackers

Well...

this happen every night atm theres not a single server out there without hackers... :( we are round about 30 players and not a single one getting NOT cheatet in the last days...

BE cant do anything atm... they bypass the code because the have stolen the sourcecode from the defteam...

and again... asking for a solution out of this topic results in a warning from the mods.

i think we legit gamers are screwed.... :( and the comments we get here is not to play on high pop servers/ areas... wow what a great solution...really thats the core of the game.. sitting alone in the woods in front of your fire to avoid hackers... lol

Edited by quantum2k6

Not as much as the hackers would.

Not as much as the hackers would.

do you think we want information like "we changed the code in line 3500 to bla bla..."

sure not! we just want new informations about the stolen code and when they expect to give the serveradmins the powers they should have.

its a farce playing atm on your own payed servers!

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

yLrJHsA.jpg

I was on a full pop server with my friends and this happened. Everyone got teleported to bridge as a fresh spawn. My gear was retained after connecting to another server, but my friends lost their gear... 

Why can't hackers just play in their own sandbox, instead of corrupting the game globally? Dicks.

Why is everyone the same black guy model ?

-_-

Edited by Grapefruit kush

I was on a full pop server with my friends and this happened. Everyone got teleported to bridge as a fresh spawn. My gear was retained after connecting to another server, but my friends lost their gear...

Merged. Was this on stable or experimental?

Why is everyone the same black guy model ?

-_-

I don't think those are the actual players (for the most part), just AI. Here's a video showing what tootights described though.

New hack - destroyed the game

There is a new hack, where everyone in the server gets teleported all at once and turns into a new spawn with no gear.  This kills our server and has killed the game.  There is now no point in getting gear, because 2-3 times a day the hacker comes in to the server and does this. 

The game is now unplayable.  We are now letting our server subscription expire.  (We are a top ranked server, bounces between #19 to #4 for busiest servers on gametracker.)   Our entire gaming community is tired of this, and we are moving on to other games.

Some suggestions: 

1. Instead of focusing on trivial stuff like adding new towns, you could create an RCON admin tool that allows the administrators to see kills and server logs.  Then allow the admins to ban the players that were identified as hackers. 

2. Add a kill list visible by all so players know when kills are occuring and admins can see if 10 people get killed at once, that there may be a problem.

3.  Stop being up tight about a controlled environment, and let the community begin to handle hackers.  Battleye does nothing for the server owner that can not do anything but watch his server crumble due to hacks.

It is sad to see a game with such potential go under before it is even officially launched.  Good luck to the developer next time.

• Like 5

This fucking blows. Sounds similar to the mod when a hack could kill everyone at the same time.

At what point does a multi tens of millions of dollars in sales alpha finally do something about how common hacks are in the game?

Battleye does quite nothing, agree!

Wee need Steam Player name of the killer pls...so that can be tracked out and reported directly to steam.

That's the easiest way but bohemia doesn't think so smartly.

• Like 1

Hacks are clearly the most complained about issue on these forums...  my question is why has nothing been done about this?  

I plea to the developer;  GIVE THE ADMINS THE TOOLS TO ELIMINATE HACKERS FROM THEIR SERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Want to see it?   Join the BFB server and play for a while when it is full.   It must be the same guy over and over.

Why the arrogance? Why would he lie?

It would be easier to get "evidence" if the devs gave tools to the server admins like the ones suggested.

How is demanding evidence arrogant? He could've posted a vid of it and I wouldn't have asked. He can be mistaken and it might be a bug, since many people are shitty at analysing clues, it might be the case. How many times have I casually been called a hacker while being 100% legit? I did not assume deliberate lying but he could be wrong.

BfB server is popecave? or is it alldayz?

Edited by Khanarac

When everyone in the server gets teleported to 1 spot, and is spawned there as a black woman with no gear..... I would say its pretty hard to get that confused with a legit player.

This is the post I just did.
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209826-admin-restart-characters-of-everyone-in-the-server/

That just happened to me and my friend too, and also everyone that was in the same server as us.

quick video here :

EDIT: After looking back this forum thread, I now think it was hackers and not admins. I apologize for that, but in the moment I was kinda angry to loose all my stuff. Edited by skillastat
  • Like 1

Yeah...sort of bummed that this happened to me just now.  Fully equipped character that has been alive for about a weeks playing time.....and I am teleported completely ungeared to a bridge with everyone else on the server.  What made it better is when I was hacked to death by two dudes with axes.  Sort of kills my motivation to play.

@BEdev-Sable

clearly you guys aren't very effective, because I've only owned the game 3 days and although I started to enjoy it and had resolved to help development, I am feeling ripped off and am completely turned off by getting "black chick server wiped" twice in 2 hours on different servers. there is absolutely no point to playing because once you get gear, a hacker will log on to the server and wipe it entirely. aimbot is one thing... but this is another. IMO don't quit your day job.

• Like 1

Want to see it?   Join the BFB server and play for a while when it is full.   It must be the same guy over and over.

Was on this server too today and experienced it. My friend was streaming, trying to get him to make a highlight (I wasn't recording at the time).

*edit* Maybe you are in this crowd somewhere Ivcxrcr

Edited by Ramblin Hans