RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Maybe I'm playing on the wrong/right servers, but in all the time playing SA I was only once killed by an invisible cheater. Stairs are doing a much better job for me. Or ship wrecks. Or upper floors.

Edited by Agilov

Sorry for the extra thread (thanks for the merge mods). I will definitely keep up on this thread- the last 5 times I've died it's been from some sort of hack.

Seems like guys who play 50+ hours are coming across nothing, but guys with a few hours like me are coming across a few.

Could it be that hacking has become a problem recently in DayZ SA rather than from the beginning?

or maybe the 'alphaness' of the game is seen as bugs/desync/lag etc by 'veteran' players, while new players think its all hackers and cheaters?

Now I know this might be impossible but can we switch from battle eye to something that does their job a little better like vac. Of course I may be missing facts here but I feel battle eye isn't doing its job to the fullest here where as I have seen VAC and others do much more.

Edited by ForceRecon

Now I know this might be impossible but can we switch from battle eye to something that does their job a little better like vac. Of course I may be missing facts here but I feel battle eye isn't doing its job to the fullest here where as I have seen VAC and others do much more.

DayZ has Battleye and VAC.

Besides  Battleye is doing geat judging by amount of threads made by banned people.

Edited by Frosti

Besides  Battleye is doing geat judging by amount of threads made by banned people.

Is the thread made by banned people 62 pages and counting?  :p

I've stopped playing, but I have to admit that I enjoy reading all the post in this thread each day.  It gives me something to do for an hour or so :lol:

:lol:

The guy who put up the video, GG Spark is his username on YouTube, has disabled the comments on the video! Not sure if that is the same person who posted it here, Shinjuru, but GG Spark is clearly a whiny little child who can't accept he was "hacked" despite being a lamecore exploit loser. 

No.  Not the same person.   The video was just used as a very recent example I pulled from youtube of what's been harming the game I love playing.   I don't record my playing, but have encountered these issues in-game and needed a fresh example.   Like I said, the bugs I can deal with since we all know this is in early alpha stages.   But the hacking...   Who wants to login and have your gear completely removed remotely by some hacker?   No chance at seeing your enemy.  No chance at retaliation.   No chance to PVP and let the mutual exchange of bullets be the deciding factor.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.   I just saw the thread title, "What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?", and wanted to have a little input.

Server: Dayz Seattle EOA Server Daylight

Time: ~10:00pm-10:24pm PST.

Having a good time with three friends in Berezino in the apt complex side of town (North) when the building we were got swarmed by 3-4 people. I got shot up on the roof while laying down, which is entirely possible from the hill so nothing too weird there.

My wife, my friend, and his fiance were downstairs fighting it out. Two of them got killed, again by nothing that seemed too odd. Then as he made his way back and ran up to my body and took my stuff, suddenly my wife and buddies gear was suddenly gone from their body. Everything except what was in their hands, gone. I ran in, promptly got shot, my friend got shot again, and my wife had a broken leg, top floor.

Eventually a guy wandered in with some of our gear (or so it appeared). She had her gun away and he was walking around normally with his gun pointed at her. She took out her gun, going for broke, unloaded 34 rounds into him. A second after she started unloaded he vanished. Could still hear the guys talking in local.

In any case, just seems like another case of people being able to lift gear off others from a distance. I know when I came in, everyone in the building who wasn't friendly was on floor 2, and the friends getting their gear lifted were on floor 5.

We have video of most of it and will be uploading soon. We play mean, but legitimate, so no dupers here whining about hacking. 

Hey, guys. It's ok. Hicks said BattleEye is finally going to start banning PBO exploiters like it should have been doing from the beginning when we were told that was already being done 5 months ago. They've also "discovered" a hack that lets people take gear from other players.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

My question overall here will be "Am I wasting my time to report hackers even if I provide evidence of them?"

I have around 500 hours of Dayz, and although I don't get hack killed that often it has steadily been increasing in the past month. I record my game play for almost every game I play because its nice to go back and review things, and catch funny moments etc. Also catching Hackers is 100% thing for me as I am always recording. I am curious if my efforts to upload any information about the encounter will go to waste.

My procedure priority's when I know someone is cheating are as follows.

1 ) I record the incident, as I am always recording.
2 )The moment I know someone is hacking I take a SS of all player names in game at that moment with (P).
3 ) I go to my steam menu, click VIEW PLAYERS>CURRENT GAME and I SS all the players in the CURRENT game.
4 ) I record all of their steam ID's and I look for the person with a prior VAC BAN offense. (There is ALWAYS ONE and never has been more then one at a time, Coincidence?) 
5 )  I get the server name and IP
6 ) I record the time as accurately as possible.
7 ) I upload video.
8 ) I hope I have not wasted my personal time.

Here is an example of a video. I have info just like this on about 5 other players but I have not uploaded a video yet. I am sure there is some discrete policy that protect these people and I am probably breaking some rules or something. I will know if my post gets deleted, in which case I will just have to take it else where.

I cannot guarantee anyone specifically is the hacker, but every time this happens theres always a single VAC BAN on the server, so next time you get hacked open your in game steam menu, click CURRENT PLAYERS and find  the VAC BAN. for me its 100% success rate 6 times rolling.

So in closing, does this information help anyone here at DAYZ catch these people? I also like I mentioned have a full list of Steam ID's that were in the game  the moment I encountered the hacker, and a SS of in game names.

If I will be wasting my personal time, this will not be looked into for various reason I am fine with not taking down the info and spending 45mins to edit a video upload it and track and post this info, if any of this info breaks forums policy I will be happy to post els where. 

• Like 4

Wow, what an ass. I mean I've seen some pretty shit hackers before, but wow. The only worse I've seen was one that got me and my whole clan killed. Our clan leader and 2 other guys were in our rally house on a hill, and we're all down in the city, all of a sudden we hear gunfire through one of their mics on TS, and our clan leader says he's dead. So me and 1 other guy rush up there, as the rest of our clan was too far away, I get up there, fire at least 20 shots of an m4 into his ass running up the hill, we get up there, and run around him because we ran out of ammo shooting at him, thinking we just missed (I happened to be recording, so I looked back on it and saw the blood hit him when I shot him), so we started trying to axe him, while he screams "Man, I play on this server all the time and wreck you guys every day!" . Hackers are a huge problem in DayZ and they seriously need to be fixed, I love what you're doing here, thanks man.

only 1 time in my 300 hours of dayz i did meet a hacker. he was foolin around with me . teleporting all the way around me. but i was smarter. apprehended his next teleporting Location and put 30 M4 rounds into his Body!

but ist gotten worse lately! i have a huge steam friend list and i get all the steam gossip...

i got offered dayz hacks from some of my friends. in return they asked for tf2 items (unusuals, keys, buds). heck i even got offered to Play on a "private" Server!

hacks/scripts getting VEERY COMMON lately! does this have something to do with the stolen source code?

i have a Feeling the developers cant quite get them. they release a fix, but there is more new hacks than fixes (like the "steal items from Players"-hack)

My question overall here will be "Am I wasting my time to report hackers even if I provide evidence of them?"

I have around 500 hours of Dayz, and although I don't get hack killed that often it has steadily been increasing in the past month. I record my game play for almost every game I play because its nice to go back and review things, and catch funny moments etc. Also catching Hackers is 100% thing for me as I am always recording. I am curious if my efforts to upload any information about the encounter will go to waste.

My procedure priority's when I know someone is cheating are as follows.

1 ) I record the incident, as I am always recording.

2 )The moment I know someone is hacking I take a SS of all player names in game at that moment with (P).

3 ) I go to my steam menu, click VIEW PLAYERS>CURRENT GAME and I SS all the players in the CURRENT game.

4 ) I record all of their steam ID's and I look for the person with a prior VAC BAN offense. (There is ALWAYS ONE and never has been more then one at a time, Coincidence?) 

5 )  I get the server name and IP

6 ) I record the time as accurately as possible.

7 ) I upload video.

8 ) I hope I have not wasted my personal time.

Here is an example of a video. I have info just like this on about 5 other players but I have not uploaded a video yet. I am sure there is some discrete policy that protect these people and I am probably breaking some rules or something. I will know if my post gets deleted, in which case I will just have to take it else where.

I cannot guarantee anyone specifically is the hacker, but every time this happens theres always a single VAC BAN on the server, so next time you get hacked open your in game steam menu, click CURRENT PLAYERS and find  the VAC BAN. for me its 100% success rate 6 times rolling.

So in closing, does this information help anyone here at DAYZ catch these people? I also like I mentioned have a full list of Steam ID's that were in the game  the moment I encountered the hacker, and a SS of in game names.

If I will be wasting my personal time, this will not be looked into for various reason I am fine with not taking down the info and spending 45mins to edit a video upload it and track and post this info, if any of this info breaks forums policy I will be happy to post els where. 

If you go to their profile in steam you can report a violation "suspected cheater" there along with whatever evidence you have. It sounds like you have pretty strong (but not conclusive) evidence. I'd give it a shot.

Hicks said BattleEye is finally going to start banning PBO exploiters like it should have been doing from the beginning when we were told that was already being done 5 months ago.

Actually he didn't talk about BE back then. The long-term goal is still to make the game's signature check work properly and faster.

Also, what he mentioned is somewhat old news:

Most of them are caught by BE now.

;) Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 2

So a big part of waiting for a more advanced SA build was waiting to see how hacking was going to play out...heres the key question, going foward what is going to fix it up and when?

I remember the strong promises made that hacking would be dealt with given the experience of the mod. I understand that the current build? servers? (whatever) are more vulnerable to hacks and it was known they would be and this was partially expected. But no mention of when it was going to be more secure by on the roadmap from Rezzed 2014 (from memory)

Edited by Trizzo

If you go to their profile in steam you can report a violation "suspected cheater" there along with whatever evidence you have. It sounds like you have pretty strong (but not conclusive) evidence. I'd give it a shot.

I did a report I explained what happened and gave a link to the video to Steam Report Violation. However I have done this before for another person with 2 VAC BANS, I checked his profile (2 weeks later tonight) and 3rd VAC BAN is not present on the profile.

I did a report I explained what happened and gave a link to the video to Steam Report Violation. However I have done this before for another person with 2 VAC BANS, I checked his profile (2 weeks later tonight) and 3rd VAC BAN is not present on the profile.

I suppose the problem is you don't have conclusive proof linking the hacker with the steam profile. You have circumstantial evidence and they can't ban someone for that. I've no idea what happens behind the scenes with vac but I'm sure they take reports seriously. Whether you want to report when you can't prove 100% who cheated is up to you.

5 man team of us just got our gear removed from our bodies with nothing but a lonely new spawn running around us. When will these exploits be fixed?

This hack completely removes all and any reason to play, if you're a survivalist or a bandit - you log in and your gear is removed by some kid who paid a few pence on his fathers credit card and he can do whatever he wants.

5 man team of us just got our gear removed from our bodies with nothing but a lonely new spawn running around us. When will these exploits be fixed?

This hack completely removes all and any reason to play, if you're a survivalist or a bandit - you log in and your gear is removed by some kid who paid a few pence on his fathers credit card and he can do whatever he wants.

They are onto it I saw tweets.

Just wanted to start a post/discussion to bring to light certain hacks that have resurfaced and are floating around. I have encountered copious amounts of teleporting hacks as well as glitched ammo. (Not sure if 8000 rounds in one stack is glitching or hacking). The real hack that made me make this post just occcurred.

My friend and I were in Berenzino mocing through it when someone spawned in on top of me, I quickly killed him and upon looting his body found about 12000 rounds of sks ammo. Within five minutes, as I was just standing, my leg suddenly broke. Following that my friend set out to find splint materials/morphine auto injector. As he was searching his items all disappeared. Then mine did as well. My friend ran into the hacker who was yelling free loot. He took the loot off of everyone in Berenzino and put it in the middle of the street. I rolled all the way to it. The minute everyone ( about 8 of us) got our loot back he stripped it off of us and moved it somewhere else. WHAT THE HELL?!?! I had them kill me because i just wanted to respawn and get off that server.

Now was this a hacker or something that can only be done by a server admin? I usually avoid sketchy server and I am definitely avoiding that server from here on out, but it's a little ridiculous. I know the game is in alpha but it's hacker prevention is failing and should be something that is dealt with better because there has been so much of it lately. That's all I have to say I was just wondering what other people have experienced/what are people's thoughts on this matter?

Just wanted to start a post/discussion

Please use the pinned / official topics for this.

Just wanted to start a post/discussion to bring to light certain hacks that have resurfaced and are floating around. I have encountered copious amounts of teleporting hacks as well as glitched ammo. (Not sure if 8000 rounds in one stack is glitching or hacking). The real hack that made me make this post just occcurred.

My friend and I were in Berenzino mocing through it when someone spawned in on top of me, I quickly killed him and upon looting his body found about 12000 rounds of sks ammo. Within five minutes, as I was just standing, my leg suddenly broke. Following that my friend set out to find splint materials/morphine auto injector. As he was searching his items all disappeared. Then mine did as well. My friend ran into the hacker who was yelling free loot. He took the loot off of everyone in Berenzino and put it in the middle of the street. I rolled all the way to it. The minute everyone ( about 8 of us) got our loot back he stripped it off of us and moved it somewhere else. WHAT THE HELL?!?! I had them kill me because i just wanted to respawn and get off that server.

Now was this a hacker or something that can only be done by a server admin? I usually avoid sketchy server and I am definitely avoiding that server from here on out, but it's a little ridiculous. I know the game is in alpha but it's hacker prevention is failing and should be something that is dealt with better because there has been so much of it lately. That's all I have to say I was just wondering what other people have experienced/what are people's thoughts on this matter?

It was definitely a cheater.  The only thing server admins can do to anyone is kick them. 

BI and BE have currently lost control of the game to cheaters, but hopefully justice will be coming to them soon.  I just wish BI would raise the cost of the game to at least $35 or $40 so that the cheaters who are banned would think harder about trying to cheat again.

Edited by tandwannabe

Kinda had my first rage quit tonight due to hacking.  Encounter hackers a lot, obviously don't like it but don't normally let it get to me.  Guess it's all been wearing on me a bit though, and tonight some fucker shot me basically through a whole building.  Hadn't really seen that before, but I was on the roof of one of the unenterable factories, see a guy below, try to confirm it's not a member of my group (we were already in a fight, we knew these guys were at least dupers because I knocked one out and he had an infinite ammo mag), then dude starts shooting at me.  I back up towards the middle of the roof, there's no fucking way he can see me or have an angle on me, but he continues to shoot.  Shooting through the building walls, up through the roof and killing me.  Between that and some other issues I was like, welp, fuck this, and quit.  Didn't even respawn, which is rare for me hahaha.

Wasn't super pissed or anything though, just fed up.  Seriously considering a break from DayZ buuut I'm weak willed and will probably be back on that shit, especially with the new patch =P

This was also after having all mine and my buddies gear stripped earlier today too.  It's just every fucking day with this shit.  It went from playing like 200+ hours without seeing a single legitimate hacker, to seeing a hacker  nearly every hour, or at least every server.  It's fucken bad.

They are onto it I saw tweets.

They should have been onto it earlier. A 63 page thread full of people saying the same lines over and over with the only official reply being a mix between Sible and some other mod moving other people's post. I'm being told it was fixed a few days ago, yet nothing is different in game, still the same old shit of gear disappearing and people knowing your exact location. I was all for letting Developers take their time to fix the game, now it just seems like a waste of time and a waste of money. Less cowboy hats, more fixing glitches and exploits.

I was frapsing our game and caught a hacker/glitcher in the act. Its just such a hard thing to regulate and report, so i do hope this PBO issue fixes a lot of this shit.

Check my vid