RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Hey dayz forums, was just wondering if there's any news on whether or not they're going to fix any of the hacks or cheats in this next update?  Anyone know? 

Personally, I'm just a little tired of the item duping (so easy it's laughable), the crawling through walls, looking through walls, shooting folks from under the floor, and now this new invisible hack (this one i haven't figured out yet, but it's getting annoying to get knocked and/or looted by invisible players in berezino...).  

Anyone have any news on this front?  I love the game, but really, I'm hoping they can fix this stuff before dayz becomes a joke...

Anyone have any news on this front? 

Please do read up on the pinned topics in the very same section you have just posted in and you will get yourself an answer.

Merged.

• Like 1

FYI, we (BE and DayZ devs) are aware of the new item-stealing hack and hopefully a fix will be provided ASAP. Please note that while BE can detect known hacks, it cannot fix underlying issues in the engine that allow such exploits/hacks. I'm really sorry guys, I know how frustrating the situation is. :(

Infinite ammo was actually fixed with the last stable update, so what you see is hacked magazines from before the update that haven't been removed from the database yet. Hopefully those can be completely removed at some point.

What do you mean by fixed? If people are able to dupe items and infinite ammo clips fire infinite ammo then there is an unlimited amount of infinite ammo clips. People are selling them now.

Not having a go at you at all but I was led to believe that the recent small security patch made those clips fire blanks once their capacity was spent but it seems like they are truly unlimited. I asked some guy who found one to do a test:

Again not having a go at you, you are in the detection and banning business rather than the stopping business.

I thought the fix for infinite ammo mags wasn't actually in yet.  If it is, then what's mentioned above is true, people are still just duping them.

So maybe they should just do a full wipe if it is fixed.  Some people will bitch, but unless all you're doing is hanging out on no pop servers alone in the woods, everyone dies eventually any ways.  Besides that, it's alpha =P

They need to fix how easy it is to dupe too though before that.

• Like 1

I thought the fix for infinite ammo mags wasn't actually in yet.  If it is, then what's mentioned above is true, people are still just duping them.

So maybe they should just do a full wipe if it is fixed.  Some people will bitch, but unless all you're doing is hanging out on no pop servers alone in the woods, everyone dies eventually any ways.  Besides that, it's alpha =P

They need to fix how easy it is to dupe too though before that.

I hate to say stuff like it's trivial to fix this but surely on joining a server some sort of check could do done that changes clips/mags from thousands to their actual value.

I thought the fix was the small security update a while ago. It was like a hotfix.

Edited by freethink

I hate to say stuff like it's trivial to fix this but surely on joining a server some sort of check could do done that changes clips/mags from thousands to their actual value.

I thought the fix was the small security update a while ago. It was like a hotfix.

But what's their actual value?  A full 30/40/60?  Do you set every mag to its full amount, just to set every duped mag to normal?  Set them all to 0?  I mean it wouldn't really make much difference either way, some people would either lose some ammo or get full mags which isn't a big deal compared to the infinite ammo mags but it just seems easier to wipe it all.  It's not just mags that are duped extensively either though, it's full inventories.  I don't really care either way as long as they're removed though, just seems like less work to wipe it all.

That hotfix very well could have done it, but I've not noticed any impact at all myself.  Still run into duped mags constantly which is why I figured it wasn't even in yet.

Edited by Bororm

But what's their actual value?  A full 30/40/60?  Do you set every mag to its full amount, just to set every duped mag to normal?  Set them all to 0?  I mean it wouldn't really make much difference either way, some people would either lose some ammo or get full mags which isn't a big deal compared to the infinite ammo mags but it just seems easier to wipe it all.  It's not just mags that are duped extensively either though, it's full inventories.  I don't really care either way as long as they're removed though, just seems like less work to wipe it all.

That hotfix very well could have done it, but I've not noticed any impact at all myself.  Still run into duped mags constantly which is why I figured it wasn't even in yet.

if mag>mag_max then mag = 0

Edited by freethink

What do you mean by fixed? If people are able to dupe items and infinite ammo clips fire infinite ammo then there is an unlimited amount of infinite ammo clips. People are selling them now.

It's no longer possible to manipulate ammo values on the client. But yes, this fix obviously doesn't prevent duping.
  • Like 1

It's no longer possible to manipulate ammo values on the client. But yes, this fix obviously doesn't prevent duping.

Cheers for clarification.  To quote you" it cannot fix underlying issues in the engine that allow such exploits/hacks." Hopefully the architectural chances sort this out. The item stealing stuff seems like it's a missing sanity check from being fixed.

Have to say I love the battleye ban threads on steam.

My most pressing concern though is, what's with the super narrow website from the 80s?

I was running towards with full gear that I got off a body at Berezino and I was heading towards NEAF trying to get some death match going, apparently people that I have met in-game told me that it's so intense that people are glitching through the walls and people are spawning in gear at the barracks, decided to go check it out for myself, I was near the red and white radio tower near the airfield scoping it out with binoculars to see if I could see any snipers. As I walking down the tree line from the radio tower my gear was literally being taken off my body, I was not even sure what was happening and my guy became butt naked I tried re-logging unto a different server and I still did not have my gear and I heard some guy saying "GOTCHA GEAR BRAWW, HEHEHEHEH" and I instantly died no shots fired, no punches flung, and no was around me?!?!

Hax'd. Sorry mate, it happens to the best of us.

And, by the way, with the amounts of "ERMAGHERD LEGZ R BROK'D IN ZINO  AIRFELD HALP" threads on Reddit, you death matching everyone there does not make my job easier. T-T

Hax'd. Sorry mate, it happens to the best of us.

And, by the way, with the amounts of "ERMAGHERD LEGZ R BROK'D IN ZINO  AIRFELD HALP" threads on Reddit, you death matching everyone there does not make my job easier. T-T

Are these new hacks? I've never seen this before, the only thing I've seen hack wise is speed hacks, spawning in gear and infinite ammo

HELP ? Wish we could, but we can't :(

Was that on Experimental or Stable ?

Hope it will be gone with next update.

Red

Red

All on stable, 40/40 OrcZ Wiki sponsored server

You cannot retrieve old gear man, sorry.

Guys, just open tickets... stop bitching on the forum, you are just exposing to people out there that there is a new kind of hack and many of the littlelings that visit the forum will see that and turn to the dark side of the force.

• Like 1

Red

hope the gear cheat is left over Debug/testing code in the client (so devs could load out any player for testing) and therefor, will just be removed.

Guys, just open tickets... stop bitching on the forum, you are just exposing to people out there that there is a new kind of hack and many of the littlelings that visit the forum will see that and turn to the dark side of the force.

You are completely wrong..

After thinking it was bad programming or something else stupid I did to lose a gun, I only confirmed I wasn't losing it by having some dirt bag that was taunting me and who was also ghosting in and out (was completely invisible when he wanted to be) that had taken my Mosen to determine hacks galore.  Most of the time, the gun just disappeared. 

Can someone clarify if the hacking is primarily on private/12 year old hosted servers or is it wider spread? Are there any safer servers than others?

Had some dork in a clown mask with an M4 warp in and out at will after taking a Mosin off my buddy and I within 3 minutes. We were not directly beside each other. 

Please do read up on the pinned topics in the very same section you have just posted in and you will get yourself an answer.

Merged.

OK, but i don't see any news...  I think you're just burying threads so folks keep buying your game...

Yep, it's just another hack.  I'd say find a buddy and learn to dupe...  it's pretty easy and there are several youtube videos on how to do it...