RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Yeah lets hope the best. The problem is you cant beat ESP. you cant counter it unless you use your own esp hack and to make it worse, you will never know that someone hunted you down with a lame ESP hack. sucks. i just googled a bit and found plenty of this shit. unless the devs have some magical plan b in their pockets, dayz will not survive long. you heard it here first :/

Thx for the rule Nr.1 ^^ im not a newb tho, played ARMA 1+2+3, War Z for over a year, Nether (which sucks).

i appreciate your offer to join your group :) maybe i will but first i will try to get my rl mate and warz veteran in here. 

what language do you speak in ts?

Yeah lets hope the best. The problem is you cant beat ESP. you cant counter it unless you use your own esp hack and to make it worse, you will never know that someone hunted you down with a lame ESP hack. sucks. i just googled a bit and found plenty of this shit. unless the devs have some magical plan b in their pockets, dayz will not survive long. you heard it here first :/

Thx for the rule Nr.1 ^^ im not a newb tho, played ARMA 1+2+3, War Z for over a year, Nether (which sucks).

i appreciate your offer to join your group :) maybe i will but first i will try to get my rl mate and warz veteran in here. 

what language do you speak in ts?

ESP is what I fear the most as well. But it is also dependent on the situation in DayZ. I saw a video on youtube yesterday with some dude being chased by a guy with a speedhack. He did not have a gun, so he could not outrun him or get him with his axe. The guy was simply running about twice as fast as he did. This is a prime example of server side sanity checks. No way to hide it. Watching that was depressing as well. I can tell you though, that currently I do not think a lot of ppl use ESP, I am happily killing and being killed. It's not like they all seem to have psychic powers. Let me advise you against entering the military buildings with a prison cell on the right when you enter. There are ppl sitting in the wall. And way too often, to accept the risk.

It's always best to play with real-life friends. We talk english with ppl from Europe and the U.S. Have fun. But make sure your friends know what alpha is before getting them to buy the game!!! The links in my sig may help there.

Edited by bautschi

Hrhr, this alpha can't be worse than war z. and if its as bad i can live with it.

bugs dont ruin my fun but hackers do ...

have fun too and cu ingame, maybe. ^^

Where do we report hacks not hackers, but hacks that may contain definition files to help catch the people using them!!!

Honestly the people that cheat in DayZ are not hackers.  They are script kiddies at best.  I've always thought that calling them "hackers" just undeservedly boosts their ego.  The majority of them most likely bought what they have off of a website and never even wrote a line of it.  Thoughts?

Honestly the people that cheat in DayZ are not hackers.  They are script kiddies at best.  I've always thought that calling them "hackers" just undeservedly boosts their ego.  The majority of them most likely bought what they have off of a website and never even wrote a line of it.  Thoughts?

Merged

Merged

My thread wasn't about the current status of hacking in DayZ.  It was about terminology.  Now it's in a thread with over 1000+ replies and will just get glossed over.

Edit:  Sounded ruder than I had intended.

Edited by IReadTheAgreement

My thread wasn't about the current status of hacking in DayZ.  It was about terminology.  Now it's in a thread with over 1000+ replies and will just get glossed over.

Edit:  Sounded ruder than I had intended.

No problem, the thing is that we already have a dedicated topic for this and we all know about the terminology. Those that actually use any of the above software aren't capable of anything than correctly filling out their creditcardnumber.

I know the problem is actually described often enough, but I have the feeling I encounter these guys more often than before.

Yesterday I stayed almost the whole playtime at the airfields and every ~half an hour/every third prison I came in was "plagued" by a wallglitcher. Go up/down the stairs and right out of the wall are fired some shots - dead again cause of more or less invisible / cheating enemy :/

I agree...

It seems there are more and more of them. Last few weeks I encountered many various cheaters, using speedhack, hacks helping locate your position, modified bulding files(removed?, hacked?) and also standart well known undetectable in-wall bugging - I assume this as a cheat also.But! What I haven't seen yet is banning. Last several days I saw that BE gave global ban due to using hacks. For example, we had a gunfight on KS AF, 2 groups 3v4 - we won with one man down... We secured place for him to run back to AF to get his equipment, but meanwhile (< 1minute) speedhacker (i guess one of guys we killed) ran (flew) instantly for his gear and flew away... I saw him "flying" around airfield (maybe waiting for friends?) but suddenly 2 bans by BE appeared on status bar and cheater game continued without any suspicious activities... I guess they found their 24€ worth that....

The other day, I was playing with my Squad, and we were in Berezino. I was a fairly new spawn, with only an SKS, a backpack, and some ammo to my name. (And some clothes) We were heading to the house up the hill to take turns logging out to take breaks. Three of us were there, and our leader was somewhere near Kamyshovo, on our personal clan server. We were all on Teamspeak together, and just after the second guy logged back in, we hear someone say "We have the house surrounded" In direct chat. I check the player list and there's three non player people on the server. (A dude named Michael, and two with odd names I can't remember. The dude talks again and this time he says "We're going to kill you, if we have to wait you out, we will." At this point, I'm doubting that he has three people with him. So we decide to call his bluff and I run out as bait and I don't get shot. I act stupid and run back to the house and the other members scold me for giving away their location, despite how he knew we were there anyway and had confirmed so. Then he says "You with the SKS. Take off all your clothes and run to the coast, and don't stop running." When i get to the Apartments, he says "Keep running, I have someone tailing you and if you stop, they'll kill you." Crystal Clear, just as clear as when I was in the house.That's when I start to suspect something. The Michael dude had logged off, and after a little bit of running, the other guy says he got shot crawling through the forest and then the Squad Leader told us he killed two people down the coast. Those two people log off, and I think we're finally good, so i loop back and grab my gear. After a little bit of running back down towards Kamyshovo, I hear the voice again. "I didn't say stop running" I check the player list again. we're the only ones on. I keep running, and I see a zombie running Awkwardly, but I outrun it and ignore it. Next thing I know, the dude says "Take me to your friends" and I reply with "No, what do you want?" The next thing I know, the same awkward zombie is next to me. attacking me, and I go down in two hits. He says over the mic, "Next time take me to your friends". Nobody else heard him but me after the house. So now hackers can apparently fool player lists. This is just fantastic. I looked it up and I couldn't find anything, so he must write his own Code. I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Merged.

Paragraphs would be nice for a change.

I've run into a couple "Russian Jesus"s on some servers. Meaning dudes with Russian accents that are just hovering up in the sky flying around killing people and what not. That's in SA btw BUT really not often at all I don't go to high pvp pop servers though

I've run into a couple "Russian Jesus"s on some servers. Meaning dudes with Russian accents that are just hovering up in the sky flying around killing people and what not. That's in SA btw BUT really not often at all I don't go to high pvp pop servers though

Were they dipping crackers in vodka?

What tools do admins have available to them to help combat hackers? Back in the days of the mod, I would play on servers where the admins would actively monitor the game looking for cheaters - IE teleporters, sudden influx of weapons, or a person who made a b-line across the map to a squad and takes them all out. I was once on a server where the admin told me they saw a person run from the coast to my well hidden camp and steal everything. 

Does such an ability exist on SA? I personally have not ran into hackers on SA but on mod it was almost a daily occurrence to be TPd and killed.

Sup guys, new to the forums, not new to the game.

I was doing a livestream on Twitch when an a hacker striked. Luckily, since it was a livestream on Twitch, I got everything on tape. Check out what happens:

http://www.twitch.tv/tefy83/c/4411288

Now, this is something I've never encountered before in Day Z. We've all seen the hacked mags and the warping, but never before have I seen a hacker who takes the gun from you when you're alive and not knocked out. He stole both our guns, but luckily I had a 1911 in my backpack and got revenge in the end...bastard =P

Dayz Community,

Yes this is me whining ! Yes this is me Bitching ! 

The developers took so long to release the first Alpha because they were spending so much time to make the game hack proof. Yes Hackers have decreased a lot since the Mod but they are still a big issue and make me so angry some times.

I'm at NE Airfield. Collected loot with my friend for 1 - 2 hours. Been in multiple fights ect ect. We shoot some guy and we know we did not miss. I move in closer to flank, he shoots through barracks walls and kills me. He then shoots accurate fire with a M4 through the barracks wall at 800 meters at my friend in the tree line above NE. 

I respawn, run all the way back for some kid to sneak up on me. I explain that im a new spawn and tell him to watch out because there is a hacker here at NE. He says yeah, its me. I ask him why he hacks "Dunno" is his reply. Asks me if I want some hacked gear so I tell him to fuck off. Explain to my friend on skype while talking in local chat that this hacker sounds like a 3 year old. He gets mad and shoots me.

Stupid Hackers will ruin this game like it did the MOD.

~Jessop

Edited by Jessop

In the mod, hacking was bound to happen since a great deal of A2 was based on modding. There's a thin line between hacking and modding, as hacking is simply using mods you aren't supposed to use. Now that we're standalone, the hacking/modding isn't part of the game anymore so as soon as the devs can focus on deterring the hackers, they'll vanish. When we leave alpha/beta behind, we'll leave hacking behind us as well. 

It's a bit hard to explain

Edited by The End.

ok everyone, my question is why do you have t hack? do you lack skill at playing a game, or just do you suck so bad that hacking is the only way you play. the game is not hard but i am going to say this. (i do not care if im banned or not.) if you hack a game then you need to go jump off a cliff, get off your mom nipple, you need to go outside more, and last but not least. go buy a gun and shot yourself. hack are for people who cant play a game right because they are scared that they will suck so bad that they will embrass their whole family but heads up, when you hack you are showing everyone that you have no life and do not desevere to play a game wether or not it is on a computer or ps or xbox.

the whole part about you shooting and knowing you didnt miss does not completely mean its a hacker. that happens a lot with desync between players so when you see him at one place hes already somewhere else on his screen.

The developers took so long to release the first Alpha because they were spending so much time to make the game hack proof.

Not entirely true. A lot of time was spent rewriting a million+ lines of code. I think they did a good job in the time they've spent.

Well, if your playing on EU-03 (experimental) and your at Berezino there is hacker (possibly) group of hackers.

Just lost my AKM, with drum and scope.

/Alpha

Lol, that hacker

Well, if your playing on EU-03 (experimental) and your at Berezino there is hacker (possibly) group of hackers.

Just lost my AKM, with drum and scope.

/Alpha

He was using teleporting and such? i had an hacker on that server, who teleported on my location each time, so after few deaths i started to run around berenzino screaming "mr hacker, where are you? Im lonely here" and once he appeared shooting tons of bulltes from his m4 (without reloading) i spent 2 minutes running around him and screaming "hug me! please i need it!" like an idiot.

it was fun...