RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Yep, some cheating buggers got sick of dying all the time and instead spent 5 minutes on google finding out how to glitch into walls and decided to be assholes to their fellow survivors.

Not much you can really do about it I'm afraid. At least you can rest assured, if they hadn't been glitching little wimps, you'd most likely have killed them.

More than likely people glitching through the back wall, Could always be hacks though. The MP buildings are kind of touch and go, People can get into the walls/floor and shoot you even though you can't see them.

Not on the second floor mate as you know, not with an axe

The other day, 3 hackers teleported behind my sniper position on a full server killin me and my buddy 800m away from the airfield, meaning they would definitely not have know where we were exactly. This being said, the game and its ANTI HACK system is completely crap and yet they dont seem to be more focused on that and more focused on proceeding with the games physical upgrades... DO NOT JOIN A FULL SERVER! 

How the hell are people able to create items from thin air? I thought item spawn was controlled by the server.

They can't spawn items to my knowledge, what they can do however is move any items within the network bubble range to their location.

I encountered plenty of hackers already with wallhacks and aimbots. I generally avoid full servers for that reason.

I have about 250 hours in the Standalone and I haven't seen one yet. They're out there, but obviously in numbers much, much smaller than the mod.

250 hours and you have not seen a hacker LOL you must be a care bear.

I played 114h and i found 2 hackers and hackers kill my team.

first hacker have inf. ammo at magazine and great aim

second hacker is teleporting.

Encountered first definite hackers last night.Able to go through buildings and the floor, and spawning stacks of rounds in the thousands. Also sounded like little girls.

• Like 1

Need to know where to go to report some hacks I found, i have no way of knowing hacker names but I do have screen shots of what they did. 

Basically they had infinite stacks of ammo for the m4. The stacks were in the millions. Looks like they were also spawning gear for they had 4 60 mags each. 

Want to get this fixed, because it breaks the game for other players. 

You can see the inventory at 5:30 in my twitch clip, we killed them and then looted. Next day when we actually noticed the hacked ammo, we dropped it for fear of getting banned for having it on us. 

http://www.twitch.tv/epyon9/c/4010268

Thanks

Need to know where to go to report some hacks I found, i have no way of knowing hacker names but I do have screen shots of what they did. 

Basically they had infinite stacks of ammo for the m4. The stacks were in the millions. Looks like they were also spawning gear for they had 4 60 mags each. 

Want to get this fixed, because it breaks the game for other players. 

You can see the inventory at 5:30 in my twitch clip, we killed them and then looted. Next day when we actually noticed the hacked ammo, we dropped it for fear of getting banned for having it on us. 

http://www.twitch.tv/epyon9/c/4010268

Thanks

Merging

I've played 420hrs (mostly on high pop servers) and still not run into a hacker yet. I have seen vids though of the teleportation hacking so I know they're out there somewhere. The only foul play I've encountered a few times is ghosting.

I've been back for a week and, and every other day I see someone acting like they have the old ESP nonsense from the mod.

Last 3 deaths went like

Killed by script Kiddie 

Group of 4 killed by script Kiddie

Group of 3 killed by script Kiddie

Stopped playing.

Not desync or outplayed, 100% cheater. Once you remove your head from the sand they're easy to spot.

3 weeks later first thread I read is this, oh it's getting worse.

Do BI care that I or others stopped, no they already got my money.  Do they care for script idiots, hell yeah they're a continual source of income.  So will they fix anything for real or just make half assed attempts and say we are on it don't worry folks it is our number one priority to reduce our income by stopping them for good.  

Off to play other games, yah they got hacks/scripts/knobjockeys...but it dont take time to gear up and I have no investment in my character, they give me what I need to go boom boom at the start.

• Like 2

Do BI care that I or others stopped, no they already got my money.  Do they care for script idiots, hell yeah they're a continual source of income.  So will they fix anything for real or just make half assed attempts and say we are on it don't worry folks it is our number one priority to reduce our income by stopping them for good.  

Off to play other games, yah they got hacks/scripts/knobjockeys...but it dont take time to gear up and I have no investment in my character, they give me what I need to go boom boom at the start.

Yeah, the time gearing up is what makes cheaters so extremely frustrating. But I see things differently concerning BI's probable strategy. The game is changing extremely currently in it's development. I think there is great potential for big improvements by adding server side checks for all kind of things. A shot is fired? Let's check if there were wall between shooter and target. Somebody is moving? Let's check if he is moving faster than possible...there are really a lot of possibilities for all kind of checks.

If I remember correctly a relative close dev goal is better support for parallel computation. When that is done and working, a lot more cpu power is available, the question is what it will be used for. But I think that developing features should be done before the hardening of the features both in stability and anti cheat mechanisms. Otherwise a lot of work would have to be done multiple times when features are changed. The question is, will it be done when the time comes? I hope so.

I also don't really know how much Battleeye does and how much BI does. Either way, the current state does not automatically mean that it will be the same at late beta or release.

Now ESP prevention is probably really hard compared to hardening against things like spawning items or flying. I consider the advantage it provides compared to legit players in DayZ quite extreme. Just thinking about ASUS' Sonic Radar makes my blood pressure rise.

Edited by bautschi

Me and my squad got wiped today on the stable branch by a guy that TP'd next to each of us in  quick succession. We manage to sneak back to our gear, got on another server, only to be killed by a different TP hacker. They knew where we were even though we were in bushes. The Dev team needs to send out a wave of bans to make an example out of them.

The bans waves are taken care of by BE.  Quite possible said hackers logged in next to you and shot you not teleported.  I've dumped hours into high population servers and have yet to see someone teleport.  Other than that video evidence would be great, still will not get them banned unless you have the GUID to forward to BE though.

• Like 1

feel for you man.. just an hour a go i was sniping in elektro when 2 dudes just appeared in front of me... seeing this sorta thing before i kinda expected to die so i just ran around in circles while they teleported around slowly punched me to death.. i was taking shots with my mosin to no avail  .. i guess they were just having fun with me till i pulled out the m4 i was also carrying .... i sprayed the 60 mag like crazy getting lucky and killing both. im sure if either of them had a weapon i wouldnt have gotten away with my life. sorry for your loss dude.

Steak and Potatoes .. are you saying you never seen a video of someone teleporting or just never seen it in person..? if you wanna see a video im sure i can scratch a few up for ya.

• Like 1

Steak and Potatoes .. are you saying you never seen a video of someone teleporting or just never seen it in person..? if you wanna see a video im sure i can scratch a few up for ya.

In person, I do recognize the issues early on in release and I understand black magic was out there, but I still have yet to have it happen to me.  In the mod I got plenty of it dumped in my face but not in the SA yet.  I'm also very inclined to think Hackusations unless there is any video proof.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

ya i hear ya. some people like to cry hacks when they simply just got bested... i have well over 400hours on the standalone and only seen teleporters personally a handful of times.. and have never seen them outside of elektro. the 2 i killed today had a protector case with 2 long range scopes.. and the other had a ammo box full of mosin ammo.. other then that their backpacks were empty.. so i assume they just do it for the LuLz, not for gear. seeing how iv died from every silly way imaginable ... a hacker here or there isnt going to sully my experience. :) cheers

• Like 1

ya i hear ya. some people like to cry hacks when they simply just got bested... i have well over 400hours on the standalone and only seen teleporters personally a handful of times.. and have never seen them outside of elektro. the 2 i killed today had a protector case with 2 long range scopes.. and the other had a ammo box full of mosin ammo.. other then that their backpacks were empty.. so i assume they just do it for the LuLz, not for gear. seeing how iv died from every silly way imaginable ... a hacker here or there isnt going to sully my experience. :) cheers

Agreed, a good tell tale is if you kill a high kitted player that has no food and water items on them.  They are simply stacking kill gear and jumping around.  Its unfortunate that it occurs but in the fog of dayz alot of it can be misconceived.

What is that when player seems to be blinking like 50 meters instantly? Then suddenly he is back at you and hits you with axe, while blinking around you. Again, he goes 50 meters away instantly (not always the same direction and can do it multiple times to same direction). It was impossible to hit him while he could hit us.

What is that when player seems to be blinking like 50 meters instantly? Then suddenly he is back at you and hits you with axe, while blinking around you. Again, he goes 50 meters away instantly (not always the same direction and can do it multiple times to same direction). It was impossible to hit him while he could hit us.

That's teleporting.

• Like 1

Nothing like having your name called out while your hiding in a bush. The teleporting hes talking about is closer to a desyncing player but happens too be not desyncing.

You play enough on high population servers it will happen at least once per patch. Normally around the last week or two prior to a new patch release. I don't know a single guy that hasn't been called out by name then killed at some point...

I just take breaks till they release a patch. The times when we have to wait a month sux but not much they can do...

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1