RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Im sure YOUR buddy know a lot about hax and used many... Ahaha, always the bro, sis, friend, husband of sis, cousin....

Patethic

That's rude. The guy was real with you and explained to you why he thinks , out of experience, that it was a hack and you attack him for it...You should be grateful there are people open enough to warn you about traps and glitches in life.

I haven't seen a single hacker in my 150 hours in game.

That being said, the amount of people who are posting evidence of hacks is pretty large, so maybe battleye could be a bit more proactive and start dredging for the websites selling these hacks, and then update battleye to ban those hacks specifically. Maybe it doesn't work that way, but it should, I mean if getting hacks is as simple as googling it, then shouldn't targeting these wankers be just as easy? 

I wouldn't call "a buddy" somebody that hacks anyway, so go on, be rude.

I don't hack DayZ for shit but I can sure as hell fry your computer given I'm in-game with you so I'd warn you to watch out

How does that work

Edited by Highlander007

That being said, the amount of people who are posting evidence of hacks is pretty large, so maybe battleye could be a bit more proactive and start dredging for the websites selling these hacks, and then update battleye to ban those hacks specifically. Maybe it doesn't work that way, but it should, I mean if getting hacks is as simple as googling it, then shouldn't targeting these wankers be just as easy? 

It does work that way and most "private" cheats are getting busted weekly by BE. Also, there's more to detecting a hack than just googling it, just saying ;)

It does work that way and most "private" cheats are getting busted weekly by BE. Also, there's more to detecting a hack than just googling it, just saying ;)

Exactly this. I haven't personally seen how hacks work on SA, but I imagine it is like the mod. I remember in the mod's early days, I knew a guy (who was eventually rightfully bant hammered) who showed me a few things on how it was done then. Nothing I would ever use or condone, obviously. Cheating is for bitches with no skill or guts. 

I've seen some coders/scripters on other games in the past, and some of their ideas were freakin genius in getting around detection programs. I've even seen some code that compensates for life-like human error in aiming, making it harder to detect for aimbotting. Genius, sure, but it's a damn shame their efforts were wasted on something so counter-productive to the life of those games. It's hard to respect someone, no matter how genius their coding may be, when they are doing nothing but contributing to the growth of scumbags in any game.

So knowing this, I can imagine that some hacks are pretty hard to detect. Cheating is massive bullshit all around, but i'm confident that BE and the team can squash most of these arseholes.

Edit: Best thing you can do is turn in any information you have to the team or alert BE to any evidence you have. They'll eventually be caught and dealt with.

Edited by Gekkonidae

What makes me laugh is the level of denial of hacks vs. the level of hackusations. Rarely are people reasonable.

My friend (no, not me) used to create scripts in Action Quake II. I was never interested in hacking because I get too guilty too easily when making people sad.

Still, he would basically insta-headshot everyone the second they entered his view and half the server would be screaming hax while the other half defended this guy and claimed the dead guys were just salty children who couldn't stand getting rocked.

I have been cheated in DayZ. It sucks. I made some threads about it to vent, and yes, desync deniers showed up to blast me. It happens.

We'll never know the proliferation of hacking, but I hope it gets stamped out fast.

• Like 3

Exactly this. I haven't personally seen how hacks work on SA, but I imagine it is like the mod. I remember in the mod's early days, I knew a guy (who was eventually rightfully bant hammered) who showed me a few things on how it was done then. Nothing I would ever use or condone, obviously. Cheating is for bitches with no skill or guts.

I've seen some coders/scripters on other games in the past, and some of their ideas were freakin genius in getting around detection programs. I've even seen some code that compensates for life-like human error in aiming, making it harder to detect for aimbotting. Genius, sure, but it's a damn shame their efforts were wasted on something so counter-productive to the life of those games. It's hard to respect someone, no matter how genius their coding may be, when they are doing nothing but contributing to the growth of scumbags in any game.

So knowing this, I can imagine that some hacks are pretty hard to detect. Cheating is massive bullshit all around, but i'm confident that BE and the team can squash most of these arseholes.

Edit: Best thing you can do is turn in any information you have to the team or alert BE to any evidence you have. They'll eventually be caught and dealt with.

Let me add that I will forever hate hackers for ruining one of my favorite MMOs, APB.

It's definitely better than in the mod. I have yet to encounter a cheater, and I have 28 hours and play on high pop servers!

I have over 100 hours and i have encountered tons of glitchers/ abusers and a few possible hackers.

What makes me laugh is the level of denial of hacks vs. the level of hackusations. Rarely are people reasonable.

My friend (no, not me) used to create scripts in Action Quake II. I was never interested in hacking because I get too guilty too easily when making people sad.

Still, he would basically insta-headshot everyone the second they entered his view and half the server would be screaming hax while the other half defended this guy and claimed the dead guys were just salty children who couldn't stand getting rocked.

I have been cheated in DayZ. It sucks. I made some threads about it to vent, and yes, desync deniers showed up to blast me. It happens.

We'll never know the proliferation of hacking, but I hope it gets stamped out fast.

If the people weren't naive and stupid then who would follow major religions and fight in major wars

Edited by Highlander007

193 hours played on Dayz

Ive encountered 2 or maybe 3 hackers/cheaters/scripters or whatever you would call it

I was upstairs in a red house, noticing in the window a guy on the street. so i went to the stairs to guard it. 

Saw him come inside the building and hid and the botom floor. i backed up a bit and took cover so he 

coudnt shoot up the stairs. Then i saw a short flash, saw him very briefly. the next thing i know is that he comes out of 

a room on the top floor and shoots me with a shotgun and i die.

ive seen at least 1, perhaps 2 no-clipping walls. Stairs, Floor. Yes there are "known" floor, wall glitches/bugs etc. but sometimes its questionable if some things at cheating or glitches/bugs. 

however ive seen a speedhack/Teleporting guy anyhow.

100 HRS never personally ran into a blatent hacker.

However with all the video out there its clearly an issue.

However as also stated an issue that is being addressed.

Today i´ve encountered 2 Hackers. It happened on the same server so actually it could have been the same person 2 times.

The first time i was a freshy and ran from the east coast to kamishovo. Suddenly a lightning fast guy overtook me. It looked a little stroboscopic like a combination of speed- and teleporting hack. Seems like he didn´t realize me but with zoomed view i saw that he stopped right before Kamishovo. He slowly went down to the coast and then he (girl model) was standing there for a while, teleported around a little, standing still again and so on. Seems like he had a look at and tried some features of his hack. I was runninig up to him and he didn´t realize me until i was directly behind him and started cursing at him. I started boxing at his helmet........of course he killed me.

Then about 45 minutes later i was at the west border of elektro and wanted to run to Cherno as suddenly a guy (girl model again) appeared in front of me, ran after me a second with an axe, teleported again in front of me and so on. After half a minute he/she/it gave up. Maybe it´s too hard to kill a sprinting player with an axe :-)

Edited by lauda

What does post count have to do with anything. Theres atleast 4 hack sites providing cheats for this game within hours of a patch. Stop being retarded.

Well i'm more inclined to take the opinion of someone with a fair few posts over a guy with barely any posts, whose handle is bohemiaisbroken and also took 4 comments on this thread to even remotely give any decent information.

Quoting an old posting? Why?

Maybe in January hackers were rare and there where doubts because could have been desync and so on. Now 2 months have passed and hackers are getting more and more. This is really sad but it´s true!

• Like 1

I have just died to a hacker for the last time now.

I watched a new spawn running from one of the electro firestations to another and i saw this guys warping really fast behing him, on the last warp he is kneeling and he kills the fresh spawn so i go to aim at him and he just starts warping in a massive circle and then bang you are dead, my friend tries to shoot him but apparently he dissapears and then bang my friend is dead as well. THIS WAS A HACKER I WATCHED IT WITH MY OWN EYES.

Anyway to the main point, i wont install this game again until there is private servers that i can join that can be screened for cheaters. I forgot why i played the console more often until i bought this game and then i got a sharp reminder so if any of the devs are listening or read these forums please introduce some form of private servers even if its a few like 10 just so we can have some cheat free servers otherwise me and i am sure many others are going to start leaving in large numbers and i dont want that because i dont think i will be that interested in this game a year from now and after today i am certainly not interested in it anymore.

tldr;

We need private servers and we need them fast. Hackers have forced me to uninstall this game and i am sure i am not alone, if private servers are not introduced soon it will be too late and the only people left playing will be the hackers.

• Like 1

Today i´ve encountered 2 Hackers. It happened on the same server so actually it could have been the same person 2 times.

The first time i was a freshy and ran from the east coast to kamishovo. Suddenly a lightning fast guy overtook me. It looked a little stroboscopic like a combination of speed- and teleporting hack. Seems like he didn´t realize me but with zoomed view i saw that he stopped right before Kamishovo. He slowly went down to the coast and then he (girl model) was standing there for a while, teleported around a little, standing still again and so on. Seems like he had a look at and tried some features of his hack. I was runninig up to him and he didn´t realize me until i was directly behind him and started cursing at him. I started boxing at his helmet........of course he killed me.

Then about 45 minutes later i was at the west border of elektro and wanted to run to Cherno as suddenly a guy (girl model again) appeared in front of me, ran after me a second with an axe, teleported again in front of me and so on. After half a minute he/she/it gave up. Maybe it´s too hard to kill a sprinting player with an axe :-)

This happened to a friend and I while he was streaming last night. Watched him teleport above the tree's going east, next thing he was behind me unloading an M4, then teleporting to my friend and killing him also. Respawned about 200m from where I died to see him again teleporting above the tree's and killing my friend and I once again. Usually hackers/script kiddies go into full server from what I have seen. If we play a lower pop server we rarely run into them at all.

• Like 1

No

Also:  ALPHA!!!

I never asked a question so why are you saying no ???

Alpha has nothing to do with people hacking or am i missing something ??

• Like 2

Private hive will not keep the hackers out, it may reduce their numbers a bit but it won't get rid of them all. Give them time to work on the battle eye filters, there will be a wave of bans before too long