RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I never asked a question so why are you saying no ???

Alpha has nothing to do with people hacking or am i missing something ??

We need private servers asap

No we don't.  Come back when the game is released.  This is a testing phase, not your happy fun time phase

• Like 4

I have just been killed by some guy who was teleporting behind me  and laughing his head off around the back of electro, he kept appearing behind me and vanishing again calling me a 'fag' like being killed by a hacker is not enough it had to be a 12 year old.

This just seems to be happening more and more and i just do not understand what is going to be done to stop these cheaters, everyone is so quick to say 'there will always be cheaters in a game' but that does not excuse the fact that nothing is being done about hacking. Battleye and vac are not good enough on their own. I never played the mod but i am 99% sure they had both and it did not really make any difference there so does anyone really think it is going to do much now, especially when the hacking websites sell copies of dayz for really cheap as well so the deterrent for cheating is not working.

just died to another Teleporter saw him in town through my scope disappeared then he was on me shooting me could see him clip 30 to 40 feet at a time on the run over he just said hax bro after he killed me 

Private hives + white listing + active admins = best dayz experience.

Not to mention no ghosting no server hoping no combat logging.

Public hives have always been a silly idea.

• Like 2

Private hives + white listing + active admins = best dayz experience.

Not to mention no ghosting no server hoping no combat logging.

Public hives have always been a silly idea.

And once this game is no longer in ALPHA you will most likely have the ability to rent servers on the private hives.  Until then not going to happen.

Inbf "Sounds like desync bro, after +50000 hrs I haven't seen a single hacker"

On topic: It might be too early for private hives, but still I agree.

That's his safety word

• Like 1

That's his safety word

Ya, a safety word for morons who clearly don't understand the concept of what an ALPHA is.  Not going to point fingers or anything.....

Ya, a safety word for morons who clearly don't understand the concept of what an ALPHA is.  Not going to point fingers or anything.....

That's a good one. Now, when OP responds with an equal measure you just push that report option and wait for the mod to come and lock the thread = win

1. 80% of people you wall glitch

2. 50% bandits you wall "hack"

3. servers sometimes lag like hell so i droped two bullets in head while he was uncon and still not dead -.-'

just died to another Teleporter saw him in town through my scope disappeared then he was on me shooting me could see him clip 30 to 40 feet at a time on the run over he just said hax bro after he killed me 

That's your cue to also get the cheats. Fight fire with fire

People that haven't seen the cheaters live in caves way up north. They grow their own beans too

I have played SA for 115 hours and I have never seen a hacker. For the most part I play at coast

OFFICIAL DAYZ SA STATS:

If somebody kills you and you didnt saw him: 100% haxxxxx

Combat log, server hopping and all that 10000000% supermodmenuhaxxx

I know that there really are cheaters and glitchers but no need to bitch about them all the time. It is still an alpha! If you cant handle the DayZ, dont play it. I am sure that deanz beanz is looking in to this hacker problem so pls staaaahhhp.

You're missing something.

He was saying no to your suggestion. But alas:

You seem to fall under the category of people who think hackers use magic. What hackers do (atleast in this sense) is find a "hole" and exploit it. They find a way that will let them alter the game. This is similiar to how an exploiter glitches into the walls, only they are finding a hole in the coding of the game and using their own code to exploit it.

ALPHA is full of these "holes". Everytime they close one, more open up. However when the game goes into later phases, these holes will be patched for the most part. No game (not even consoles) are 100% safe from exploits. But do not even begin to think they will be able to do these things in the release, or even the later alpha phases.

Just wait until BE has done a couple more banwaves and the price of the game hits 50ish euro.
We are gonna se alot less hackers at that point tbh.

But theres no reason to "rush" private server development, in such an early stage, because you "where forced to uninstall the game".....

Why where you forced to do this again?

You could have played on a different server, you could have NOT given up mate.
Throwing the towel in the ring doesnt solve anything, and this rant is exactly what the "hackers" wants to happen.

The more people they can pis off and the more people who complain, the more you are feeding them tbh.

As mentioned above, this is not the time to play DayZ, we are testing atm, and if you dont want to test the game, simply wait for more updates and find something else to do tbh.

But it wont ever be "to late" to introduce private servers.

We will get it when we get it tbh, and we can be sure the devs are taking the right precautions regarding "hackers".

Give BE some time to really get started and give VAC some time to figure it all out + more and more "loopholes" are being pahtched every day, so it will improve over time.

• Like 1

You're missing something.

He was saying no to your suggestion. But alas:

You seem to fall under the category of people who think hackers use magic. What hackers do (atleast in this sense) is find a "hole" and exploit it. They find a way that will let them alter the game. This is similiar to how an exploiter glitches into the walls, only they are finding a hole in the coding of the game and using their own code to exploit it.

ALPHA is full of these "holes". Everytime they close one, more open up. However when the game goes into later phases, these holes will be patched for the most part. No game (not even consoles) are 100% safe from exploits. But do not even begin to think they will be able to do these things in the release, or even the later alpha phases.

Yep. There were same amount of modders in gta 4 on ps3 than there are on PC in that same game. And I remember those daamn cheaters on cod 4 and bo 2 on ps3 as well. Cheaters everywhere. Dayz SA has relatively low amount of them in my opinion. Coming from old console gamer

We there are already clan servers, so join a clan as they kick everyone ese out their servers

We there are already clan servers, so join a clan as they kick everyone ese out their servers

These servers violate the rules and will (or should) be reported and will (or should) be shut down with no refunds for the owner. (If you think of the nature of the public hive, this is pretty self explanatory)

Anyway to the main point, i wont install this game again until there is private servers that i can join that can be screened for cheaters.

i believe we are talking about bug exploiter here, so as long as there are so many bugs (and there will be for a long time. alpha, you know) there will be exploiters.

i need a good laugh for this morning, so please explain how you planned to screen bug exploiters on private servers?

e: even if it was a qenuine hax0rmaster2000, the same thing applies. proper anti-hax0r mechanisms will be (hopefully) introduced later on.

Edited by komadose
  • Like 1

OFFICIAL DAYZ SA STATS:

If somebody kills you and you didnt saw him: 100% haxxxxx

Combat log, server hopping and all that 10000000% supermodmenuhaxxx

I know that there really are cheaters and glitchers but no need to bitch about them all the time. It is still an alpha! If you cant handle the DayZ, dont play it. I am sure that deanz beanz is looking in to this hacker problem so pls staaaahhhp.

Cheating is actually one of the greatest threats this game has. To many cheaters and people will stop playing -  will not recommend it to others plus steam ratings and reviews will go down.

If that happens the developers could well decide not to put all that much effort in there anymore

I have played hundreds of hous on Dayz mod. I helped admin a server connected to public hive. I've spent hours and hour looking through server logs to find script kiddings teleporting and spawning A-10s. I have had people added to the global ban lists. I don't code however, so I am not expert.

The last few months I played Dayz mod, on public and private hives was an epic disaster. Everyone on my teamspeak continually were getting nuked by hackers, teleport killed, transported to a magic island as bunny rabbits and then transmuted into human form again to battle royale to the last man. It was so bad we quit playing on anything other than whitelisted private hives.

Now I've played a few hundred hours of Dayz SA. My experience thus far is this.....I nor anyone i know has yet to experience a hacker or a hacked event. That being said, alot of the Arma hacks were quite obvious because they involved scripting in events that were already in the Arma code, and were obviously not meant to be in Dayz.....tactical nuke strikes, A-10s, ect. Hacks in Dayz SA should theoretically be less obvious....its harder/impossible to script A10s into a game that doesn't have A10 code already there.

It should be possible to do teleport hacks, body armor hacks ect, and will probably always be possible in Dayz SA because all events are not handled by the server, like on nearly all MMOs nowadays.

But I haven't seen it yet. That being said, as buggy as SA is, it's quite possible that we've experienced script kiddies, and just don't know it. From people being shot with hundreds of rounds and still living, to people glitching in and out and being seemingly invincible ect.

So have hope, but not too much hope.

Edited by johngalt

The only moron is the person with a disgusting attitude and i think we all know who that is ???

Caboose anyone.

• Like 1

Just wait until BE has done a couple more banwaves and the price of the game hits 50ish euro.

We are gonna se alot less hackers at that point tbh.

But theres no reason to "rush" private server development, in such an early stage, because you "where forced to uninstall the game".....

Why where you forced to do this again?

You could have played on a different server, you could have NOT given up mate.

Throwing the towel in the ring doesnt solve anything, and this rant is exactly what the "hackers" wants to happen.

The more people they can pis off and the more people who complain, the more you are feeding them tbh.

As mentioned above, this is not the time to play DayZ, we are testing atm, and if you dont want to test the game, simply wait for more updates and find something else to do tbh.

But it wont ever be "to late" to introduce private servers.

We will get it when we get it tbh, and we can be sure the devs are taking the right precautions regarding "hackers".

Give BE some time to really get started and give VAC some time to figure it all out + more and more "loopholes" are being pahtched every day, so it will improve over time.

I agree with you.

I feel i was forced to uninstall because i dont like cheating whether it be in alpha beta or whatever i just cant stand spending hours of my time to get a decent character just to have someone teleport all around me and then kill me and so blatantly as well. This is alpha though right so i should not be having 'fun' on the 'game'.

But as everyone has said i am just going to wait until the game is released and then if i remember and IF the game still looks appealing to me then i will start playing again, i am not ranting and i am not angry when i type this i was just letting people know that i have given up on the game for now until they introduce private hives to avoid the frustration.

'But it wont ever be "to late" to introduce private servers.' I think that is subjective tbh. It may not be too late for you but i am almost certain it will be too late for me as i would have lost interest by then.

• Like 1