RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Enforcing unique names on servers is also enough for bans, steam only needs to record who was on which server using what name at a given time. That's not really complicated. Bigger problem: How exactly do you get the player's ingame name? For the future, I don't know what admins will be able to do, but the ingame name, even if it can be changed, is still enough, if the name can be tied to the steam account through a given time and server. It just has to be implemented.

Obvius you don know what you talking and like to say nonsense stuff about, when alpha came out yuor ingame name was the same as steam nickname like cod mw2 or other steamworks games, now you can see a list off ppl on steam who played whit you, but is not enough to track cheaters.

Jfyi pic ot didnt happend is older then internet you noob.

Last thing to make u stfu, you sayd too many bs, quicksync/nvenc are hw encoders for h264 vids, do i need to explain more or now you realized how much high is the steaming pile of crap you raising by only opening your mouth twice ?

I tell you anyway, using quicksync on my laptop to record 1080p videos using OBS take around 2-3 % cpu time, wowowow what a strain............

Youngsters... When u don t know about, pls just stfu and cut the bs, you make a better impression.

Edited by KamiOfKOS

Hacking status recently has increased like mad. I can barely join any servers now without coming across a hacker. Here's a few situations below;

Approx. 1 week ago, me and a friend were looting NEAF. No one approached us, quiet day, low pop server. Suddenly a friend reports seeing someone pop their head out of the hangars. I look through one window, on the upstairs of the jail when suddenly my friend reports he is dead. I move away from all windows and place my back towards the wall. I confirm over TS he's dead, realise there must be a hacker, I check upstairs and downstairs and log out ASAP. We have a friend in the field who has a long range on the building so no one can enter it without him taking a shot. I join an empty server and I'm a fresh spawn, then over TS my friend with the mosin reports someone just appeared in front of him and shot him. During the entire situation no one heard a single gunshot besides on my friend with the mosin. It was almost like we just died because of nothing. 

Sunday we were all in NEAF, looting a body and about to get out and search ATC when 5 of us came under fire from someone with an unlimited mag in the wall. We couldn't see him but he was spraying us all, I was the only the survivor out of five of us because I ran behind one of the bunk beds and logged out while he entertained himself on my friend. We couldn't see anything, just felt the shots. We can only assume he was in one of the many secret walls and rooms in the airfield jails.

Yesterday I was playing with a clan, when someone said over teamspeak "I see someone called emigrates, walking through the woods. Is that one of us?" When I asked how he could see me, he told me was using GPS. I shrugged my shoulders and thought nothing of it. 2 of us hid in a bush with long range covering East Jail and ATC when we came under fire, we ran towards the wood near sunflower field when we kept getting shot at. After I kept running with nothing but a Pistol, I hid behind a massive tree line, there's no way anyone could see through them. I waited 30 seconds and then a further barrage of shots kept coming my way, one of the clan friends told me could see the guy on his GPS chasing me, assuming he's using the same GPS hack.

I died.

Late last night we organised a 4 man strike on 2 snipers on sniper hill. The moment we got close the two snipers turned around with M4 and started to spray out location as if they knew where we are. I shot one and the other ran, I watched over my team mates body to prevent someone stealing his items after he was shot, made unconscious and his body kept warping so I couldn't bandage him. One of the clan mates reported seeing someone move very fast in my location when i saw something sprint past me at speeds unknown, the people using GPS confirmed he must be using some speed hack, I logged and that was the end of that.

After questioning people about the GPS hack, I've been given a download link, information on how to use it and what it does exactly. People believe it's currently undetectable because of the way it works (in the background, set in a browser connecting to a server) as opposed to being an in-game mod. Gladly offer any help and information about it to get this shit stain off the game. There's nothing more game destroying than hacking.

In short; unless you want to roam low pop servers, raiding small towns surviving without any further human contact. It's fantastic.

If however, you want to go to Airfields, Berezino or Svetlojarsk - you can expect people to shoot you through walls, people to know your exact location and people even teleporting in and out besides you.

• Like 2

Obvius you don know what you talking and like to say nonsense stuff about, when alpha came out yuor ingame name was the same as steam nickname like cod mw2 or other steamworks games, now you can see a list off ppl on steam who played whit you, but is not enough to track cheaters.

If you cannot see that the possibility to ask steam "Who used ingamename X on server Y at the time Z?" leads to the same result as knowing the steam name directly, then that is your problem. It's not complicated, just has to be implemented.

Jfyi pic ot didnt happend is older then internet you noob.

Heard it before, it's bs from idiots for idiots. Has admittidly it's uses with highly unlikely scenarios, but using it as a blanket argument for discussions - well, as I said before, idiocy. Probably every possible way to cheat is somewhere recorded and shown on youtube or twitch. There is no reason to demand a recording from everyone who claims to have encountered a cheater. And at the current state saying that one has encountered a cheater is certainly not a very outlandish claim.

Last thing to make u stfu, you sayd too many bs, quicksync/nvenc are hw encoders for h264 vids, do i need to explain more or now you realized how much high is the steaming pile of crap you raising by only opening your mouth twice ?

I tell you anyway, using quicksync on my laptop to record 1080p videos using OBS take around 2-3 % cpu time, wowowow what a strain............

Youngsters... When u don t know about, pls just stfu and cut the bs, you make a better impression.

First being called a noob, then stfu multiple times, I say too much bs, my high pile of crap... do you have some anger management problems? Does your momy know how you behave in public? Get your act together or stfu yourself!

The older technology here is Quick Sync, introduced with sandy bridge, not included in the pentiums or celerons - had to google that. Every newer version of Intel CPUs brought also a newer version of Quick Sync.  Now I wrote the following:

It is also a problem to add recording as an additional strain for the CPU, especially for those with the CPU as a bottleneck.

The problem you obviously can't grasp is that having a medium range sandy bridge CPU - the first generation with Quick Sync - also means that recording with OBS using x264 is no problem. It is for those with older hardware without those posiibilities. Using x264 with my medium range i5 sandy bridge CPU and 1080p ingame recording downscaling with factor 2 has no noticable impact on DayZ. The CPU is fast enough. And you can even downscale more, if you want. This is a case where the CPU is exactly NOT the bottleneck. NVenc was introduced even later and OBS currently does not even support AMD's VCE.

I helped several ppl in their OBS setup and wrote a guide for it and guess what? Every one that had noticable performance impacts in DayZ when recording with x264 did not have hardware that supports Quick Sync or NVenc. Thinking about it, those with AMD GPUs also don't have newer ones with VCE. Yippie! What a glorious solution hardware encoding is, IF it is available. And it simply is not available for most of those with problems using x264. I'm not saying you should use x264, if you can use Quick Sync or NVenc, but that is a different discussion.

Now if you feel any further urge to cuss at me or insult me, do so in personal messages. There is no need to spam this thread and I kind of feel like responding here, when you answer like above.

Edited by bautschi

Funny when some say "I played xxx hours and never meet a hacker"

Do you think that anyone who is using hacks will come and say "hi there, I just saw you with my esp, it said you got a mosin, so I will try to use my not so good working aimbot on you, coz I use hacks from ilc.."

Edited by Nienko

Funny when some say "I played xxx hours and never meet a hacker"

Do you think that anyone who is using hacks will come and say "hi there, I just saw you with my esp, it said you got a mosin, so I will try to use my not so good working aimbot on you, coz I use hacks from ilc.."

It's generally pretty easy to determine whether someone is cheating or not if you've been gaming for a little while IMO.

• Like 1

I'd have to say that until we have solid, stable network architecture it's kind of hard to tell the difference between hacking and desync. Even when the chain doesn't show, I had someone shoot me from a floor under the atc for instance and another time there was someone on the other side of a wall (we crossed each end) and he still shot me despite the wall (supposedly) blocking him. I don't think hacks were used in either case and think it's more of the network architecture :c

I'd have to say that until we have solid, stable network architecture it's kind of hard to tell the difference between hacking and desync. Even when the chain doesn't show, I had someone shoot me from a floor under the atc for instance and another time there was someone on the other side of a wall (we crossed each end) and he still shot me despite the wall (supposedly) blocking him. I don't think hacks were used in either case and think it's more of the network architecture :c

Pbo (deleting some files, so you could noclip through the walls) exploit maybe? Not sure if its still done now, but it was mass abused a few months ago..

And fixing all that would be no point, untill the game is more "stable".

To avoid all this, just have to go to low pop servers, and explore/play there. Only log in to high servers to try some short pvp sessions and then go back to low pop. That would be the best way to avoid cheat trolls.

Pbo (deleting some files, so you could noclip through the walls) exploit maybe? Not sure if its still done now, but it was mass abused a few months ago..

To avoid all this, just have to go to low pop servers, and explore/play there. Only log in to high servers to try some short pvp sessions and then go back to low pop. That would be the best way to avoid cheat trolls.

'unno I see people getting kicked out for modified files (matching problem) happening so for the past month or so I'd say it's all good? This was about 3~ish months ago I'm talking here.

Most of them are caught by BE now.

Most of them are caught by BE now.

Really? These last few weeks I've come across more no clip or pbo abusers than ever before. After getting in touch with friends using this GPS client, I can see how easy it is to abuse and how hard it is to see if someone else is using it.

Really? These last few weeks I've come across more no clip or pbo abusers than ever before. After getting in touch with friends using this GPS client, I can see how easy it is to abuse and how hard it is to see if someone else is using it.

Could you PM me all the information you have?

You know you have been cheated

when you see someone pup up 150m away,

then 70m,

then 10m,

then 1m behind,

then one shot

*bang*

"You are Dead"

Just happend to me at NE airfield. Just another reason to start a new character :lol: :lol: :lol:

Script kiddies will always exist, and hackers making these scripts for them the same. No game in history is 'hack' free. Some games are more plagued with them than others. I havent' come across any script kiddies yet in Dayz, atleast not that Im aware of, and if I do, I just switch server start over again and ignore these kids, after all what gives them a thrill is that people getting angry go to forums and bitch about it. And what, why get so upset being killed in a video game by a script kiddie, you know you are better than them anyway because they have to cheat because they suck... Just move on, it's not the end of the world, and I think the 'hacker' problems are higly exaggerated..

Script kiddies will always exist, and hackers making these scripts for them the same. No game in history is 'hack' free. Some games are more plagued with them than others. I haven't' come across any script kiddies yet in Dayz, at least not that I'm aware of, and if I do, I just switch server start over again and ignore these kids, after all what gives them a thrill is that people getting angry go to forums and bitch about it. And what, why get so upset being killed in a video game by a script kiddie, you know you are better than them anyway because they have to cheat because they suck... Just move on, it's not the end of the world, and I think the 'hacker' problems are highly exaggerated..

Collect food, grab gun, go to high pop, die. 

You must have the patience of a saint if you aren't bothered by someone shooting you through a wall, persistently spraying you with an unlimited mag or someone knowing your exact location at all times.

P.S - I just accidently spell corrected your quoted post.

Script kiddies will always exist, and hackers making these scripts for them the same. No game in history is 'hack' free. Some games are more plagued with them than others. I havent' come across any script kiddies yet in Dayz, atleast not that Im aware of, and if I do, I just switch server start over again and ignore these kids, after all what gives them a thrill is that people getting angry go to forums and bitch about it. And what, why get so upset being killed in a video game by a script kiddie, you know you are better than them anyway because they have to cheat because they suck... Just move on, it's not the end of the world, and I think the 'hacker' problems are higly exaggerated..

Get a mosin or m4 and then go to the neaf on a near full server.  It won't take long before you get to see your first script kiddie. 

I always start out as bambie on high pop, I manage to survive pretty well without running into these script kiddies, you must be really unlucky.

You must have the patience of a saint if you aren't bothered by someone shooting you through a wall, persistently spraying you with an unlimited mag or someone knowing your exact location at all times.

Haven't expirenced these things....again maybe im lucky? Im not exactly known to be patient, go look at my zombie posts, lol

P.S - I just accidently spell corrected your quoted post.

Nitpicker:p lol, well excuse me for not being borned 'merican or british, offcourse my spelling can be bad sometimes, why don't you try to spell something in Norwegian..?

Get a mosin or m4 and then go to the neaf on a near full server.  It won't take long before you get to see your first script kiddie. 

I have, but only sneaking on the outskirts and observed people getting killed:p. If there was a script kiddie there wouldn't he find me with he's 'GPS'... And im not saying script kiddies isnt' an issue at all, but not more than any other game out there. No mattter how much anti hack protection we get, there will alwasy be someone who crack it, so the problem will alwasy follow us in online gaming, just the way it is, deal with it or stop playing video games...

Edited by Kaboki

I have, but only sneaking on the outskirts and observed people getting killed:p. If there was a script kiddie there wouldn't he find me with he's 'GPS'... And im not saying script kiddies isnt' an issue at all, but not more than any other game out there. No mattter how much anti hack protection we get, there will alwasy be someone who crack it, so the problem will alwasy follow us in online gaming, just the way it is, deal with it or stop playing video games...

I guess you're just lucky, or I'm unlucky :)  We've done the same thing and had script kiddies blip onto our location, shoot one of us, and then blip around until he kills the other one of us.  Also, I have to disagree when you say they aren't any more of an issue than other games.  I've played many online games, and I'm pretty sure I've run into more of these idiots in DayZ than all the other games combined.  Finally, I choose not to deal with it.  I've stopped playing DayZ at least for now because of this problem.  I've got plenty of better things to do than to let one of these kids get me mad.

I've been suspicious that cheaters have killed me before, but this time was too much.  Two of my friends and I logged into a BE enabled server.  We were in a house near the Berezino police station.  About 30 seconds after we logged in, one of my friend's gear started to disappear one by one until it was all gone.  This took about 6 seconds.  Then the same thing happened to my 2nd friend.  I then logged off hoping to avoid this, but my 2nd friend said that a few seconds after I logged off the cheater opened the door and killed all 3 of us.  We're all back in the middle of no where with no gear.  Later DayZ.

• Like 1

Encountered a cool hack today.  Me and two friends were near Kraz/the neaf at a fountain.  Then all our gear started disappearing off our characters till we were naked.

Pretty bogus.

Yesterday on experimental I was west of Krastnostav, near some small town in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly I hear music. A hacker flies above me, lands infront of me playing his shitty music, waves a couple times, gets bored and leaves by flying away. I could even check his pulse to get his name, it was Harvey, but unfortunatly you can just change your ingame name anytime, unrelated to steam....seriously...why did BI do that? Playername should equal Steamacc name.

And to the "Ive never seen one" crowd. Youve never seen one because you can't diagnose one. Know thy enemy, then you'll see what hacking is and what not.

Edited by Khanarac

Maybe you are lucky, maybe you're just not spending the largest amount of your time in areas like NEAF. I didn't intend to auto-correct your passage, btw.. I meant to do mine but carried on doing yours in a fit of 'must-spell-right-us'. But I'm actually a Welshman by first language, English is my second, Danish is my 3rd ;)

Why compare dayz hacks to some other game hacks?

Take cod, you got killed by someone using hacks, but you spawn again with all your gear on you. If you get killed to much just switch servers, so that k/d ratio wouldnt go down.

Dayz: You only got a couple hours to play each day. You were trying hard to get your pristine scoped mosin and all the gear ant other stuff that you need. You played cautious taking your time to check and double check every loot area, before you decide its safe to go in and get that extra box of 727. You all set to do some pvp. You know you are good at this game. Your aim is trained you know how to pvp to stay alive. Bam you get buttfcuked out of nowhere, because someone with esp/noclip/unlimitedammo/teleport just dont give a flying fcuk about your skills and that you spend 4-5 days gearing up. He just teabags you and teleports to aimbot someone else while you wainting on respawn timer..

Yeaa, why would you be mad huh? Just go get all that gear again, and start over, no big deal..

Edited by Nienko
  • Like 3