YeBittenDog

Less Military. More Apocalyptic. (Clothing)

Ghillie suits that require the user to find and add whatever colour foliage he wants to the base suit, would come in hooded jacket and then trousers

Yeah, getting kinda sick to watch everyone running around in full military equipment...

Ghillie suits that require the user to find and add whatever colour foliage he wants to the base suit, would come in hooded jacket and then trousers

just like this lovely lad has said. Ghillie suits would be awsome as it would let you camo into the grass and trees and could snipe bandits.

potential disadvantage is campers who could camp out with the suit and noone would spot them.

idea of a ghillie suit came to me from "Arma  2 dayz" 

You might want to vote for them in the clothing collection then (currently running a poll about coats).

just like this lovely lad has said. Ghillie suits would be awsome as it would let you camo into the grass and trees and could snipe bandits.

potential disadvantage is campers who could camp out with the suit and noone would spot them.

idea of a ghillie suit came to me from "Arma  2 dayz" 

Yeah, one of the main things that gave me the idea was the NAPA saboteur in ArmA2 who wears a half ghillie on his head and torso in a sort of brown grass colour.

OP you have my beans, but it looks like you'll need a wheelbarrow to carry the rest of em :D

Good thoughts.

I always thought this game is about the army who survived, till now. Please dayz live up this idea

I absolutely agree with OP. The world doesn't feel post-apocalyptic at all, it's more like everyone went for a vacation and forgot to lock their doors.

Around the time this game releases I would really love it if it were possible to dress your character like this: http://imgur.com/hQRX26J

In fact it would be really cool if most people would be wearing very ripped up /damaged or badly damaged/ civilian clothing or make-shift clothing like the example above and only the very very lucky ones would be wearing high-end military clothing.

What do you guys think, I think that the Dayz mod 2017 actually made DayZ look a lot better and a lot more post-apocalyptic than the conventional DayZ, just look at it!

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/11/ArmA2OA-2012-11-12-08-49-51-02.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2a7tzm0.png

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/11/ArmA2OA-2012-11-12-10-11-28-69.png

This is badly needed.

The longer the game gets in development the harder it is to differentiate it from arma.

Far too much military clothing and gear so far.

• Like 1

I absolutely agree with OP. The world doesn't feel post-apocalyptic at all, it's more like everyone went for a vacation and forgot to lock their doors.

Around the time this game releases I would really love it if it were possible to dress your character like this: http://imgur.com/hQRX26J

In fact it would be really cool if most people would be wearing very ripped up /damaged or badly damaged/ civilian clothing or make-shift clothing like the example above and only the very very lucky ones would be wearing high-end military clothing.

What do you guys think, I think that the Dayz mod 2017 actually made DayZ look a lot better and a lot more post-apocalyptic than the conventional DayZ, just look at it!

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/11/ArmA2OA-2012-11-12-08-49-51-02.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2a7tzm0.png

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/11/ArmA2OA-2012-11-12-10-11-28-69.png

All the artwork I've seen in this post would make DayZ an amazing game if I get the ability to dress my character like that!

Edited by Architbigbadwolf

Nope. Leave the military uniforms as they are. If someone wants to be uniformed, they can be uniformed.

I prefer the professional look myself, over the rag-tag apocalyptic look.

Maybe there could be some sort of crafting system in which you take damaged (less than pristine/worn) clothing, then combine them using a sewing kit and getting makeshift/apocalyptic stuff which would be worn durability+ (Taking in factors of which bits you can use, how durable the item is (say, a leather jacket would be quite durable whilst a raincoat would be less durable) and how damaged it is when you pick it up.)

Medical headgear like nonvented goggles. Combat medic painted ballistic helmet. Helicopter rescue helmet, or EMT helmet. Not nesesary to have all but some would be great.

post-221041-0-74417900-1415071248_thumb.

post-221041-0-39911600-1415071263_thumb.

post-221041-0-69072900-1415071280_thumb.

post-221041-0-68810300-1415071481_thumb.

Edited by koffeekage

Most true apocalyptic fans would agree. This game, you see the people with the "survivor" close and what not, then the "full out military-geared people" what there should be is, maybe you would find a gorka E military jacket with its right arm piece torn off, you could put it on, then find a long sleeve, light windbreaker and either cut it's arm piece off and put it on your arm where the jacket doesn't cover, or you could put on the long sleeve windbreaker and then put the gorka jacket ontop. They should have the ability to "tear off right arm" or "tear off left arm" or "tear off both arms" and make a tank top, type thing going on. But the players would be THAT much more unique if they could "combine their clothes"

The possibilities are endless...

Cheers Mate! Stay Warm and Don't Lose Your Beans! ;)  :lol:  :beans:  :thumbsup:

post-221019-0-19913000-1415072216_thumb.

Edited by therandomredstone

I've noticed that after a while, everyone who "gears up" ends up looking like uniformed military. Everyone ends up dressing nearly the same as they "upgrade" their equipment for more space.[..]]

We already have a nice verity of clothing in different conditions, with more coming and great suggestions here, but ultimately even if you stack up a full romantic apocalyptic wardrobe, how people end up looking is greatly depends on how people play. Because Min/Max-ers will always end up in military gear.. Edited by Mor

Because Min/Max-ers will always end up in military gear..

Good thing is that for proper Min/Max-ing you will need to survive for quite a while especially when military items are rare. Then the civilian/improvised gear will still be a transition for them but one they are stuck with for quite a while.

You should not just end up in military gear but rather actively work towards it. Everyone else should either end up in a civilian look or in an apocalyptic one (depending on playstyle).

The military make up such an incredibly small percentage of the population yet in dayz military clothing makes up the majority of the clothing

We pretty much already know that there will be non-military equivs. for most of the military gear.

ou yeah, Roy the trapper :3

trapper_bild_001.jpg

Talking about apocalyptic:

mad-max.jpg

vernonroadwarrior.jpg

Sorry for eventually derailing the thread a bit ;)

now thats max can't get into the new film models in the desert bullshit.

now thats max can't get into the new film models in the desert bullshit.

watch your tongue, dood.

idgjss67.jpg

;)

watch your tongue, dood.

idgjss67.jpg

;)

maybe you misunderstood me i love madmax and roadwarrior i hated beyond thunderdome it was cheesy i don't like the fact that in the new one you have these well kept models running around the desert when they would probably be starving and not have a pretty white smile that is what i don't like. the bandits and the vehicles look amazing and so do the emp type of stuff they drive through in the trailer. but those models with perfect smiles make me think its going to be a stinker probably a take this holy chick to the holy city while bandits try to kill thats been done over and over again in wasteland types of movies. sry for wall of text in advance