YeBittenDog

Less Military. More Apocalyptic. (Clothing)

Kneepads, elbow pads, and being able to tuck your pants into your boots should be an option as well. Think the whole tire/metal plate pauldrons would be a thing, as well as other random pieces of metal used a greaves and bracers too.

I would really like to start looking like this:

marauder-rough-03_001-620x347.jpg

change visual effect of 'worn' status items to being heavily patched up and repaired, similar to the trousers of the character in the above concept-drawing.

allow for repair of clothing, etc using various basic resources and kits up to 'worn' to prevent waste spawn items (badly damaged and thus useless)

change visual effect of 'worn' status items to being heavily patched up and repaired, similar to the trousers of the character in the above concept-drawing.

allow for repair of clothing, etc using various basic resources and kits up to 'worn' to prevent waste spawn items (badly damaged and thus useless)

I think it would be best to have to repair the item with rags. Since they are already in the game, you could easily use them as patches for damaged gear to bring them back up to worn.

• Like 4

Most apocalyptic style clothing should be done by player crafting.  Give those ruined tires, burlap sacks, and duct tape some use.

Sewing kit confirmed. ;)

Edited by Gorvi

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with military kit and it should be in the game, though perhaps at a lower spawn rate then it currently enjoys. But I am all for clothing modification and variety in general. They aren't going to introduce a skill system (as far as I'm aware), so customization is a great way of adding a new element to the game that won't otherwise detract from it's core gameplay.

Yeayeah, military is OK, looks good and has its place.

But there is far far more civilian-apocalyptic clothes, than military ones. ;)

So adding more civilian, self-made, apocalyptic clothes are definitively one big thing to do.

Nice I knew they were making a MadMax game didn't know they were doing a new movies. Maybe they could have mel play some really crazy hermit.

mel is doing a cameo :D

1200x810_1298_It_s_Snowing_2d_illustrati

2048x1536_4898_Pointman_2d_character_gam

992x1185_4815_Junk_Gang_2d_character_dog

There are too many pretty military dudes.

Bring on the rag tag.

• Like 1

Matching shirts for all hunter pants would be great.

Matching shirts for all hunter pants would be great.

or jackets ;)

Edited by irishroy

Agree.

In another way I would say we could find any kind of outfits (civilian or military) but in order to feel this post-apocalypse atmosphere, all of them should be in a bad condition (damaged and badly damaged), rarely in worn condition and super rarely in pristine condition. The sewer kit should allow you only to buff your outfit of 1 level (badly damaged to damaged, damaged to worn) as usually we are sewing in the middle of nowhere with no real sewing equipment, as the proverb said : "you can't make right work if you miss the right tools".

Everybody wearing some kinds of rags would make it more looking like apocalyptic thought...

In fact, I think every items should be found in bad condition and find anything pristine a super rare and enjoyable moment.

I guess (and hope) it's what the dev's plan to do.

One simple thing already - If rainfall starts to have an effect in the game, it would be good to be able to put the yellow plastic raincoat OVER everything else, instead of having to change into it (for instance when you are wearing something with more pockets than the raincoat). Maybe this could work with other cover-all items too.

I dont understand why there is not a BLANKET in the game already, it is a REALLY common item you should find anywhere, and you can do SEVERAL things with it - from make rags through to wearing it as a skirt, or over your shoulders, as a plaid, as a poncho, (for Irishroy), or over your head, or making an improvised backpack. And in the future - why not wrap stuff in it to bury as a stash, make an improvised tent, recover from illnesses more quickly, stay warm (if cold/exposure becomes a factor), even sleep better. Its a BLANKET.. how can there not be any?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I dont understand why there is not a BLANKET in the game already, it is a REALLY common item you should find anywhere, and you can do SEVERAL things with it - from make rags through to wearing it as a skirt, or over your shoulders, as a plaid, as a poncho, (for Irishroy), or over your head, or making an improvised backpack. And in the future - why not wrap stuff in it to bury as a stash, make an improvised tent, recover from illnesses more quickly, stay warm (if cold/exposure becomes a factor), even sleep better. Its a BLANKET.. how can there not be any?

1uwwjxv2u627.gif

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Like this post.

Also a long coat would be awesome...

Like this post.

Also a long coat would be awesome...

like this?

Dean said, that long coats would clip with the legs.

But once the engine works better, they will add coats.^^

• Like 1

like this?

Dean said, that long coats would clip with the legs.

But once the engine works better, they will add coats.^^

Yea, right like that or other films like Matrix, Blade etc...

I would definetly like to see much more civillian clothings which fit the setting and i would like to see some rare civillian clothings to search for in order to have an "end game" for those who dont want to look military. Maybe they could be found in the camps in the woods dean was talking about or in another spot to gravitate end game survivors.

Also i would like to see the fist knockout go to allow people to wear anything else than motorcycle helmets and military / un helmets to avoid beiing owned by a freshspawn. As much as i like to run around in civillian clothes with a radar cap i always have a helmet with me to swap it out.

And i really liked the look of arma II dayz 2017, would like to see more of this and less yoloswag stuff added like payday masks or childrens backpacks...

agree with OP- and also while were on the subject perhaps some of the civillian clothing could do with a Buff in storage area? many of the more easily obtained clothing is relegated to becoming rags or being discarded due to its woefully inadequate storage.