YeBittenDog

Less Military. More Apocalyptic. (Clothing)

one thing I noticed is that all of the clothes we find so far are man clothing. I think the ladies should get something too, not just a girly version of the same stuff.

Not sure how long has been since the outbreak of zombies, but we already find some "normal" clothes around, why not a skirt? or a dress?

Plus you could ridicule people by forcing them to wear a skirt and bra? Or having to wear girl clothing because you have found nothing better.

Yes. Completely agree.

I think the first pic the OP posted is really cool. I would love that kind of look with the long waist coat; all dirty and creepy looking. Definitely hope they add a lot more customization and lower the military gear rates even more. :) All in good time.

Also, I would really think they need to add more layers to clothing. 

We should have shirts, sweaters, and jacket, and then the chest rig on top. I assume this is where they are going but i am not sure, because the model for the TTsKO jacket has a tshirt under it and I think that's a bad choice. They should allow you to wear shirts and sweaters under your jacket, because people would do that to stay warm.

It would be cool if we could have our hood up on our "hoodie" too :3 plz devs :>

Edited by xTITANx
  • Like 2

Guy... ur exaggarating it so much. Mad Max full leather and the weather ? HOT AS FUCK. HE WOULD DIE IN HIS OUTFIT. Everybody should wear casual clothes just a bit worn and dirty and thats it.

• Like 1

Would be cool if you needed sheathes/scabbards for blades, slings for axes, holsters for pistols and rifle slings/straps to stow weapons. I would love to be able to sew a machete sheathe onto my pack for example. That would add value to your gear and contribute to that personalised post-apocalyptic look. Bats and katana scabbards could be stashed between the characters back and pack, and a pistol could be stowed in your belt I guess.

• Like 2

one thing I noticed is that all of the clothes we find so far are man clothing. I think the ladies should get something too, not just a girly version of the same stuff.

Not sure how long has been since the outbreak of zombies, but we already find some "normal" clothes around, why not a skirt? or a dress?

Survival fitting clothes please. Skirts are useless in Dayz.

They'll have benefits eventually, afaik.

Also, you'd find skirts there, realistically. Not that they should be any priority, but there'll be more general clothing eventually.

Okay, but there are other kinds of clothes which would have real benefits. Like leggins which would be good baselayers for man and woman alike. Or handbags because there will be less backpacks in the future. light content such as longsleeve shirts, sweaters or vests which obviously were designed for women, or female coats of different kind. I couldn't think of any reason to wear a skirt, since you always have your underwear and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

And finally I don't think it fits the whole postapocalyptic idea to wear skirts or dresses. The skirt zombies look in fact like waiting for clients but they had not much of a choice, so I forgive them. If I had the choice between different useless items I'd prefer to find hand creme and have the "Ooooh, it's lavender" message, to be assured I smell fine, lol. (not serious)

Edited by jayleann

Love the mad max  especially roy the trapper, there are so many insanely talented artists that can be found simply by searching apocalyptic clothing " 

"and they thought the payday masks looked cool smh.."

tumblr_m777ii7aQB1rppakdo2_500.jpgtumblr_m777ii7aQB1rppakdo1_500.jpg

Edited by dashx73

Some really cool stuff. Making sure DayZ has its own style is the key. Things should look cohesive and yet still "mish-mashed." 

Edited by YeBittenDog

bump.

More leather (fairly "easy" to obtain and good to work with. Also durable as fuck), metal and tires as "armor".

Edited by irishroy

My suggestion was making all clothing with the same exact number of slots. all pants x-slots all shirts x-slots all jackets x-slots.. all depending on the quality of the clothing would be the number of slots. for example pristine shorts 6 slots, pristine jeans 6 slots, pristine military pants 6 slots... damaged shorts 3 slots damaged jeans 3 or 4 slots etc that way youll see ppl with random clothing all depending on pristine. otherwise everyone will be looking for same clothing and everyone will look alike.

What happens as your clothing wears over time? Would items just fall out of your inventory? lol.

Edited by YeBittenDog

Would be awesome if you could eventually look like someone out from S.T.A.L.K.E.R, i mean, people who played the game, i'm not talking about the exoskeletons or anything like that, just the normal Bandit or Stalker guys you find walking around randomly in-game. Who wouldn't love to look like this in the zombie apocalypse:

stalker_clear_sky__4-normal.jpg

(sorry if the picture was too big for your pretty eyes.)

PS: Waiting for that update that adds the option to put a hood over my head, Rocket!

• Like 2

Some crazy outfits in Borderlands that would suit some of the whackjobs on DayZ perfectly ;)

I agree re:Stalker - perfect vibe for DayZ although it should have it's own feel overall. As much as I love Stalker I don't want DayZ to end up a clone...

Edited by Roshi

I've noticed that after a while, everyone who "gears up" ends up looking like uniformed military. Everyone ends up dressing nearly the same as they "upgrade" their equipment for more space. My simple suggestion would be that, players be able to customize and perhaps combine gear to look like they are more of a part of the dirty, torn, apocalyptic aesthetic set by Day Z. A game so close to Arma really needs to stand apart visually. We don't want the game to just become another military game. Adding textures to military (as well as ALL other) clothing to make them look rough, patchy, dirty, and sewn together with other clothes would be a great way to add that Day Z flavor in the way the players look. Being able to layer clothing? Scarves and Hoods? Or perhaps a way to wear traditional military styled clothing in a different way. Open shirt or sleeves rolled up. Torn off? There are a lot of possibilities to add a new flavor to the game. Slight blood stains, tears, unraveling seams. A tarnished zombie apocalypse garb. Just something to think about. I'm loving the game, huge supporter, and looking forward to its future. Keep up the amazing work devs!

* attached some examples

attachicon.gif782eaf0e241ea5319b6dae776eed3407.jpg

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

attachicon.gif91d66381331b32092b80a7eb16d1a3d5.jpg

How did I miss this, will bean soon (gave away my quota for this 24 hrs already).  Everythought posted, I concur.

• Like 1

I've noticed that after a while, everyone who "gears up" ends up looking like uniformed military. Everyone ends up dressing nearly the same as they "upgrade" their equipment for more space. My simple suggestion would be that, players be able to customize and perhaps combine gear to look like they are more of a part of the dirty, torn, apocalyptic aesthetic set by Day Z. A game so close to Arma really needs to stand apart visually. We don't want the game to just become another military game. Adding textures to military (as well as ALL other) clothing to make them look rough, patchy, dirty, and sewn together with other clothes would be a great way to add that Day Z flavor in the way the players look. Being able to layer clothing? Scarves and Hoods? Or perhaps a way to wear traditional military styled clothing in a different way. Open shirt or sleeves rolled up. Torn off? There are a lot of possibilities to add a new flavor to the game. Slight blood stains, tears, unraveling seams. A tarnished zombie apocalypse garb. Just something to think about. I'm loving the game, huge supporter, and looking forward to its future. Keep up the amazing work devs!

* attached some examples

attachicon.gif782eaf0e241ea5319b6dae776eed3407.jpg

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

attachicon.gif91d66381331b32092b80a7eb16d1a3d5.jpg

some good ideas , i'm sure there working on lots of different types of clothing , would be cool if they had also a type of level clothing in for veteran players , hero's and bandit  a like,  so you can start to identify players a bit more to either approach players or not 

Very cool. I'm sure Hoods will be implemented. What's that first screen from?

AHH I SEE SOMEONE ALREADY MADE THE ROAD WARRIOR S&M GEAR REFERENCE . . . NEVERMIND...

Edited by Doomslinger
  • Like 1

Very cool. I'm sure Hoods will be implemented. What's that first screen from?

i dont know. but the artist name is Uijoo moon.

looks like he have work for mass effect too..