skoms

The very first kill. Do you remember yours?

In my, more or less, 100 hours of playing, I can proudly declare, that I have not killed any player yet :) And I try to keep it that way.
But I guess I have killed about 70/80 zombies (there should be a counter) - You will likely find me in Electro, Cherno or the tall buildings to the close north, on some rooftop sniping zombies that follow fresh-spawns (or just stand there)

Edited by Randy_Pie

Not a kill but my first attempt to kill.

I was traveling to elektro with my little bro. I was packed with an m4 and ammo and he had a mosin. Somewhere near the mountains between cherno and elektro we lost eachother. A few minutes later i heard shots of a mosin and saw a guy zigzagging past me. I orderd him to stop, he didnt and kept zigzagging. I started shooting and he logged.

The mosin shots came from my brothers mosin because he had mistaken that guy for a zombie.

Not my first kill but my first attempt and experience with a combat logger.

I remember mine clear as day, scarred my brain it has, 'twas a warm afternoon in Electro.....the birds chirped......the mosquitoes buzzed.....and the fences rattled!

then low and behold! a survivor!

"I say! you sir! over yonder...come hither!"

he didn't come hither.....

My first ever kill (note the noobish panic and over Axeing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dODVfzSnh0#t=989

tumblr_inline_mzloj7c7IF1s8mffr.png

an yeah I didn't actually speak like a 17th century road agent...

• Like 1

I was raiding a pub, picking up a first aid kit, when a man walked through the closed door.  IN a panic I emptied a 30 round mag into him.  He chuckled and said "whoops."

It was total panic and he might have been friendly, but you react in DayZ.

No, my first kill wasn't a newspawn vs. full milgear.  My first kill in the SA was some idiot trying to run up and punch me while calling me a "N*****" (I'm not even black but uh...okay) and me killing his ass with a baseball bat, which I would hardly describe as a memorable experience.  That's actually a pretty common occurrence on a full server in my experience.

So, you do remember:)) Not that glamorous but still it still stick to your brain:)

im crying right now.....

laughing so hard im crying.

anyone else find this statement funny?

Yep, I get it, hehehe

Meh first kills are usaully very clumsy and awkward, I think it's good I don't remember.

• Like 2

Mine was fairly glamorous. Met up with two people (Graphite and Morgbot) who were part of Katabasis's streaming crew (first time meeting). Graphite was just shot and killed at The Rifty shipwreck and Morgbot got away. There were two enemies there and one of them at least got hit once. So I decided to help these fair nature fellow exact revenge and get their gear back. I have Graphite my .45 as I still had a M4 and rarely use it.

Graphite then strips down to just his wool hate in preparation for battle :)  Morgbot and I flank around from Berezino and approach the hill from the North.  We crawl from tree to tree (1pp only server) while Graphite charges in to create a diversion and because he had his warrior underwear on.  He is killed immediately obviously. I heard generally where the shot was fired so after 5 minutes or so of crawling from tree to tree I finally spot the perpetrator. A quick burst and he was done.  Very satisfying since it took patience, stealth, and was in retribution for a killing. Also made some good player buddies that I continue to play with after that. It's fun saving the day.

Side note Morgbot got to kill a logger from that same crew also, so props goes to him as well.

• Like 1

Accidentaly shot a friendly with FNX whom I had met 5 minutes earlier.

Felt sorry for him and managed to say "sorry" in direct before he respawned.

Finding my first m4 in the SA in his corpse made me feel little better thou.

So, you do remember:)) Not that glamorous but still it still stick to your brain:)

It sticks in my brain because that happens anytime I'm on a full server.

It sticks in my brain because that happens anytime I'm on a full server.

The important thing is that its sticks:) So i'm glad you get so much help to remember..:P

Hell yeah I remember it.

My friends had just picked up Arma II after I wouldn't stop raving about the mod. We all grouped up and I still didn't know exactly where we were, and I didn't know much of the map at that point. We had thought we were going north, but it turns out we were back near the coast somewhere. 

We suddenly see this random guy on the road. We were total tactical noobs so we didn't really know who was who at this point. After a bit of discussion and wiggling we figured out it wasn't one of us. So we pop out onto the road and do the old school "friendly" thing. He didn't exactly respond. We kept saying "You friendly man?" as he just stared at us. A few moments later, he thought it'd be a great idea to open fire on one of us. After the man he shot went down, a fucking hail of gunfire rained down upon his body, and he was dead. 

It was such a fine moment, the sudden realization that he was actually dumb enough to shoot one of us, and then just emptying everything we had on him. 

It was a good day.

You know, apart from the one of us that died. Wasn't too fun for him.

I wandered into Cherno, nighttime, scavenging around and barely knowing how to play.  I had found a fireman's axe earlier, and a Mosin, but no ammo for it.  After a few minutes a guy approaches and points a pistol at me. 

Over voice he says something like, "This is a robbery, drop all of your stuff."

I turned and ran, and he starts chasing me.  He says over voice, "Dude stop running I can shoot you whenever I want."  I keep running, eventually he says, "Dude just drop your backpack and I'll let you live."  I keep running, probably for a good two minutes before stopping.

I turn around, and he's right there, having followed me the whole way.  I pull out my axe, and with one chop, he goes down.  Over voice I hear the most satisfying sound, this *GROAN* of despair and disappointment.  His body is at my feet, so I loot it...only to find he never had a magazine or any ammo for his gun.

• Like 2

Headed up to Green Mountain to see what I could find.

Came across a fully geared guy looting something at the top of the stairs in the prison building. Without hesitating I blasted him into oblivion. I felt really bad for a long time afterwards, but I felt that there was a 80% chance I'd get killed if he turned around and saw me. 

I had spawned around Komarovo. I looted one of the buildings and had found a canteen. Making my way east and just getting to the out skirts of the area, I had taken a swig from the canteen. While doing so, I start taking damage from behind. Both of us were fresh spawns. With the canteen in my hands, I cant fight. So I go crouch in hopes that he misses long enough for my to unequip the canteen. I ended up dropping it.

I then get back up. We both go at it fisticuffs. I ended up landing one on his head, then he falls to the ground. At that point, I'm just wailing on him nonstop. As soon as he got back up, I landed another on the head and he falls again... Let's just say that he wasn't able to get back up.

I took his shirt, made rags, and patched myself up.

First kill and so far, only kill.

Just got done raiding the North East Airfeild and was heading into the nearest town to check out the supermarket... got to the sheds right down the road from NEAF and heard foot steps behind me, so I turn around to a guy in a red hoodie about to pull a pistol out of his pocket, luckily I had my revolver out already so I quickly aimed and shot him in the chest killing him instantly... 2 of his buddies proceeded to fire at me as I fled to one of those blue van looking things out in a feild, I tried flanking them as they had stayed near the sheds... but one of them got the shot on me and I died shortly after...

my second kill was a KoS and Im not proud of it... shot him in the head as he was raiding another body in the elektro church... he had a mosin and it was too risky to begin with wandering around elektro so I just fired on him.. he didnt even know I was there...

I still haven't killed anyone yet and I have only been killed 3 times from a player since the first day of the alpha.

It was a dry dark night, as my friend and I were travelling from kambi to electro. We were sharing stories of women and mead when we suddenly heard zombies attacking someone in the near distance.  We get closer, unsure as to what we will see. Closer.. closer and I spot a zombie attacking a fresh spawn, and the man with all his heart and soul boxing the zombie, trying to survive. I tell my friend to hang back as I pull out my m4 equipped with an ACOG scope. I aim at the head of the player, line up my sights, and THEN BOOOM i quickly switch to the zombie and 1 shot the zombie in the face. We approach the player whom which we had just saved. I immediatly begin to bandage the wounded man, feed him some drink and food. My partner and I, feeling good about saving the man , say a few nice things before we decide to depart.  As we start to leave, the man takes his flashlight out, and begins to follow us, shining his light on us. We did not want to be spotted on the way to electro, so we asked the man to please stop, turn his light off and go back the other way... He does not. He continues to follow us around shining the flashlight on us, despite multiple warnings.  I gave the man 3 "one last warnings" , felt my blood begin to boil, and my senses heightened. I feel the cold black steel of the gun against my face as I line up the sights. One last warning issued.. ignored. I grip the gun tightly, fire 4-5 shots from the mans torso up towards his neck and face area. This man.. that we had saved.. and tried to help, has now been executed, and put to sleep due to his own irresponsible actions.

I approached his body, ready to bury the man.. Noticed he had my favorite brand of Canned beans. Ate it, threw the can on his body, and left for electro..

Moral of the story, a dumbass fresh spawn is sometimes worth a tin of food :D

Edited by beedubbs
  • Like 2

I was looking around the Balota Airstrip and was just about to leave the northernmost military jail when I saw someone pass the door with a Scoped Mosin. I had just picked up an M4 and a 20 round mag so I carefully went to the door and peeked out. He was climbing up into the nearest guard tower and started looking around down his scope. I figured "This guy is clearly bad news." It was so obvious that he was looking for someone to snipe, So I shot him 15 times in the back and took his Mosin and his 60+ 7.62 ammo.

• Like 1

My very first kill? Earlier this evening, which is quite some achievement, if you can call it that, given that I had 45hrs of game time across 2-3 weeks. Most encounters with other people ended with me getting shot full of holes in short order before I had chance to shoot back, usually because I'm not a KoS player and coming across one head-to-head often doesn't run in favour of this play style. Anyway, to the kill...

I had left my last session last night in a two storey house in Krasnostav having been through the NEAF and collected an M4. Prior to that I had been to the shipwreck at Rify and had headed NW from there trying to find the airfield. Not knowing exactly where the shipwreck was at the time, I completely missed the airfield and ended up walking off the North edge of the map (nothing there but rolling green hills - most odd).

Anyway, I rejoined and spent a few minutes in the house observing what I could see of the town to determine if anyone was about. I couldn't see anyone so I made my way back to the airfield to see if anything worthwhile was there. After checking the first prison building, I made my way up to the control tower, keeping a good eye on my surroundings as I went. Whilst in the control tower swapping a worn TU 'scope with a pristine one, someone took a shot at me. They missed, but it smashed a window. I immediately hit the deck and moved to the staircase, going downstairs as I went. I pied the corners, dashed downstairs and decided to wait under the staircase for my attacker, figuring that they may have thought they killed me as I dropped straight to the floor.

I waited for a few minutes, then heard a voice nearby. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I assumed they were talking to me and remained silent so as to not reveal that I was still alive, just in case they thought I was dead. I was still under the stairs at this point, leaning out and aiming with the M4, ready to fire at anyone that entered. Given the hostile actions towards me, anyone was fair game. Then someone ran across the doorway, left to right. I waited, not wanting to reveal my position with only a slim chance of scoring a kill on a target moving across a small opening. My heart, at this point, was pounding. They moved back across the doorway, further back this time, so I still refrained from shooting, but decided that I should move and take them out, figuring they did not know I was there. As I moved out, they ran across the doorway again (left to right) and I fired, hitting them at least once, if not twice. I waited for a moment and could hear them moving around outside a little and then they groaned. I'd clearly hurt them quite badly. I peered through the window but could not see them, so pied the doorway without going outside. Nothing.

Then I made a risky choice, but one that seemed less risky than the obvious, which would have been to run out of the door and pursue them. I ran back upstairs into the control tower and went outside onto the balcony. I figured they would be expecting me out of the doorway and could attack from above, out of sight. It was a risk as they could have had sniper cover, but I deemed it a risk I was willing to take. Another groan came from the South side from the building, and then things went quiet. I quickly climbed down the ladder on the North side and made my way around the rear (Westside, y0!) of the building. I went prone and slid out from the corner, slowly. There was a body on the floor and they were not moving. I put a single shot into their head to be sure they stayed that way.

I wasn't sure if they were alone, so I circled the tower once to be sure before checking their kit. They had a Mosin, complete with bipod, a long range scope, an FNX45 with two spare mags, three canteens, several cans of (opened?) tuna and an ammo box absolute rammed full of ammunition. I swapped my M4 for the Mosin, took the pistol and mags, the ammo box, the canteens and as much useful kit (mostly food) as I could fit, then left the area to the East.

My first kill was carried out without taking a single hit and I'm pretty sure I killed a server-hopping bandit.

I'm just lucky their first shot at me missed.

• Like 2

The first kill I got was the first night of alpha. I can't remember what weapon it was. I know it was fists, axe or a shovel. Anyway, a guy said he just spawned in and it was his first time playing. I didn't say a word and just beat the piss out of him.

Welcome to DayZ!

• Like 1

Don't remember my first mod kill or my first DayZ kill. Heh. :) I remember plenty of them in between my first and my most recent kills though.

Edited by Sab

I only have ~3 kills in my total time playin DayZ (mod and standalone) even after playing the Mod for a few months.

The first 2 were simply new-spawn fist fight deathmatches which somehow I won even if I didn't instigate it.

Third kill was when my friend and I were attacked by someone likely hunting new-spawns on the coast.

So we're looting a factory in Kamarovo (this was prior to the spawn change) and we start hearing gunshots, we figure it was one of us hitting the floor by accident and continue.

We walk outside and I get shot by a mosin, I survive with barely any health, and we both run back inside, I bandage myself and we try figuring out where this guy is.

We creep around a wall and he's just around the corner, sorting thru his inventory most likely chambering another round.

So my friend just sprint at him with his axe raised and lands a hit or 2 on him, I circle around them and attack from the other side (so I don't hit my friend).

We knock him to the ground twice, he's bleeding and likely 2 seconds away from death.

He stands up after being knocked down the second time and combat logs.

It wasn't confirmed as a kill since he logged out but I'm considering it my first REAL kill, because it's not just punching an overly aggressive new-spawn to death.

Edited by FlyingPurpleHippo