rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

*looks up from her pink mosin* Say what now about painting?

Really excited that Hacksaws and spray paint is in game now :D

Does that mean we can tag buildings now?

If i see someone running around with a pink mosin, destroying the atmosphere and intensity of my gameplay, i'll kill him/her on sight.

I hope there wont be such hello kitty stuff in DayZ, where players run around like little girls. At least not on the official servers.

But i love the idea of painting/camouflage guns. Would be nice if you could also camouflage your mosin like the good old SVD Camo back in ArmA 2:

SVD_CAMO.png

• Like 6

Please add ability to open cans of food with sawed-off shotgun, I'm thinking 1-7% content of food remaining.

1-7% of fingers remaining too.

Saline doesn't refill full blood? For fuck sake! Pretty soon there is going to be 0 ways to heal in this game without stealing everyone else's blood or waiting 76 hours for your character to be full from eating and drinking -_- 

Eat a bag of rice and a can of tuna. Drink until full. Works for me every time. Also, watch Merino's videos on the health system and actually learn how it works.

Edited by Zer0HD2

jeesus.... Start with some real work dean... and stop fucking stealing people's money! and wakeboarding and eating ice cream... why dont throw out a real patch once in a while?!

• Like 1

What kind of savage would paint their Mosin Nagant??

the same type who would buy an archangel stock and stuff it in there... haha

savages indeed

nice work rocket, some key things there.

HOWEVER

I think your missing server hop timer and logout timer...this is #1 topic in forums. please address to instantly fix Combat loggers and server hopping. Even just one of the 2 will make us happy

jeesus.... Start with some real work dean... and stop fucking stealing people's money! and wakeboarding and eating ice cream... why dont throw out a real patch once in a while?!

• Like 9

How do I join the server branches?!? i cant seem to find this fkn steam application settings, dont use steam that often, i have already googled it

Steam Library (a.k.a games list) -> Right-click DayZ -> Properties -> BETAS -> Select "experimental - Preview testing version"

No code required.

How do I join the server branches?!? i cant seem to find this fkn steam application settings, dont use steam that often, i have already googled it

In your Steam library right-click DayZ, select properties and then you should find it here...

lwdBd9f.png

Edited by Mos1ey

•  

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

That's bit meh - I understand that you don't want players looting their own corpses AND that this means less things for the server to load but finding a bunch of corpses was one of the majorly fun thing about DayZ overall, at least give them an hour or 2 before de-spawning. How difficult is it to add a "Can't loot your own corpse" thing?.

Like Rocket said, it's a "temporary solution pending further performance fixes".

[–]rocket2guns 6 points

3 hours ago

1 million people buying it doesn't suddenly change everything. It's been just four weeks since release, over which the biggest holiday of the year has occurred. We strongly resisted the urge to make any big changes during this period because we didn't have guarantee that staff would be available to fix very serious problems.

Our plan was for the first month was to do safe fixes and then conduct a proper review in late January. This is where we will take stock of the success. Already the studio has been increasing hiring initiatives but that also takes time as well.

[–]rocket2guns 6 points

3 hours ago

The reason that all the things you want are not in, is because the release happened only four weeks ago. This period was during the major holiday of the year, on the back of a period of six months crunch. We strongly resisted the desire to make big changes during this period, as we didn't have the staffing levels to fix serious problems.

The "someone with production or project management experience" people you mention make these conclusions; i.e. that four weeks during a holiday period is not a good time to make sweeping, complex, dangerous changes to a build. This build represents some cautious work from those working over the period. The more serious work has been postponed from this release, to be part of the major review occurring late January.

[–]rocket2guns 6 points

3 hours ago

I think you're confusing what is there with the sole content that has been worked on.

The only things allows in to the build by production are those with minimal risk as we have been on skeleton manning. Our plan was always to work very hard to the release point, and then going into a period of cautious maintenance work, rest key staff, and observe the functionality of the build.

It can be very tempting to rush in and make changes. But this is what caused the whole problems in the project initially. We needed to wait and see, what the key areas are. While you do identify them, you note the absence of fixes being related to the lack of project oversight. That's not the case, the only fixes we have in this build are low risk ones.

server stability

Will be a constant evolution. This update includes changes to the player corpse mechanics which has been a source of performance issues for us. Previous emergency patches addressed a serious problem with weather synchronization causing huge problems and mass desync. Additional fixes have been deemed too risky and are currently branched pending analysis and discussion.

performance optimizations

As above (client optimization is to be conducted AFTER server optimization, and is very commonly not part of early alpha development).

control responsiveness

Risky, requires substantial review and analysis before implementation. It is heavily tied with the existing simulation system - it's not a "turn off and replace" system - it actually requires serious changes that could introduce a multitude of problems. A solution has been proposed and a design analysis done of this, a technical review is underway once key personnel have all returned.

loot spawning

Loot spawning changes have been included, but only those that do not substantially change the system as we are in skeleton manning.

collision detection, zombies, or even the stuff rocket said was the "top priority" (server hopping and combat logging).

Just because something is top priority, does not mean that it will appear in the current patch. This is not an emergency hotfix. This is a serious of low risk fixes that occurred during a period of low-manning. The very thing you say is lacking, is exactly the thing that is holding us back from rushing our priority fixes. There is grave danger is such a situation of making things worse.

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vg7bu/brian_hicks_working_on_finalizing_work_on_the/

• Like 3

In your Steam library right-click DayZ, select properties and then you should find it here...

lwdBd9f.png

yes, ive tried that, but i can still join any other server and i cant find the beta branched servers?

yes, ive tried that, but i can still join any other server and i cant find the beta branched servers?

The new experimental patch isn't released yet, we have to wait till monday.

Search for Experimental in the server browser once the patch is released, you may have to increase your ping limit to find them as they are hosted in germany.

Edit: to find the experimental servers go to Remote in the server browser and search this ip

Edited by Fluxley

BeQvJZeCEAMOep1.jpg

A teaser from Chris Torchia's twitter, a painted mosin.

This is exactly what i was thinking about! Awesome! :)

Edited by DoKi

nah. they should've easily completed the game from early alpha to complete game within a month with all that money. money makes people godlike.

these people who complain about "slow development" (seriously, it's only been ONE MONTH since the first Steam release) don't have a slightest idea about game development. sometimes when i read posts here i would like to punch my screen.

i'm no expert in game development or coding myself, but i think this is how it mostly goes;

- having an idea of a feature you want include in the game and implementing a basic version of it - ~10% of time used

- making it work exactly as you planned (extensive testing and experimenting) ~90% of time used

Edited by komadose
  • Like 1

Someone deserves a mountain of Beans. :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  Mountain for rocket. :D

nice! was trying out the experimental servers before and they hadent come further then the other. and by the way u typed Added Hacksaw into loot spawns twice ;)

Third time that this has been pointed out.

I'll say it again for you slowly.

wve9f8.jpg

• Like 2

NEW PLACES, NEW FIXES, ew hives, but at least they won't be part of the official servers! :D

obvious server hopper is obvious

• Like 1