rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Nice patch, a lot of work has been done in this two weeks, but i was hoping that combat logging would be fixed as Rocket said in Twitter it was their priority:

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns 14 de ene.

@ShannonZKiller @Polygon fix combat logging and some other big bugs next goal :P

And I also read I don't know where that they were pointing at mid january to do it so I really hoped it would come in this patch :(

Half disappointed, half excited about the new stuff.

Edited by Pinx0

Could we please get some kind of official confirmation that the devs are aware of the desync issue and are working on a fix? This has made the game unplayable for the last week+

You still got that?

I had it to, but i magically disappear to me a few days ago. I thought they fixed it..:( 

10min for dead bodies to despawn feels a bit short. 30min would have felt a bit more reasonable.

Part of the fun is finding a recent battle/massacare, with several bodies all over the place. Which act as a bit of a warning to others to stay away.

no fix for combat logging and server jumping, but now we can pick berries and paint guns. great!

And we got a new town, And shot guns, and much more. 

I think a log out timer (i guess that is what you want?) cannot be introduced before we get tents or the possibility to set up bases. This because people who are done for the day are unfairly exposed when they log out otherwise. Thats also a big problem. So, for me its ok that this delay for now..

10min for dead bodies to despawn feels a bit short. 30min would have felt a bit more reasonable.

Part of the fun is finding a recent battle/massacare, with several bodies all over the place. Which act as a bit of a warning to others to stay away.

But now its gonna be even more fun. Because you know its less then 10 minutes since the shit went down, and that means the killer is close by...

But yeah, you will come a cross less bodies, but the fact that people can't run back to their bodys and instantly gear up makes it more then ok

thanks for the reply!

i don't mind losing my gear, i should have stressed the second aspect:

stumbling upon a murder scene when scavenging is very exciting for me. is the killer still around? what happened here? ect.

wouldn't a 10 min clean period raise that concern? if you stumble across a body, especially in a town, then you can almost surely bet your ass that the killer is still lurking around. 

nice update,

but one thing really bothers me:

this makes it almost impossible to retrieve your gear after dying far away from the cost.

also, findig corpses is one of the most important aspects of exploring imho  :(

This. Finding a body that died from hunger, sickness, bled out unconscious from a zed attack etc..is very rewarding because those bodies have loot that was recently gathered and wont that respawn for a long time. When the body disappears after 10 minutes so does the loot it held.

I once died fully geared out in the NWAF because it was fresh after a server restart and I drew the attention of every zed as I looted the place. I didn't make it out alive and it took me 2 hour to get back to that spot from the coast by which time the body was long gone. Since I had previously looted the NWAF of everything decent, anyone coming in after me would have found the place already ransacked and left empty handed. Unless they were lucky enough to find my dead body and my backpack full of military grade loot.

If I'm unable to get back to my corpse, some other survivor should have the opportunity to loot my dead body for at least until all the good loot I took respawns.  

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Love the new update... AND ITS ON MY B-DAY!!! :rolleyes:

But one request for next one, please fix the problem with when you try to go on ladders your charactor steps over it as if he was jumping a fence and falls to his death this has happened 3 time to me now and at least twice to my friend.

P.S im stocking up on shotgun ammo.

Niiice! Keep up the good work Rocket and buy the team some beers :D

I like that we will be getting a shotgun and the new areas!

I can already see the youtube videos of people shooting others while they pick and eat berries lol.

Funny thing is a few days ago I went down south in dayz to meet my cousin we start to head back up north and he says "Can we pick berries now? I swear there is more bushes now with what looks like berries"

I said "Well in Altis Life on arma3 we can and it sure looks like these bushes have berries, who knows maybe rocket will add it soon" sure enough here come dem berries lol.

Edited by kozzy

Steam reviews shall now consist of "I died from eating a berry 11/10". Seriously though, awesome update.

Tried a server for about 10-20minutes.

Saw loads of dead bodies

Found.. nothing but loads of opened doors

Left and decideed to make food.

That's the experimental server for our current live build.

Cool thing is it seems to have been running non stop since it was put up.

No body cleanup, no loot respawn.

I did just find a pile of about 12 rotten fruit next to an ammo box and I have a partially filled med kit as well as a raincoat and hunter pants after hitting msta, dolina and Polana.

Thinking I might actually find real food in gorka or Grishino if I don't starve on the way there.

• Like 1

Yesss! Spray paints, Changeable names, CHOO CHOO all aboard the update train :D

Nice patch, a lot of work has been done in this two weeks, but i was hoping that combat logging would be fixed as Rocket said in Twitter it was their priority:

And I also read I don't know where that they were pointing at mid january to do it so I really hoped it would come in this patch :(

Half disappointed, half excited about the new stuff.

I think it's more that this patch is what the team worked on when he was away. I presume what he meant when he was tweeting is when he gets back he would be focusing on fixing the combat logging as a priority that's how i took it at least.

Remember each staff member is hired for a particular job so animators will continue to animate, designers will continue to design and coders will code etc, not everyone works on the same problems and i'm guessing Dean has taken on the problem of combat logging onto himself or he didn't want it touched until he returned to oversee it.

• Like 1

ZOMG He spoke to his community someone get this guy a cookie bout time just keep us posted even if its just a i took a rotten shit today post lets us know your still there rocket and thank you for the update

Edited by shister313

New:

• Editable character name in main menu
  • Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
  • Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
  • DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
  • Signature verification against PBOs
  • Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns

• Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns

• Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns

• Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added shotgun into loot spawns

• Berry picking
  • Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
  • Saw-off shotgun recipe
  • Opening cans with saw
  • Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
  • Added spraypaint can into loot spawns

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

You posted Hacksaw twice ;D

You posted Hacksaw twice ;D

And this is the second time this has been posted.

wve9f8.jpg

• Like 3

And this is the second time this has been posted.

wve9f8.jpg

I wasn't going to read through 271 post's to see if it has been posted or not already. Thank's for noticing though. I appreciate it.

• Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

Where about is this? I wasn't aware there was extra coast available?

Also, in b4 shotguns have 90 degree spread.

Edited by Publik

For future Experimental Branches it would be great to have the option of having an entire new client for only that.

For example Dota 2 has this and its made perfect. Dota 2 have a client only used for stable patches and an entire new client called Dota 2 Beta where they beta test new features so you never have to reinstall and be forced to not play on servers you might not want to play for more than a few hours just to play with your friends again!

Would love to test new features out but it would cut me back from playing with my friends a little bit when having it on the same client.

Anyhow great work as always. Im really excited for this! :D