blurhitz

Do you agree with modding in SA?

Do you agree with modding in SA?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with modding in SA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others...

If you do not allow mods you will probably never see more than 1 or 2 new maps if any at all.

rocket already saying they will make new maps and encourage community also to create new maps AFTER FULL RELEASE :D

Edited by KoS

I'll admit to have tried several of the DayZ Mod mods. Notably Panthera, Lingor, Epoch.

Some of them were enjoyable, and added nice features. Others were just over the top. Epoch, for one, was like that.

Ultimately, I prefer Vanilla over all other flavours. Though I've yet to see what Rocket actually meant by 'modding'.

how about wait for car to be build before we pimping that shit? :huh:

how you know what game is need for improve when is not complete??? :huh:

Before my last post, when did i say anything about about starting to mod the game before its done? I didn't. In my last post i decided to play "devil's advocate".

Edited by Thane

When did i say anyone should start modifying or improving the game?

:huh:

....People could start building assets if they wanted. A lot of people like to create mods, not just play....

is point of this whole conversation look OP :rolleyes:

BIS is maybe #1 game develop company in world for support and encourage mod community imo :)

they have more advance arma 3 engine and more establish arma 2 engine and tools for assist  AVAILABLE NOW for modding community ;)

I say to all guys who asking if is good idea for allow mod of SA happen how is possible mod a game when game is not complete? :huh:

same like I saying to you how is possible make car to hotrod when car is maybe 2 years from leave factory? :D

and more important point open file system help modders but also help cheats and this will do damage to SA :|

is simple logic, no modding happen before full release, is suicide for BIS and is not need because of engines already available for modder to play and create assets like you say. :thumbsup:  :)

Edited by KoS

It is entirely possible to mod an incomplete game,but further updates can and will make it incompatible or redundant.

Also the best developer for modders might be Bethesda.

I've got no problem with mods, people tend to forget that it was the mods that saved the classic DayZ. 

* Since the public hive became infested with hackers / exploiters , private hives began to thrive.

I'd love to play some "Lingor Island , Namalsk , Taviana"

It's a little too early for modding. Let's have this discussion in 15 years,

It's a little too early for modding. Let's have this discussion in 15 years,

Rocket is already granting private hives, might as-well introduce modding.

I said no modding, but I would be okay with it eventually. Like after alpha & beta and there's an official release, then they should officially start supporting modding. Otherwise the versions get all fucked up and you have old mechanics in new versions of mods. The vanilla gets better, but the mods ignore it because it breaks their modifications.

That said. I think a map editor would be great any time. Good maps take forever to make, so the sooner the better for them.

• Like 1

Pros: Might extend the lifetime of the game (bit early to say when it's still in alpha)

Cons: Fractures playerbase, will mean pvpers all go play a pvp modded server, pvers all go to a pve modded server... kills the game.

imo

Agreed.

Why not have the public hive servers banned from modding, but private hives can mod? Simple fix.

This is the best solution so far. It looks like the problem most people have with mods is that they still want to be able to play on populated vanilla servers. If only private hive servers can mod, it will stop modded servers from taking over. It also gives BI a mechanism to control exactly how many modded servers there are at a time.

The devs won't lose my respect if they decide that the vision they want to realize is more important than modding.

• Like 1

I say again

modding is alive is support 100% by BIS feel free use arma2 or arma 3 engine and maybe WIN BIG CASH PRIZE FOR TOP MOD  :D

I love mods  :thumbsup:   :)

every dayz player love mods  :thumbsup:   ;)

but give SA chance to be first a complete game without open door policy for cheaters   :huh:

after one year of full release ok, we see but don't kill game before is born still in womb  :|

That's what I was trying to get at with my post at first but it didn't quite come out the way it should of. At this moment in time, allowing modding just wouldn't be feasible, but some time after the full release, I would be okay with modding. 

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 1

I don't mind modding for what it is. The issue I have with it is when I wanted to go back to stock Day Z, I couldn't find any servers that accomodated it. Day Z Commander was mostly full of "Day only, 500+ vehicles, start with xxx weapon"  to the point where I couldn't find a single standard game so I gave up looking.

I hope mods are not allowed. You payed money for the game, you should be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, not a modded version of it.

You know how stupid this sounds right.

You are not supporting mods for a game that started off as a mod just because lol

You know how stupid this sounds right.

You are not supporting mods for a game that started off as a mod just because lol

Yes reading that back I realize how stupid it sounds. What I really should have said is they should not allow modding until some time after the game is fully released. I just jumped the gun and said that but left out the most important part which makes it sound like I am against modding all together forever. I personally love mods and modding, but if they were to add it in at any time before the full release, you would have people playing those mods instead of the pre release game and not testing the game properly. Trust me lol, waking up this morning and re reading that, I could only facepalm at why I said it the way I did.  :lol:

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 2

Comment removed as a reply had already been stated...

Edited by Napalm Dog

I like Epoch. I know a lot of people hate it but that sub-mod fit my play style like a hand in a glove.

If Epoch finds it's way to SA thats where I'd go.

Also hope Taviana and Namalsk make an appearance

Yes to mods.

Wouldn't it be easier to find the game you want instead of trying to change this game that isn't what you want?

I believe all games should be modable... you have the option to play modded servers or non-modded servers so what does it matter... mods keep games alive... I loved Epoch and would love to see a version of it in DayZ some day...

Wouldn't it be easier to find the game you want instead of trying to change this game that isn't what you want?

Its not that this isnt the game people want... its just a great base for other things, other types of gameplay... Arma II wasnt the game Rocket wanted to play so he made DayZ from it...

Let there be map modification, loadout modification and and more items, be able to filter default SA or modded SA

Its not that this isnt the game people want... its just a great base for other things, other types of gameplay... Arma II wasnt the game Rocket wanted to play so he made DayZ from it...

I think people's main worry that aren't in favour of modding is that it might kill off vanilla. I can understand that. But the only reason Day Z even exist is because of modding. 

Edited by Jeansie
  • Like 1

Exactly!!!! Effing Exactly!!!

Stop trying to add Zombies to my ARMA games you weirdos! Go play some other game if you want to play a game with Zombies, no room for Zombies in my ARMA game!

And take your 'Rocket' with you!

(Do you realize how asinine your post is?)

Exactly!!!! Effing Exactly!!!

Stop trying to add Zombies to my ARMA games you weirdos! Go play some other game if you want to play a game with Zombies, no room for Zombies in my ARMA game!

And take your 'Rocket' with you!

(Do you realize how asinine your post is?)

I think someone should mod out the zombies and make it a purely pvp milsim

• Like 4