blurhitz

Do you agree with modding in SA?

Do you agree with modding in SA?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with modding in SA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others...

I will accept no modding if the debs listen to the community and add what we want as long as it's reasonable

I really wish there wouldn't be mods, or some limitations on what mods can do. 1000 Barracks, 1000 Vehicles, DMR Load out servers killed the DayZ mod for the most part and pretty much turned the corpse into an idiotic sniperfest.

There are still tens of thousands of people playing the mod at any given moment.

It actually never died.

At this rate modding is going to be necessary for SA to actually become a fun game as Rocket seems to hate fun and wants to make SA his own personal experiment at creating the most tedious and frustrating game ever conceived. It does look pretty though.

He's trying to make a fairly realistic zombie MMO not the hardest game ever but if you use something us hu-mans call common sense you will know that in a zombie outbreak all the survivors will have already looted x town therefore there is no loot here and if you drink disinfectant spray you will die and bandages stop bleeding and there's 7 billion people which means a hell of a lot of zombies and the game is in alpha so it is not finished so don't criticise or judge until it is fully released.

Modding Standalone :o

this is the Standalone why do we need to mod it ? :o :huh: :)

the whole point of moving on from the mod (see that word mod ! ) is to make a single game that is Dayz !

if we going to mod the SA why have we even bothered ? its actually mind raping to even consider modding a game that supposed to be the very game we trying not to mod ! :o

the only things added to the standalone should be content from the dev team. as soon as modding is allowed every little thing people hated with the mod will be the very first things added !

im all for maps to be redone like taviana and Namalsk but leave it there no tweaks add on anything. no exploitation nothing other than what the devs allow.

if people want buy as you like donation servers stick to the mod. you develop that ! leave this game alone or should i say standalone.

you know why this game is fresh at the moment is because everything is the same playing field is fair build on that not destroy it with stupid additions. rant over. :lol:

Pros: Might extend the lifetime of the game (bit early to say when it's still in alpha)

Cons: Fractures playerbase, will mean pvpers all go play a pvp modded server, pvers all go to a pve modded server... kills the game.

imo

• Like 1

Depends what mods. Obviously not mods that will allow people to create their own weapons that could have a superior power etc.

Some people are really concerned with how other people will play the game.

Rocket already said that modding will be supported, all of your arguments are asinine. The whole point of going to standalone has nothing to do with 'so people won't need to mod it' that's just incredibly obtuse.

People will mod the standalone, people will play on private hives and the game will be better off for it, much like the mod was. People should be less hysterical about the concept of people playing DayZ not in the way godRocket Intended It

• Like 1

SO TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN FAVOR of..modding being allowed can you answer a question?

Is the reason you want modding allowed in SA is because you believe the SA won't be able to live up to the various mods content wise? 

Would love a response.

Edit: Not trying to thread hi-jack

Edited by Flight96

I hope modding is possible only AFTER FULL RELEASE DATE + 1 YEAR minimum ;)

I love what community doing create great new idea for our enjoy :)

but problem is when they open files to community they open also to CHEATERS HACKERS AND ADMIN ABUSE BITCHES also >:(

AND THIS KILL GAME SAME LIKE THE MOD >:(

so keep SA secure for one year allow us to enjoy full release no bullshits pure dayz as rocket intend  :thumbsup: ;)

then open files for modders and sad to say also the bitches

Edited by KoS

SO TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN FAVOR of..modding being allowed can you answer a question?

Is the reason you want modding allowed in SA is because you believe the SA won't be able to live up to the various mods content wise? 

Would love a response.

That is hardly relevant, the SA will provide a base experience that will be modified by mod developers to cater to different playing styles and concepts. Just as the DayZ mod was.

There are already many things that existed in some mods that Rocket said won't be present in the SA, such as Origins/Epoch style base building. Regardless, moding does not only imply 'adding features' it also implies 'removing features', what if some people would like to play a more classic DayZ game with less emphasis on eating 30 cans of food to survive? Why should this trouble so many people?

Rocket already said: Modding will be supported. And that's a good thing. The player base being fractured shouldn't trouble people more than the notion of people getting bored with the game to the point that they stop playing it, the end result is the same. The player base being fractured is such a factitious argument either way, as long as you can find one populated server that caters to your play-style you shouldn't be concerned with what other players are doing on different servers.

I hope modding is possible AFTER FULL RELEASE DATE + 1 YEAR minimum ;)

I love what community doing create great new idea for our enjoy :)

but problem is when they open files to community they open also to cheater hacker admin abuse bitches also > :(

AND THIS KILL GAME SAME LIKE THE MOD > :(

so keep SA secure for one year allow us to enjoy full release no bullshits :thumbsup: ;)

then open files for modders and sad to say also the bitches

Cheating had nothing to do with modding or the opensource nature of the project. Cheating is possible in SA right now. Cheating will forever be possible and trivial in a game based on the real virtuality engine.

Admin abuse will exist on private hives, it also exists in a lesser scale on the public hive right now.

Don't worry about mods, none of the problems you described had anything to do with mods.

• Like 1

Cheating had nothing to do with modding or the opensource nature of the project. Cheating is possible in SA right now. Cheating will forever be possible and trivial in a game based on the real virtuality engine.

Admin abuse will exist on private hives, it also exists in a lesser scale on the public hive right now.

Don't worry about mods, none of the problems you described had anything to do with mods.

WRONG!!! :D

OPEN nature of arma is design for mission edit and modding for community ;)

SA having only one mission - SURVIVE!!! is nO need for edit nothing

cheat happen in SA LIKE EVERY GAME but devs fight this :thumbsup:  ;)

open files make cheat EASIER THING and is make admin abuse absolute 100% epidemic thing

is fact LOOK MOD  ;)

Edited by KoS

I... ah...

The DayZ mod files being 'open source' had nothing to do with the vulnerability of the ARMA engine to script injections. The fact is that SA still allows injecting scripts as many hackers have demonstrated to this point.

Modding brought you Origins, Epoch and DayZero, hacking was possible since day 1 of the mod as it was in the standalone.

Moddability does not increase or decrease the likelihood of cheating.

I... ah...

The DayZ mod files being 'open source' had nothing to do with the vulnerability of the ARMA engine to script injections. The fact is that SA still allows injecting scripts as many hackers have demonstrated to this point.

Modding brought you Origins, Epoch and DayZero, hacking was possible since day 1 of the mod as it was in the standalone.

Moddability does not increase or decrease the likelihood of cheating.

I agree modding is awesome :)

is bring dayz for us :thumbsup:  ;)

but ability to manipulate game content having high price include easy cheat/admin abuse hacks epidemic >:(

is sad fact :(

so

modder, use arma 3 is open for you BIS giving reward for best mods ;)

but leave alone SA let see what rocket vision is don't make easy for cheat bitches >:(

I played the mod for a lot of time, and I remember quite well when it started to die because of mods people made..

The mod died off originally for me because of hackers, period! I was however getting a little bored along with that though.

You know what brought me back to DayZ? MODS!!!!!!!!

The Origins mods was extremely well made, with tons of different bandit skins so i could get in on the PvP to, playing a survivor. They also have different hero and survivor skins and the map it was on was also extremely well made, adding "sector B", an island that was supposed to shelter survivors and was great goal to try and achieve just getting there in a boat or heli, which you would have to fix. Epoch was okay, I thought it was well made too, but the zombie could hear way too well making sneaking around unrealistic ( I advocate excellent sight for zombies though).

I would think most players would like mods in SA even if they only consisted of adding other maps.

I almost guarantee everyone here played a different map of DayZ at least once, without modding we wouldn't have amazing maps like Namalsk, Panthera, Taviana, etc. So I like this point.

To all the haters:

Modding simply expands the amount of people that the game appeals to. I don't see the problem with making a mod that makes the game easier or harder, it just caters to different tastes and if you don't like that play style then don't play that mod. By allowing modding we aren't forciing you to play easy mode or hard mode, it's simply giving options, and if you haven't noticed in life yet, options are good.

Edited by FuzzyWumpkins

I say again

modding is alive is support 100% by BIS feel free use arma2 or arma 3 engine and maybe WIN BIG CASH PRIZE FOR TOP MOD :D

I love mods :thumbsup:  :)

every dayz player love mods :thumbsup:  ;)

but give SA chance to be first a complete game without open door policy for cheaters  :huh:

after one year of full release ok, we see but don't kill game before is born still in womb :|

• Like 3

I hope mods are not allowed. You payed money for the game, you should be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, not a modded version of it.

That is the dumbest, most closed minded, selfish shit i heard someone say in a long time. Thats like saying you paid money for your car, SO DON'T TURN IT INTO A HOTROD! You bought the house! Don't do any renovations or addons! You clearly have not been PC gaming for long otherwise you learned by now that mods can make stock games twice as good or more than they were "meant" to be......

You bought Arma 2 right?   W....T....F were you doing playing DayZ?!!!? :lol:

If your worried about server population for stock DayZ, i wouldn't be. When i came back to DayZ mod recently, there were more people playing it than Origins or Epoch i think.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Thats like saying you paid money for your car, SO DON'T TURN IT INTO A HOTROD!

how about wait for car to be build before we pimping that shit? :huh:

how about wait for car to be build before we pimping that shit? :huh:

:huh: Its not your or my business IMO.  Some people don't know what they like and its a good idea to give them a taste of everything first before they jump in and commit themselves to something specific. Others know exactly what they want most from the beginning. People could start building assets if they wanted. A lot of people like to create mods, not just play.

Why not have the public hive servers banned from modding, but private hives can mod? Simple fix.

• Like 2

:huh: Its not your or my business IMO.

you coming on public forum and saying this??? :D

I say again for guys who have problem absorb informations :huh:

MODDING HAPPEN NOW SUPPORT 100% BY BIS

is tools for assist is money cash reward for best ideas :thumbsup:  :)

go to bis forum and MAKE MOD ;)

why you waste time here asking if game still not finish is available for mod??? :huh:

how you know what game is need for improve when is not complete??? :huh:

you talking no sense :huh:

Edited by KoS

If you do not allow mods you will probably never see more than 1 or 2 new maps if any at all. Beside this not everybody will be happy with every map design decision the devs have mnade. A mod that probably adds a bit more of gore and signs of the apocalypse could be very popular. Another example would be predefined bases...stuff that adds new elements or fixes stuff that probably should have been implemented in the first place like it can be seen in games like Arma or Skyrim,...

just a few thoughts

Modding is the heart and soul of PC gaming and should always be allowed if it is possible.