elf cakes

Why aren't PvE servers allowed?

Thanks for listening to me and understanding. then replying without treating me like im some form of plague

I dont believe you to be the plague i may not agree with how you wish to play Dayz but it is and eventually will be your choice.

I am going to get attacked for this but i find it interesting that many people in this thread who are screaming against this idea of what is freedom to play the way you want in turn scream for there freedom to play how they want in KOS threads.

So in future it will be Public server its open to any and all to play any way they choose be it KOS be it mixed survivour pvp and KOS or even attempt to be a pve player ( but ya going to get killed)

Private server you will play within what rules set by the server admin if thats pve then you log in there you play pve or expect to get kicked i wont be joining you in your PVE server but i wish you luck when private hives are allowed.

• Like 1

Don't assume you know me or my intentions.  I have never stated even once that want people to be prevented from being able to harm other players.  find that quote.

apparently you have never played L4D because that game is an arcade dumbfest with no survival aspects, arcadish weapon handling and idiotic special zombies.  IE absolutely nothing like DayZ

Out of the 50 hours in SA so far, I have spent about 10 of those playing "PvE" (on low population PvP servers)  my friends and I play quite happily on a server with no one else doing what we want.

Those other 40 hours have been playing DayZ as the "hero" type killing bandits and helping newbs.  I enjoy DayZ how it is meant to be played one hell of a lot.  but I also see how absolutely awesome just trying to survive in this game would be thanks to its deep and sophisticated survival mechanics.  that exist in NO OTHER GAME.

Again, take away the threat of other people/players and DayZ is no longer DayZ. Survival is exactly what it is about, and one of the threats to your survival is other players.

The lack of understanding of WHY this is how DayZ is and was always meant to be, really never ceases to amaze me.

You guys basically want all the survival elements without the threat of other players, so you don't have to ever worry about getting killed and losing your stuff. You don't belong in DayZ if this is the case.

There is literally no argument for PvE that works in DayZ. Say what you want, but you're just missing the point and if you don't get it now., I doubt you ever will.

I am going to get attacked for this but i find it interesting that many people in this thread who are screaming against this idea of what is freedom to play the way you want in turn scream for there freedom to play how they want in KOS threads.

The reason you will be attacked is because, once again, that is a completely disingenuous comparison.

People who want to PvP, even "KoS," have never once, ever asked for servers which prevent others from doing what they want to do. It has never happened. The only people asking for the ability to restrict other players' freedom and actions are those who want PvE servers.

PvPers want what DayZ was designed to be - a game that combines PvE and PvP aspects into a single game.

The people on "no KOS servers" deserve to be punished though don't they? 

they do, but only because they're obstinately refusing to participate in the game, and then probably joining in the electro deathmatch the moment they're geared. 

Let me put it in simple terms for the simpletons here who don't understand.

DayZ with no PvP, is like asking for a cheese sandwich, but asking to have no cheese in it.

• Like 1

Deathmatchers still pushing the Dayz the way it was meant to be played crap.

How did that work out for the Mod?

• Like 1

How did that work out for the Mod?

Actually really, really great until the hackers showed up. Some of the most fun I've ever had gaming. Many of my friends feel the same way. For how few features the mod had, it was incredible. Largely because of the intensity of emotion and uncertainty created by the ever-presence of murderers looking to kill me. I never felt safe. It was absolutely amazing.

If it had just been fighting those stupid, buggy, zig-zagging, wall-hacking zombies all day? I would have probably quit a couple days after I started playing with a great big "meh."

Why do you ask?

The reason you will be attacked is because, once again, that is a completely disingenuous comparison.

People who want to PvP, even "KoS," have never once, ever asked for servers which prevent others from doing what they want to do. It has never happened. The only people asking for the ability to restrict other players' freedom and actions are those who want PvE servers.

PvPers want what DayZ was designed to be - a game that combines PvE and PvP aspects into a single game.

And i agree with everything your saying to a point you will find me on a public (or in future on a private server which doesnt stipulate play style because to me probably to most your right the game was ment to be open to play as you wish .(yeah even rocket would agree on that he made it that way )

Some of these PVE people are not trying to stipulate to you how to play the game ( some are fire away ) but this guy asked about the future of private hive servers and as he seemed reasonable i gave him a reasonable answer..If he pays for in the future a private hive it is his right to make rules and play the way he wants(this theory is endorsed by rocket in his statements that private hive servers will be able to run different versions of the game to suit the market )

So to sum up any PVE player stating that thats how the game should be played wide scale you are definately right to attack respectfully that person. If this style of player is asking can it be done in the future of private servers( private server so he aint dictating to you how to play unless your silly enough to join his server then he has every right to boot you ) then he has a the basic human right to respect regardless if you agree with his views or not.

There is being right  then there is just being an ASS HAT not saying who is what i have no god given ability to judge the majority i can only give opinions ( which are like ass holes we all have them )

Ill let you re read your posts and decide which you have decided to be today were you right or were you an ass hat ???

Edited by SoulFirez

It seems some have brought this game, without really researching about it, thisn review is about the mod... but could be quite educational for a few :rolleyes:

As a player that will NEVER go to a PvE server I will say this:

My opinion is that PvE servers should not be allowed at all until private hive servers are. The amount of gear farming from PvE servers and then going to coast camp and shoot new spawns would be atrocious.

I fully understand that players want to play the game the way they want to play it I'm all for that, but this is an "Alpher" and until the game is fully released rules must be set in place so proper testing and game mechanics can be evaluated, PvE severs would not benefit the production of this game at the moment. Plus If you as a player want a PvE experience, all you have to do is spawn and run North, I have been North of Stary Sobor for about a week now and still alive and constantly running between NWAF and NEAF while visiting Guba. Although I'm about to head to Kamyshovo or Solnichniy and make at attempt at shooting bandits or helping new players.

Let'em play the way they want to play, but only after DayZ is a fully released game.

• Like 3

Imagine if all the people who wanted PvE could go to PvE only servers. That means a much higher concentration of PvP-minded players on the regular servers. And all of a sudden the DayZ experience is skewed for the people who want to play the game as it was intended... those who want to be able to come across other players and *not know* if they're going to be friendly or not.

Only if the PvE crowd goes to other servers the game will be -even more- like a deathmatch arena.

As a player that will NEVER go to a PvE server I will say this:

My opinion is that PvE servers should not be allowed at all until private hive servers are. The amount of gear farming from PvE servers and then going to coast camp and shoot new spawns would be atrocious.

I fully understand that players want to play the game the way they want to play it I'm all for that, but this is an "Alpher" and until the game is fully released rules must be set in place so proper testing and game mechanics can be evaluated, PvE severs would not benefit the production of this game at the moment. Plus If you as a player want a PvE experience, all you have to do is spawn and run North, I have been North of Stary Sobor for about a week now and still alive and constantly running between NWAF and NEAF while visiting Guba. Although I'm about to head to Kamyshovo or Solnichniy and make at attempt at shooting bandits or helping new players.

Let'em play the way they want to play, but only after DayZ is a fully released game.

Here is an example of someone who doesnt agree with the points beliefs and play style of other posters but his response is reasonable you sir have my beans my they feed you for another day. Can anyone spot the difference between this and some other responses made?? you get my point hopefully live and let live ( or in this case kill and let let kill in the style you want LOL)

• Like 1

I love how these PvE pro people scream saying they should be able to do what they want while at the same time trying to restrict another fellow gamers freedom to do what they want.

Gotta love that internet.

I see that a lot from KoS-EZ-players like yourself.

Seriousyl, it is a circle argument. Stop trying to look like the "badass good guy". Because you only look really, dumb.

People who want to PvP, even "KoS," have never once, ever asked for servers which prevent others from doing what they want to do. It has never happened. The only people asking for the ability to restrict other players' freedom and actions are those who want PvE servers.

PvPers want what DayZ was designed to be - a game that combines PvE and PvP aspects into a single game.

Indeed.

But a lot of forum-PvPers are complaining about non-KoS-people playing the way they want it.

As said before, it is a circle argument.

But once there's a way to either figure out who is a bandit without needing to see him shoot you in the face, or a much deadlier enviroment so KoS, may no longer be the easy way, this wont be an issue anymore.

Edited by DaveAzoicer
  • Like 1

Here is an example of someone who doesnt agree with the points beliefs and play style of other posters but his response is reasonable you sir have my beans my they feed you for another day. Can anyone spot the difference between this and some other responses made?? you get my point hopefully live and let live ( or in this case kill and let let kill in the style you want LOL)

Hit the nail on the head there, yes I do not agree with certain play styles, but I do sympathize with all play styles and the standalone game has brought out even more play styles, all of which I find amazing. Whether it be players running the coast helping each other, that guy that you get in a fist fight with as a new spawn, or the group that cuffs you and forces you to drink Disinfectant (favorite video to date was Lirik's Tragedy). Yes, all play styles in my book are welcomed (except those hackers, go to hell hackers/scripters), though I may not agree/play those styles strictly per-say, I can see that the 900k people that have bought the game so far are not all the same, everyone has their style and they will play their style, in some cases though they should/may have to wait.

on another note: And I actually ended my trek south somewhere near, well, I can't say and I've decided that I'm going to kill coast campers and try helping who I can until my next life. I'm thinking that life will be a strictly survival life.

• Like 1

Oh they are allowed, you're just not getting any special "not being able to shoot a player" gamemode. Now go figure out how to make a PVE server.

Plus it doesn't make any sense to have a PVE server right now. What are you gonna kill, a few zombies per town? And that's the ending of the game.

Edited by Sutinen

Just like with gay people,

Just like with gay people...

Don't do that.

Be warned.

• Like 1

There are not that many zombies yet to even try and make a server PvE only.

I'm failing to see the difference between a PvP enabled server, a PvP server, and a normal server

is NO thing call pvP server or pvP ENABLE server on public hive on mod or SA version, it never exist same like pvE ones never exist :huh:

only 'DayZ' servers exist on public hive ;)

sometime in mod guys putting 'pvP' in PRIVATE server name so guys HAVING NO DOUBT there is pvP there and is usual you spawn with primary gun/ammo etc ready for war and foods/drink/medical so player don't worry for survive vs environment but this is nothing like true dayz experience :|

also some mod private hives putting word 'pvE' in name and they doing kick/ban on all guys who shoot player (I know because I was kick/ban from EVERY pvE server in mod) this also is NOTHING LIKE TRUE DAYZ EXPERIENCE :huh:

only true dayz experience is vanilla public hive 'DayZ' server do ANYTHING what you want pvE/pvP etc except NO CHEAT :thumbsup:  ;)

Edited by KoS

Why aren't this type of server allowed? I'm not a massive fan of them, but why are the devs against it? surely people can play however they want? don't you think it's unfair that just because it's not the popular opinion that they aren't allowed? people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

inb4 they shouldnt be allowed because being a carebear is wrong, jesus just let them be. if they're on their own then surely they're not harming anyone else.

Because why the hell would you want to play a bog standard shooter currently in alpha with glitchy zombies and basic, easy survival mechanics. Player interaction is the defining feature of DayZ, and taking that away just leaves you with a pointless, hollow gaming experience.

Grow some balls, and lose your introverted/sheltered preference of play style. Failing that, just go play minecraft, since this clearly isn't the game for you.

Why aren't this type of server allowed? I'm not a massive fan of them, but why are the devs against it? surely people can play however they want? don't you think it's unfair that just because it's not the popular opinion that they aren't allowed? people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

inb4 they shouldnt be allowed because being a carebear is wrong, jesus just let them be. if they're on their own then surely they're not harming anyone else.

Why? Because it's not how the game is played. If you want to kill zombies, I suggest Left 4 Dead- it was free on Steam just earlier

As far as I'm concerned, PvE servers would be pretty pointless because the game would get boring extremely fast. And as this is not an ARMA mod anymore, there is no reason why should people have the choice to do whatever they want with the game.

What is funny though, is that many people who are strongly opposed to the idea of PvE servers because "it's not how it was meant to be played" would have no problem joining a 100000 vehicles|1000 choppers|extra barracks & military loot| starting loadout| kind of servers when modding and private hives become available.

• Like 5

Let me put it in simple terms for the simpletons here who don't understand.

DayZ with no PvP, is like asking for a cheese sandwich, but asking to have no cheese in it.

Asking for no pve, is like asking for a burger, with no veggies or fruits.

Edited by Space Milk
  • Like 1

There are PVP servers...

• Like 1