elf cakes

Why aren't PvE servers allowed?

One thing I don't understand, and this may be venomous: why the hell do people have any say on a server they didn't pay for? Now if these were Bi's hosted servers, I could see it. These servers are paid for with earned money. Ever here of my house my rules? Far as I see it, if I log onto to someone's server, I'm a guest in his house. You do as asked, or you leave.

Your house, your rules, but the server is located at your friends house not yours, the pieces are all borrowed from relatives, and you did read that pre-nup agreement that you signed when you handed over your cash, didn't you.

There are consequences if you break a legally binding contract, and 'legally binding' is defined by the side with the better lawyers.

• Like 1

It's not only geared players. We have a toxic community of new spawns going up to other new spawns and just beating on them. I didn't sign up for naked fight club.

• Like 1

It's not only geared players. We have a toxic community of new spawns going up to other new spawns and just beating on them. I didn't sign up for naked fight club.

This is DayZ, you have to fight.

• Like 1

Well yeah I get that, what I mean is m4s and mosins arnt the only problem. Had a guy killing fresh spawns yesterday with just a fire axe and a backpack.

Your house, your rules, but the server is located at your friends house not yours, the pieces are all borrowed from relatives, and you did read that pre-nup agreement that you signed when you handed over your cash, didn't you.

There are consequences if you break a legally binding contract, and 'legally binding' is defined by the side with the better lawyers.

That' clears it up nicely, thank you.

So if I was rich and had better lawyers, I could sue dean over this? Edited by Space Milk

So if I was rich and had better lawyers, I could sue dean over this?

A $100 an hour lawyer will tell you to sue, a $400 an hour lawyer will tell you, you're wasting you time. If you don't like the server agreement, you can take your business elsewhere.

So if I was rich and had better lawyers, I could sue dean over this?

Of course not.  Now if you want to go make your own game and rent out your own server....feel free.

Edit - I am one of MANY that will join PVE servers ecsplicitely to murder every single person I see.

Edited by Phantasm

A $100 an hour lawyer will tell you to sue, a $400 an hour lawyer will tell you, you're wasting you time. If you don't like the server agreement, you can take your business elsewhere.

Why would a higher payed lawyer say that? Sorry I no nothing about law but it is interesting.

Of course not.  Now if you want to go make your own game and rent out your own server....feel free.

Edit - I am one of MANY that will join PVE servers ecsplicitely to murder every single person I see.

Is legally binded contract impenetrable? Can I copy it?

Why would a higher payed lawyer say that? Sorry I no nothing about law but it is interesting.

A good lawyer will give you good advise. 

I LOVE PvE servers.

No homo.

just the worst kind of shitty douchebaggery

• Like 2

The devs have too much self respect to allow that kind of abomination. 

• Like 1

just the worst kind of shitty douchebaggery

I respect your right to feel that way about it. Can you not respect mine to feel otherwise about it?

Of course not. Now if you want to go make your own game and rent out your own server....feel free.

See I call bullshit on this. Most of those on that server head north, and frankly, kos'ers don't like to walk, eat, drink, hell, most bitch about needing to even find gear.

Now you want mad respect? Hunt someone. Trail them, stay hidden, shoot them in the ankle, then fall back into the shadows. Make them paranoid, make them freak the hell out. Every time they try to eat or drink, put a round into them. Run up, knock them out, replace their food with rotten, drink all their water, then put the bottles back, give them a loaded pistol with 1 round. Torment your target, enjoy the kill......no, I don't need therapy.....

Lol anyways, as far northwest I am, in unmarked areas, the standard kos'er isn't finding me.

Edited by Ineedscoffee
  • Like 1

You said pve people restrict other people? HOW? There are servers for pve. There. PvP are trying to restrict pve by removing pve servers, which my comment attempts to argue against.

The devs are restrictng PvE because they don't want that in their game.  Pretty cut and dry.  A primary challenge of the game is other survivors.  Trying to enforce PvE only on a rented server on a public hive is quite a bit like being a script kiddie.

Dayz is like a visual novel game, your choices will either save you or kill you. That is all.

Thank god I left my finger in page eight. Thirty two was a bitch......

Why aren't this type of server allowed? I'm not a massive fan of them, but why are the devs against it? surely people can play however they want? don't you think it's unfair that just because it's not the popular opinion that they aren't allowed? people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

inb4 they shouldnt be allowed because being a carebear is wrong, jesus just let them be. if they're on their own then surely they're not harming anyone else.

Because that's not the game they are making?

Once there are private servers and private hives people can play however the heck they want.

PVE servers would spring up and then the community itself would enforce those rules.

Private hives are the solution to everything.

they fix alot of issues, but they also ruin more than they fix. 

Private hive owners in the mod completely fucked it up, steps need to be taken to prevent that happening before the game is even finished. I'm not against pvp servers with loadouts, extra loot and 1000+ vehicles, but you know what? fuck that, i am, because that sounds completely shit, and it sounds like exactly what we'll end up with when private hives are given free reign.

Not that there's anything wrong with private hives, but the mod pretty much jaded them in my eyes, private server owners either want to play the game their way or are just desperate for a popular server, and fuck everything up in the process. 

private hives - say no. 

Neither will it stop them for making the game they want

Ultimately you're leasing the server software, it's not your property, it's the same as complaining that your landlord won't let you repaint the house and add a new window.

• Like 1

Ultimately you're leasing the server software, it's not your property, it's the same as complaining that your landlord won't let you repaint the house and add a new window.

It absolutely nothing like that