elf cakes

Why aren't PvE servers allowed?

none of that matters, clearly there are a few people who just want to play the game co-operatively. i thought you were supposed to be free to do what you want? these servers only get made because some people want to avoid the deathmatch that is dayZ, and when they try to do it on their own without harming anyone else, their server gets removed without refund? thats utterly shocking. it's an atrocity. 

Nope. You clearly misunderstand the whole concept of DayZ. You want a different game, not DayZ. If you want a co-op only game go and play a game which delivers that. It is not DayZ. Anyone who is arguing for PvE only servers just fails to grasp the entire concept of DayZ.

PvE servers are not allowed, and hopefully never will be.

In your opinion it becomes pointless.  If it was pointless then there would be no one asking for it.  Just because you cannot see the enjoyment to be had doesn't mean others will not and do not.

Nope, it IS pointless. DayZ is not a PvE game, period. People are asking for it because they can't handle losing their stuff. They are free to play co-operatively with other players if they wish, but you cannot and will not prevent other players from shooting each other. Again you are one of those people who simply doesn't get the game. If you did you wouldn't want PvE only. I suggest going and playing some L4D2 or something :)

I play with other players btw, and yes I enjoy playing co-operatively with them. But to remove the only threat in the game by having ONLY players who work together? Defeats everything this game is about. SO I do not fail to see the enjoyment, I simply understand what this game is about and enjoy both sides. You want just one side which is just pointless. In the end you are the ones who fail to see why PvE only is not allowed and not wanted.

Edited by Irenicus

Nope. You clearly misunderstand the whole concept of DayZ. You want a different game, not DayZ. If you want a co-op only game go and play a game which delivers that. It is not DayZ. Anyone who is arguing for PvE only servers just fails to grasp the entire concept of DayZ.

PvE servers are not allowed, and hopefully never will be.

what is the concept of dayZ then? am i missing something? why should you dictate the way i want to play a game? the group of people that plays on these servers is so small that it couldnt possibly change dayZ overall. why can't you just let this small group of people play the game they want to play?

• Like 1

Nope, it IS pointless. DayZ is not a PvE game, period. People are asking for it because they can't handle losing their stuff. They are free to play co-operatively with other players if they wish, but you cannot and will not prevent other players from shooting each other. Again you are one of those people who simply doesn't get the game. If you did you wouldn't want PvE only. I suggest going and playing some L4D2 or something :)

I play with other players btw, and yes I enjoy playing co-operatively with them. But to remove the only threat in the game by having ONLY players who work together? Defeats everything this game is about. SO I do not fail to see the enjoyment, I simply understand what this game is about and enjoy both sides. You want just one side which is just pointless. In the end you are the ones who fail to see why PvE only is not allowed and not wanted.

So it is a PvP game? There are many other games to play if you want a pvp experience.

Why add zombies, why have starvation, dehydration, all this pve stuff?

• Like 1

I play with other players btw, and yes I enjoy playing co-operatively with them. But to remove the only threat in the game by having ONLY players who work together? Defeats everything this game is about. SO I do not fail to see the enjoyment, I simply understand what this game is about and enjoy both sides. You want just one side which is just pointless.

Don't assume you know me or my intentions.  I have never stated even once that want people to be prevented from being able to harm other players.  find that quote.

apparently you have never played L4D because that game is an arcade dumbfest with no survival aspects, arcadish weapon handling and idiotic special zombies.  IE absolutely nothing like DayZ

Out of the 50 hours in SA so far, I have spent about 10 of those playing "PvE" (on low population PvP servers)  my friends and I play quite happily on a server with no one else doing what we want.

Those other 40 hours have been playing DayZ as the "hero" type killing bandits and helping newbs.  I enjoy DayZ how it is meant to be played one hell of a lot.  but I also see how absolutely awesome just trying to survive in this game would be thanks to its deep and sophisticated survival mechanics.  that exist in NO OTHER GAME.

I have never stated even once that want people to be prevented from being able to harm other players.  find that quote.

Do I have to find a quote? You've spent the entire thread supporting the existence of PvE servers which, by definition, would prevent harm to other players.

Why aren't this type of server allowed? I'm not a massive fan of them, but why are the devs against it? surely people can play however they want? don't you think it's unfair that just because it's not the popular opinion that they aren't allowed? people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

inb4 they shouldnt be allowed because being a carebear is wrong, jesus just let them be. if they're on their own then surely they're not harming anyone else.

The reason i believe has nothing to do with not being able to play this style it is currently there is no private hive servers they are all public. When there are private hive servers they will be able to call them PVE as much as they like but as it stands now and the game is out mostly to test what is currently in the game.

Being as all the servers are public it defeats the purpose of having a PVE server why you ask is it so dificult to understand that one could log into a pve and spend all day happily with these PVE players then when he is fully armed up head over to a pvp server and start the war with gear he got much easier than a guy who spent his day on a pvp server having to watch his butt, move carefully.( just doesnt seem well fair does it??)

Do I have to find a quote? You've spent the entire thread supporting the existence of PvE servers which, by definition, would prevent harm to other players.

you can try if you want to.

--edit--

lets just assume for a moment that I did want to have a server where no one could shoot people. just for arguments sake.  How does that effect you?  Obviously you are not the type of person who is going to want to play on that server, so how does it effect you?

Say I want to have my personal form of PvE server for my group of friends.  How does that effect you?  Obviously you are again not going to want to play on this server, so how does it effect you?

Edited by TemplarGFX
  • Like 1

you can try if you want to.

--edit--

lets just assume for a moment that I did want to have a server where no one could shoot people. just for arguments sake.  How does that effect you?  Obviously you are not the type of person who is going to want to play on that server, so how does it effect you?

Say I want to have my personal form of PvE server for my group of friends.  How does that effect you?  Obviously you are again not going to want to play on this server, so how does it effect you?

Wether it affect you or not doesn't really matter if the game creators don't want it.

No good reason. Would be simple to implement as well. Let people play how they want, if PvE servers are boring there won't be many of them.

I personally would not play on a PvE server but PvE servers would be good for beginners to get used to mechanics of the game without as much frustration.

Edited by lothix

Wether it affect you or not doesn't really matter if the game creators don't want it.

Can you post a link to where one of the developers or Dean stated that there will never be PvE private server options in DayZ SA?

Im not doubting it I just decided to google search for it, and could only find people talking about dean stating this, but I couldn't actually find Dean stating this.

• Like 1

Can you post a link to where one of the developers or Dean stated that there will never be PvE private server options in DayZ SA?

Im not doubting it I just decided to google search for it, and could only find people talking about dean stating this, but I couldn't actually find Dean stating this.

AT THE PRESENT TIME they don't want it.

I don't really gamble on the future personally.

admin of pve server on forum : "why cant we have the freedom to play how we want?"

admin of pve server on his server : "you cannot pvp on this dayz server!"

irony

Ok, can you post a link to that statement please? I would like to read it

I believe a link will not be needed go through the process of getting your own server and the answer will be given to you in the rules and requirements of running said server. (all servers are public currently you can not get a private server at this time as this requires a seperate section of the hive to store your data seperately)

So you can pay to run a public server and as a public server you can NOT set rules on this server wait till the ability to get a private server then you can set what ever rules you see fit be it PVE only or all characters must never wear cloths if thats what ya want.

EDIT there has already been a few servers shut down for what is classed server admin abuse in this case for booting people who didnt adhere to the rules admins set rules which contridicted the rules given to them for running a PUBLIC server...

Edited by SoulFirez

I believe a link will not be needed go through the process of getting your own server and the answer will be given to you in the rules and requirements of running said server. (all servers are public currently you can not get a private server at this time as this requires a seperate section of the hive to store your data seperately)

So you can pay to run a public server and as a public server you can NOT set rules on this server wait till the ability to get a private server then you can set what ever rules you see fit be it PVE only or all characters must never wear cloths if thats what ya want.

I know that you are not allowed now. I have stated so many times.  But read the above posts, do any of them sound like they are saying that it will be possible later once private hives are up?  a few yes.  But the vast majority are stating that Dean hall has explicitly stated that this WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  just read em.

I wanna see what he wrote/said and I cant find it

It should be pointed out that especially at this early stage of development, and the degree to which the devs have chosen to include the community in development, we all have a responsibility to stamp out this dung, this vandalism, this attack on the game. 

• Like 1

The game is both a pve and pvp experience. Get used to it.

when private hives get added, you'll probably see a few NO KOS servers running, but enjoy getting shot on those, because people are going to target those servers.

The best thing people can do is not be retarded and try to find ways to filter out KoS, because it's not going to happen, it's never going to happen. NOBODY cares that you don't like getting shot, stop playing like dickheads and you won't get shot so often.  

PvE servers are for people too stupid to realize that they have to change their way of playing the game in order to survive. 

It doesn't mean you have to shoot everyone on sight, it means you should expect people to shoot you on sight, and then limiting your exposure to people you don't know. If you want to approach someone, do it from a position of strength, where they can't see/shoot you immediately, and you can predict their intentions without simultaneous death. 

if you like PvE servers, that's a shame, because you're never going to be safe from people with guns, get over it, or get out. 

• Like 1

I know that you are not allowed now. I have stated so many times.  But read the above posts, do any of them sound like they are saying that it will be possible later once private hives are up?  a few yes.  But the vast majority are stating that Dean hall has explicitly stated that this WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  just read em.

I wanna see what he wrote/said and I cant find it

Ah my apologies for mis understanding LOL  and what has been linked is indeed rules for current public servers as that is all you can get now.

But anyone telling you in the future of Dayz it will be impossible are well talking shite Rocket has mentioned once private hives go up you will be able to run very different styles of the game to suit the market including modded( eventually ) versions and when that happens again you WILL be able to set rules for said server to almost anything you want now i dont agree with Dayz being a complete pve game but you will indeed with your private hive server ( again once they are available and i doubt that will be any time soon IMO) be allowed to set the rules then regardless of peoples feelings on PVE servers lol

The game is both a pve and pvp experience. Get used to it.

when private hives get added, you'll probably see a few NO KOS servers running, but enjoy getting shot on those, because people are going to target those servers.

The best thing people can do is not be retarded and try to find ways to filter out KoS, because it's not going to happen, it's never going to happen. NOBODY cares that you don't like getting shot, stop playing like dickheads and you won't get shot so often.  

PvE servers are for people too stupid to realize that they have to change their way of playing the game in order to survive. 

It doesn't mean you have to shoot everyone on sight, it means you should expect people to shoot you on sight, and then limiting your exposure to people you don't know. If you want to approach someone, do it from a position of strength, where they can't see/shoot you immediately, and you can predict their intentions without simultaneous death. 

if you like PvE servers, that's a shame, because you're never going to be safe from people with guns, get over it, or get out. 

The people on "no KOS servers" deserve to be punished though don't they? 

• Like 1

Ah my apologies for mis understanding LOL  and what has been linked is indeed rules for current public servers as that is all you can get now.

But anyone telling you in the future of Dayz it will be impossible are well talking shite Rocket has mentioned once private hives go up you will be able to run very different styles of the game to suit the market including modded( eventually ) versions and when that happens again you WILL be able to set rules for said server to almost anything you want now i dont agree with Dayz being a complete pve game but you will indeed with your private hive server ( again once they are available and i doubt that will be any time soon IMO) be allowed to set the rules then regardless of peoples feelings on PVE servers lol

Thanks for listening to me and understanding. then replying without treating me like im some form of plague

So it is a PvP game? There are many other games to play if you want a pvp experience.

Why add zombies, why have starvation, dehydration, all this pve stuff?

If you are asking the question, you clearly haven't understood what DayZ is.