ianaconda

Bicycle Suggestions/Discussion [Official]

You guys are all dicks. Seriously, after reading these posts I'm a little saddened at the complete lack of any respect or even just a normal conversation! The guy made a suggestion (a little bit of a bitchy one at that) and you all jump down his throat like Dean Hall's mother. Seriously, especially kichilron. If he's wrong, you don't have to fuckin insult the guy.

I mean shit, why are you guys even on the suggestion board? Just to tell people their ideas are stupid?

Never been dick to him. Just trying to explain the situation. Even after it is being said that the bicycles are coming in soon, there are several reasons why not put broken stuff into game to satisfy players temporarily.

Anyone I have played the mod with from the early days bought the SA, played it a bit and made a unanimous "meh...".  You'd do well to remove your noses from Dean's butt hole, that won't improve anything, although I am not sure that the game can be saved at this point.

Seems like Dean has given up on the game himself, based on interviews he has given since the SA released. He has already made his excuses and got his escape plan sorted. He's also said that the game will never be as good as he wanted it to be. That bummed a lot of people out...

The mod was a lot of fun until the hackers came in, server hopping, and then the item duping with tents... the survival became stale when you learnt how to get geared up and were left with nothing else to do...

As pointed out by other people in this thread, because military loot is no longer procedural (like the chopper crashes sites in the mod were to an extent), it's just the same old, same old.

Run through featureless countryside for 30-45 minutes, get geared up and....Nothing to do now. Shoot the odd broken zed. Murder players for no other reason but to make the game less boring...Which is usually how I die in the SA, because saying "Friendly" doesn't mean anything apparently. Then you have to rinse and repeat. The game is mostly running through featureless countryside. That isn't even a game.

The game had a ton of potential, but the SA has failed to capture what made the mod great, but that is also the result of it's massive popularity and the general mentality of the players and community.

Until they actually fix the zeds clipping through walls and objects, the game is trash anyway. Has there been any official word on what is preventing that fix?

The fact that the most glaring issues of the mod have yet to be fixed is fairly frustrating.

Edited by soapmak3r

I am just sick of all the DayZ SA apologists. You are not helping the game get any better by blindly defending the devs and their continual excuse of "It's not our fault, the engine blah blah blah..." QQ

They keep adding in new stuff without fixing what is already broken like zombies clipping through walls and objects. A bug that has existed since the beginning of the mod.

Players don't clip through walls and objects, so why is it so hard to make zombies obey the same rule? Is the engine really that broken? Then the game is doomed.

Rocket himself said just after reaping all the money from the alpha launch that the game would never be as good as he envisioned...Then he announced that he would jump ship. This doesn't sound to me like he has much confidence in their ability to make a good game to me. Sounds like he has his money and can't wait to wash his hands of it.

If you would add ''colliders'' to zombies they would walk against walls and not walk around them -_-  

You have been warned atleast 3 times that it's pre alpha and that it is full of bugs before you can buy the game, rocket didn't quit he just doesn't lead the project he still comes with ideas, plus the team has doubled.

The engine is not optimized to say the least, just to name one thing is the extreme polygon count on every object in the scene.

The game will get better but complaining in the mean time isn't gonna help.

The clothes are added to keep the people happy while there working on the more important stuff, also we need more clothes.

Anyone I have played the mod with from the early days bought the SA, played it a bit and made a unanimous "meh...".  You'd do well to remove your noses from Dean's butt hole, that won't improve anything, although I am not sure that the game can be saved at this point.

Seems like Dean has given up on the game himself, based on interviews he has given since the SA released. He has already made his excuses and got his escape plan sorted. He's also said that the game will never be as good as he wanted it to be. That bummed a lot of people out...

The mod was a lot of fun until the hackers came in, server hopping, and then the item duping with tents... the survival became stale when you learnt how to get geared up and were left with nothing else to do...

As pointed out by other people in this thread, because military loot is no longer procedural (like the chopper crashes sites in the mod were to an extent), it's just the same old, same old.

Run through featureless countryside for 30-45 minutes, get geared up and....Nothing to do now. Shoot the odd broken zed. Murder players for no other reason but to make the game less boring...Which is usually how I die in the SA, because saying "Friendly" doesn't mean anything apparently. Then you have to rinse and repeat. The game is mostly running through featureless countryside. That isn't even a game.

The game had a ton of potential, but the SA has failed to capture what made the mod great, but that is also the result of it's massive popularity and the general mentality of the players and community.

Until they actually fix the zeds clipping through walls and objects, the game is trash anyway. Has there been any official word on what is preventing that fix?

The fact that the most glaring issues of the mod have yet to be fixed is fairly frustrating.

It's pre-alpha -_-

It seems like paraolympics here, no offence for people with disability.

SA isn't a copy of mod. If you expected it to be a copy of it, you should be disappointed. Mod still exists, why not play it rather than complain how SA fails to copy the Mod? It is not like the complaining would matter, SA won't be like Mod and I, personally, am happy for that.

So, please, pull your nose out of your own butthole and look around. People who were waiting for Standalone to come out - I'd say majority - didn't want another mod. They wanted something new. Something more focused on survival which is key feature in SA as for now. They didn't want to build skyscrapers out of HESCOs or fly Venoms or nuke Elektro to kill all the bambies. I, at least, did not want that. I am extremely happy what the SA has now and I am patient enough to wait for what will be added. My experience with it - I couldn't compare it to mod because the mod couldn't deliver such experience in a year that SA did in a day.

So, please, if you would be so nice and stop whining about lack of bicycles and other random things such as too much clothing. People, who work with modeling items, don't work with collision issues with zombies. It is being worked on hopefully and will be fixed (hopefully). If you don't like the game, please don't play it.

Edited by SGT. Kalme

I don't understand where people are getting this idea that once vehicles are added they won't have to walk any more... In DayZ mod there were 2 bikes per server, and that was with 40-60 slot servers.

• Like 4

*turns on computer to play DayZ* Oh DayZ has a new update, let me check the change log while it downloads. "Thanks to a genius idea from one of our many Alpha testers we have decided to add Arma 2 bikes into the Standalone until furhter notice" Sweet bikes! *spawns in DayZ, aquires a gun, food, ammo, backpack, then with a twist of luck finds a bike by the road* Oh cool i found one!! *gets on the bike and proceeds to fly 15 feet into the air and get stuck* Wait what?.. *tries to get off the bike but falls 15 feet then gets teleported back up and falls again in an endless loop* Fucking stupid bikes

This is an idea of what would happen if you got your bikes

DayZ Next update:

ET_Moon.jpg

Seriously, especially kichilron. If he's wrong, you don't have to fuckin insult the guy.

Can you point me in the direction of where I have insulted anyone? I was the one trying to be professional here. I was merely trying to get a discussion up and was ignored with all of my points so far. If anything he's the one insulting us and frankly doesn't do anything to get a discussion up:

You'd do well to remove your noses from Dean's butt hole, that won't improve anything, although I am not sure that the game can be saved at this point.

I mean shit, why are you guys even on the suggestion board? Just to tell people their ideas are stupid?

As with any suggestion, there needs to be a discussion about it. And this discussion thus far was about his suggestion already being in the making and that he just needs to be patient.

If you can't engage in a discussion with valid arguments and without respect for others bringing up valid arguments that would speak against your suggestion, you needn't post in the first place. This goes for everyone.

Edited by kichilron

I don't understand where people are getting this idea that once vehicles are added they won't have to walk any more... In DayZ mod there were 2 bikes per server, and that was with 40-60 slot servers.

Actaully each server had a minimum of 16 bikes, but a few days online brough that down to two that aren't dysfunction or hidden.

They get the idea from 80% of servers being *800Vechs, M249 on spawn, 50 Helis, auto-refuel/auto-repair* Which the SA will NOT be like. At first, there will probably be around twenty bikes per server for testing, but i doubt they'll be on the coast. You'll still have to run to Cherno or even Zeleno to find one, especially since players will hoard them in the woods.

Actaully each server had a minimum of 16 bikes, but a few days online brough that down to two that aren't dysfunction or hidden.

They get the idea from 80% of servers being *800Vechs, M249 on spawn, 50 Helis, auto-refuel/auto-repair* Which the SA will NOT be like. At first, there will probably be around twenty bikes per server for testing, but i doubt they'll be on the coast. You'll still have to run to Cherno or even Zeleno to find one, especially since players will hoard them in the woods.

I'm referring to the official DayZ mod a la main hive, not the modified private versions.

I'm referring to the official DayZ mod a la main hive, not the modified private versions.

I know. Look it up, theres over a dozen bikes.

I also know this for a fact - me and my clan had 6 bikes at our base once.

I know. Look it up, theres over a dozen bikes.

I also know this for a fact - me and my clan had 6 bikes at our base once.

There are 8 pedalbikes on the average vanilla server :)

AmcECJX.jpg

Edited by kichilron

I get that you are working on getting vehicles back into the game, but in the meantime, couldn't you put the old bikes back so that it isn't such a mind-numbing grind to get where you want to go on the map?

kid

All of us know perfectly, that developers will add bicycles first of all.

here's my suggestion.

1. more widespread:(slow, little passable)

1.hvz B110 progress 

46beb108934bbf51877cc5756bf08642.jpg

2. Kama 113-613     

1475c714e5b8aae853c1def4b3a9f79c.jpg

2. middle widespread:(very rapid on an asphalt, but not passable on the lack of roads.)

1. keirin-style  

8aa3046f9f58e8125a9c25567a3c91f0.jpg

3.very rare (rapid and passable everywhere)

1.Norco Charger 9.3 

1b792f435ba438ac5725f268f0ed7618.jpg

that do you think of it?

• Like 7

This is a great idea..having the old fasinoned bikes and having moutain bikes which can go a little faster on rough terrian is a must in my eyes....great post...have a tine on me :beans:

• Like 1

What about bmx's in the towns as well as loads of kids own bmx

In post-soviet Chernarus, bmx own you!

• Like 1

What about bmx's in the towns as well as loads of kids own bmx

Yes I thought about it, but I think it will be useless as a transportation movement, as in real life. (for tricks)

Yes I thought about it, but I think it will be useless as a transportation movement, as in real life. (for tricks)

HEY! I rode a bmx to work when my car was in the garage lol but suppose riding a we the people zodiac is probably better than most- I do a lot of bmx ing and it's alright, when base building and stuff goes in tho it would be cool to use build a ramp and stuff maybe a half pipe :D

I've been waiting for bikes for quite awhile... But I think I'll keep waiting....

By the time they have bikes, I'll finally be where I need to go :3

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear

Thought this was already confirmed, it was on the DAYZ dev on facebook or whatever it was quite awhile ago, so...

merging :3

Yes if you read the guy said quite clearly we all know there coming he was thinking of designs and how fast etc..... Idiot!

Yes if you read the guy said quite clearly we all know there coming he was thinking of designs and how fast etc..... Idiot!

When did you get this? I changed it right after I posted it, you sneaky little bugger...

When did you get this? I changed it right after I posted it, you sneaky little bugger...

Hahaha I got an email straight away mate ;) and I love correcting people instantly.... Think of me as a sort of hamster on cocaine speed replier

when base building and stuff goes in tho it would be cool to use build a ramp and stuff maybe a half pipe :D

dayz-dead-600x3002.jpg?w=290