Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

Mauser C96

C96   

188 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a C96 of any model included in the game?

• Yes, how could you not?
    • On the fence, possibly very late in development (bottom of weapon priority)
    • No, definitely not.
  2. 2. What sort of C96 model do you think would be appropriate.

• Original 7.63x25mm
    • The 9mm parabellum 'Red 9' version
    • Shanxi Type 17 .45 ACP 'Chinese copy'
    • 7.62×25mm to share ammo with Tokarev. (Just added)
    • Other, post in comments.
  3. 3. What sort of modifications would you like to see for the C96?

• Buttstock & Holster.
    • Attachable scope mount and scope.
    • Improvised bayonet (anything light and jabby as well as duct tape).
    • Improvised suppressor (oil filter and duct tape or bottles, cans and tubes stuffed with rags).
    • Other, explain in comments.
    • None.

God no, why do people want every known ww2 weapon in this game? Lets just stick to the soviet bloc & modern guns please, if you want your fucking ww2 fix go get it somewhere else, the lee enfield in the mod was a huge fuckin immersion breaker for me, wtf is a british ww2 rifle doing in a ex-soviet state?

Only ww2 weapons that would make sense to add to this game would be the nagant revolver, tokarev  and MAYBE ppsh41, they fit the geographical location, they were mass produced by the millions and are still very much around in huge surpluses, unlike some ww1 era german pistol.

Edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

People use what is lying around and there are definitely C96's around, no one ever said that they should be everywhere of course it would be rare but people want varity. The Mauser has been used by multiple countries including russia. The Lee enfield was explained in arma if you played it, they were a surplus of weapons given to the rebels if I remember correctly.

Hell if later they added a middle eastern map they could add Stg-44's or in this map. A large surplus of Stg's were recently found in the middle east and the ammo is still being produced there so it would probaly work there. The reason its acceptable to have weapons from ww1 or ww2 , they were exactly that massive world war's with a large amount of weapons built, used and lost.

• Like 1

The lee enfield in the mod was a huge fuckin immersion breaker for me, wtf is a british ww2 rifle doing in a ex-soviet state?

Do you forget about Lend Lease that brought British guns to the Soviets? Or the Solvent-Afgan war Lee-Enfield bring backs? Do some research.

Only ww2 weapons that would make sense to add to this game would be the nagant revolver, tokarev  and MAYBE ppsh41, they fit the geographical location, they were mass produced by the millions and are still very much around in huge surpluses, unlike some ww1 era german pistol.

As stated before the Soviets were not above taking trophy guns. The C96 was used by Waffen SS and thus would be a coveted collector's item.

• Like 1

I would like to see an Mp5/Mp7 a Dragunow and Beretta Pistols. And for your gun: 9mm parabellum-bullets should be implemented by all means, therefore I`d say the second type.

Edited by taxi driver

I would like to see an Mp5/Mp7 a Dragunow and Beretta Pistols. And for your gun: 9mm parabellum-bullets should be implemented by all means, therefore I`d say the second type.

I would definitely like to see a SVD (Draganov).

MP5 maybe, MP7 is a nice gun but not as nice as the C96 so it would be a maybe as well.

I would definitely like to see a SVD (Draganov).

MP5 maybe, MP7 is a nice gun but not as nice as the C96 so it would be a maybe as well.

An MP7 would suit perfectly to that "medic-kind-of-guy", every group should have one. Other weps: a bow, X-bow or tranquilizer gun.

Also:

- Police-Outfit (if you`re geared up, that you dont have necessarily to be green)

- KevlarVest/Bulletproof vest, so that you can walk around in a T-shirt and got some protection too

- Trapper Outfit (leather stuff, ten-gallon-hat,...) a bow/xbow would suit to this guy.

- Contagion gear

- Gear of the "chernarus liberaltion army" or other underground-movement-stuff.

Edited by taxi driver
  • Like 1

I do like the new MP7's but I think I like the older MP5 more, I really hope a Škorpion is added in, it bothered me you couldn't find one in the official Mod.

• Like 1

The MP7 have anemic rounds designed for the specific purpose of defeating a certain type of body armor. H&K claims the performance against unarmored targets, with hollow points, are comparable to 9x19 ammo. The difference is that the typical weight of a 9x19 defensive hollow point is four to five times higher. Plus the MP7 ammo would likely be really rare, with little or no commercial spread of 4.6x30mm.

Bring in AKS-74U, G36C or some other compact 5.45/5.56 carbines instead.

• Like 1

Hey Norris, I was doing some reading yesterday and came across some passages in the book which reminded me of this thread.

Switzerland:

"Firing trials ended in Switzerland on 28th November 1898... the Bergmann No.5 and the Mauser C/96 had failed..."

The Netherlands:

"...the earliest trials were undertaken in March 1900... The Mauser [was] rejected in favour of the Luger..."

Germany:

"Reports of the trials with the C/96 were eventually submitted to the war ministry... trials with the C/96 had been discouraging... Mauser persistently stalled proceedings... increasing disaffection with the C/96 led to greater interest in the Luger..."

Great Britain:

"The Mauser C/96... [was] rejected as unsuitable for military service."

Heheheh. I chuckled a bit.

Germany, Russia, China, Turkey, Mexico, Finland, Italy, Ottoman Empire, Spain, Hungry, Brazil, and even Britain used them in limited numbers.

Mostly Germany, China and Russia.

• Like 1

I would rather see an APS Though. Fitted with the stock and suppressor, It would be a deadly pistol with common ammo. 

Rather rare, though.

dsc0003fwj.jpg27th_Independent_Sevastopol_Guards_Motor

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 2

Sounds good but after they add other guns that fit the setting first.

Makarov needs to be the next pistol.

• Like 1

Hey Norris, I was doing some reading yesterday and came across some passages in the book which reminded me of this thread.

Switzerland:"Firing trials ended in Switzerland on 28th November 1898... the Bergmann No.5 and the Mauser C/96 had failed..."

The Netherlands:"...the earliest trials were undertaken in March 1900... The Mauser [was] rejected in favour of the Luger..."

Germany:"Reports of the trials with the C/96 were eventually submitted to the war ministry... trials with the C/96 had been discouraging... Mauser persistently stalled proceedings... increasing disaffection with the C/96 led to greater interest in the Luger..."

Great Britain:"The Mauser C/96... [was] rejected as unsuitable for military service."

Heheheh. I chuckled a bit.

Shuddup Gews, was just 3 years after the first semi automatic pistol.

>:( the C96 is 10,000,000 times sexier than any other gun.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

It will be a cool gun to have in game because of the attachments ie scope and stock.tumblr_m7knq8QMzl1r0n310o1_500.jpg

m m m merging... we love the c96

• Like 1

m m m merging... we love the c96

Ohhhh, yes.

It will be a cool gun to have in game because of the attachments ie scope and stock.tumblr_m7knq8QMzl1r0n310o1_500.jpg

Perfect example of the sort of customisation the C96 has.

I'd like to see one in 9mm or .45. The 7.63 mauser round is just too rare to be useful. Why add a caliber for just one gun? It'd be a fun feature though if they did include this, that if you tried to to load 7.62 tokarev ammo into it, it would burst, with the possibility of killing the user. How do you feel about detachable magazines, especially machine pistol variants? I'd love to see a 9mm or .45 version with a big old box mag and full auto. I'd be like DOCTOR ROCKZO. KA KA KAYEAH.

• Like 1

I'd like to see one in 9mm or .45. The 7.63 mauser round is just too rare to be useful. Why add a caliber for just one gun? It'd be a fun feature though if they did include this, that if you tried to to load 7.62 tokarev ammo into it, it would burst, with the possibility of killing the user. How do you feel about detachable magazines, especially machine pistol variants? I'd love to see a 9mm or .45 version with a big old box mag and full auto. I'd be like DOCTOR ROCKZO. KA KA KAYEAH.

Uhhh... no. It wouldn't burst. It would have a Very, very slight decrease in accuracy.  During WWII the Germans used 7.63 in Tokarevs and Russian SMGs, and when the Germans captured 7.62 stocks they were of course used in C96's. Most C96's used Post-WWII have been loaded with 7.62x25 becuase it is extremly plentiful and cheap.

And in Chernarus, where 7.62x25 would be widely used... 

It also adds a huge chance of the Tokarev being added if another gun can share it's ammo. 

Ontop of that, the Majority of C96's were 7.63

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 1

I'm fine with either 9mm or maybe 7.62/ 7.63 I would honestly prefer the Red 9 though, .45 in my mind is a bolo kind of copy which to me seems un preferable.

Now that 9mm is in the game it doesn't seem as silly.

I actually hate that they've added the M1911 >:( can't exactly say why, I've always kinda liked the gun.

I suppose this is just jealousy as it should be my silly semi unfitting gun in the game.

I would always prefer to see guns I've barely seen before in the game though, instead of the usual FPS popular guns like AK vs AKM argument and the M4, colt python.

Seems to me the artists are adding whatever the hell they please, minus a couple like the Ruger, Blaze, CZ-75.

Is all Python, M4 and M1911 before Makarov, AKM, Nagant Revolver.

Grinds my gears in the strangest of ways, anybody else getting this?

In real Apocalypse world u find any weapons to use!