Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Great work, finally releasing the rubberbanding patch. Since first Post of this Patch i had rly bad Issues, Ping, clipping to death throug walls and all of this shit and now it works, thx ^^

For next Update pls add finally the Pumpgun. Its stupid, findig so many ammo for this, but the Weapons dont exist ^^

I hope to read soon of more zombies (3-5 on the whole map is hilarious for an Zombie Apocalypse Game ^^) and better, balanced Loot System with respawn, which wil make the damn Server hopper away ^^

rubberbanding  is still on , ( 1-2 Meter teleporting but it's ok ) and you guys really need to fix this randomly death , annoying as hell , i had about 300-400 ammo for M4 and 30 ammo for magnum and ofc the fnx but i died cause i was drinking water ^^

433 posts and a link for Bambi's in your signature, but you say something like that?...

We'll I was just curious as to why why previous supposedly dead character killed my current character.

Looking on the temporary roadmap for 2014 makes me wonder when we will see the zombie collision problems fixed. Is it being worked on by the same people that are working on the server architecture stuff or is it a different team ? 

Well with the amount of funds that have been generated thus far, we hope that Rocket will avoid taking further vacations away from the development team and hire some extra talent to get the game pushed out quicker and with more polish ;)

I remember seeing in the month roundup that they found why the zombies were walking through walls, I wonder why they didn't fix it

Then wait just 30 seconds for loggging out timer and don't disconnect your internet or anything, so you don't spawn character dummy.

PS.

Combat timer is bullshit, lot's of people log out before any shots are fired, they see that someone spotted them first or they are not in adventage position so puff they log out without entering any combat. And that's combat log we need to fix with log out timer.

Hmmm... how about people where the service provider has issues, or we had a situation like last night where DayZ caused my friends computer to reboot while at the Airfield. We had just taken out 2 really well stocked guys (ammo cans and medic kits galore). All we had was one 30-round clip for an M4 and one .45 with one clip. He was looting one of the guys, but then he dropped from Skype. Battleye then said he timed out, I heard shots in the area my friend was at, noticed someone else was there, took him out, only to hear my friend contacting me on skype again to hear a "NOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm at the beach!" and when I walk up, I see three bodies, one of which was his.

He didn't want to log, he and I didn't even know the other guy was there... Funny thing is, right before we killed those two guys, the server had just rebooted. When I killed some guy that was REALLY REALLY stacked with stuff, and I mean, some really nice loot, silencers and massive amounts of ammo, I started doing runs and offloading stuff so when my buddy got back we'd have a stockpile to re-outfit him. Well... the server rebooted again.

My guess is that I took out an admin and he watched me unloading my backpack and pockets on an rcon interface maybe? Got pissed and rebooted the server? I mean... the server just rebooted, what's the chance the server would reboot again...? What can we do against that?!?

rubberbanding  is still on , ( 1-2 Meter teleporting but it's ok ) and you guys really need to fix this randomly death , annoying as hell , i had about 300-400 ammo for M4 and 30 ammo for magnum and ofc the fnx but i died cause i was drinking water ^^

You were probably sniped , the sounds are now bugged  so you didnt heared bullet.

Well with the amount of funds that have been generated thus far, we hope that Rocket will avoid taking further vacations away from the development team and hire some extra talent to get the game pushed out quicker and with more polish ;)

Hmmm... I don't honestly know how many are working on the game already... but think about the fact that each person, to have a fair salary, would be making around 50 to 60K.

That means he'd have about 12 people right? How much did they make from the Steam sales? 800K? That wouldn't even include incidentals like the PC's, monitors, office equipment, licenses for all the software (Maya/3DSMax/Photoshop ain't cheap you know), then (if they're working in an office) bills need to be paid for the utilities, rent needs to be paid for the space, ISP's need to be bribed, etc...

I think they're doing just fine. Personally I think they really made the game cost prohibitive and could have reached WAY more people if the price point was lower. After all, it is an alpha product. To charge $30 is pretty outrageous to some and probably alienated a lot of additional players. (I mean... I'm old school and played the original Wasteland and loved it... did you guys see the $59.99 pricetag for Wasteland 2 and it is an alpha??? I certainly wouldn't pay that for an alpha, and so those guys lost out on my $$$)

If they'd have done their research, they'd know that Gabe Newell said in a statement from like 2010 or 2009 that when they discounted a game on a sale by 75% they saw a 3000% increase in profit off the game than if it was full price... sometimes the logic of publishers/developers kills me...

Hmmm... I don't honestly know how many are working on the game already... but think about the fact that each person, to have a fair salary, would be making around 50 to 60K.

That means he'd have about 12 people right? How much did they make from the Steam sales? 800K? That wouldn't even include incidentals like the PC's, monitors, office equipment, licenses for all the software (Maya/3DSMax/Photoshop ain't cheap you know), then (if they're working in an office) bills need to be paid for the utilities, rent needs to be paid for the space, ISP's need to be bribed, etc...

I think they're doing just fine. Personally I think they really made the game cost prohibitive and could have reached WAY more people if the price point was lower. After all, it is an alpha product. To charge $30 is pretty outrageous to some and probably alienated a lot of additional players. (I mean... I'm old school and played the original Wasteland and loved it... did you guys see the $59.99 pricetag for Wasteland 2 and it is an alpha??? I certainly wouldn't pay that for an alpha, and so those guys lost out on my $$$)

If they'd have done their research, they'd know that Gabe Newell said in a statement from like 2010 or 2009 that when they discounted a game on a sale by 75% they saw a 3000% increase in profit off the game than if it was full price... sometimes the logic of publishers/developers kills me...

Writing on Reddit, creator Dean “Rocket” Hall said he would have considered 250,000 sales in three months a success.

“So to move nearly 800,000 in under a month is crazy,” he said, revealing the latest sales figures.

That+s 800k times 30 bux. 24 million zembonies. Btw, they need a way bigger team of devs and to increase the price of the game when it enters beta. Too many cheaters have no fear of getting busted as it is now. 80 bux for a single copy would be a fair starting price and then maybe a few weapon dlcs too for a 100$ total.

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

Writing on Reddit, creator Dean “Rocket” Hall said he would have considered 250,000 sales in three months a success.

“So to move nearly 800,000 in under a month is crazy,” he said, revealing the latest sales figures.

That+s 800k times 30 bux. 24 million zembonies. Btw, they need a way bigger team of devs and to increase the price of the game when it enters beta. Too many cheaters have no fear of getting busted as it is now. 80 bux for a single copy would be a fair starting price and then maybe a few weapon dlcs too for a 100$ total.

Weapon DLC's? Are you on heroin?

• Like 5

There are some hackers on the "No fapping in the woods" server right now. they were teleporting everywhere and lifting me up and carrying me around. Not sure where else to report this?

Woohoo! First post! Hey devs! I'm new to DayZ and never played the mod version. A friend of mine decided he'd get me the standalone (non-mod) version and so far, it looks like you're on the right track for something really fun and epic. I wish I had played the original mod and plan on getting Arma II, but for now, am focused on trying to help you guys out with making this standalone version better. 

Rubberbanding isn't gone nor is it any better :)

I was looking at a fridge earlier, tried to move two steps to get a glimpse of the wall behind it and the shelf next to it and I found myself falling to my death outside the building... :*(

Enough with the BS'ing... , on to the question!

Can you guys share with us what is happening on your end that's causing the rubberbanding and what steps you're using to try and combat it? I haven't torn the game code apart yet to find the differing changes you guys are making in attempts to fix it. Considering you're having so many issues with this, have you looked into the IO for the game running on these public servers in that, maybe the issue being intermittent is potentially due to the game being run on shared resources. Sure, blocking CPU/RAM/Storage is pretty easy, but internal IO on other games designed similarly have rendered them unplayable.

Maybe we as a community can help you guys find the answer?

I realize you guys are the pros at this, but it's worked with other developers :)

I would guess the rubberbanding is a function of the SERVER/CLIENT fps (not to be confused with video FPS)...

Remember, the gutting of the engine to remove all scripting capability, made the client 'dumb', as it it has to get 'permission' from the server to perform any action (this is the 'main' defense against hackers, which are more aptly named 'script-kiddies).

The rubberbanding is the server getting confused over what the 'client' is saying it is doing (you having the client on your computer playing).

kinda like this example... Im in Kemenka and want to run to Balota. everything looks good to me on my screen, and I run 200m. Then the server says "wait, I don't remember you being 'there' you belong back here", and the server 'forces' you back to where it thinks you should be.

example 2... you're running up some steps in a building. you have had your finger on 'w' for 15 seconds running, turning etc. a loss somewhere between a frame from the server and your client while you reach the top of the stairs and stop. The server the relies on the 'last action' it knew you were doing and thinks you should be 5 meters in front of where you actually are and throws you through the wall outside the building, where you fall to your death.

Server 'ping' has nothing (directly) to do with the problem (although can affect the severity of the problem). It is the server FPS thats the issue.

Weapon DLC's? Are you on heroin?

I want a weapon in my pants other than my main weapon in the pants for when I spawn fresh. This is just for protection against the adolescents bandits that like to team up and mess with naked people. Every man has a right to protect himself from abuse of the type of scum that roam Dayz lands like ravenous packs of hyenas

No such thing as "random deaths", guys. I'm playing this game for hours without being killed. I know for sure, there are NO ONE around me because I am the one who sniping them. There is no such thing as random deaths.

Edited by Bestburg
  • Like 1

looks like hicks and crew nearly have a PBO fix done https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/420870856936415232

cool thats a nice fix when its done and will please many people B)

Yes.. the usual DayZ "let's glue the parts with spit". I'm not sure who behind this "exotic" solutions.

(you can load the game without; wait for the error; put the files back in place; rejoin the server.. and bingo.. same result as before)

• Like 1

I want a weapon in my pants other than my main weapon in the pants for when I spawn fresh. This is just for protection against the adolescents bandits that like to team up and mess with naked people. Every man has a right to protect himself from abuse of the type of scum that roam Dayz lands like ravenous packs of hyenas

Dude, I don't understand how you can be so far off of the point of this game. I'm going to make a leap of faith and say that DayZ will NEVER have microtransactions, of any sort. Doing so would kill the game faster than a script kiddie that learned how to nuke the map.

• Like 7

No such thing as "random deaths", guys. I'm playing this game for hours without being killed. I know for sure, there are NO ONE around me because I am the one who sniping them. There is no such thing as random deaths.

Well, I could have believed you untill 5 minutes ago, I was walking inside a building I already cleared, I was on the second floor crouching so it couldn't be trough the window or anything. Almost everything pristine quality - and suddenly my screen is black and apparently I'm dead... Luckily I don't attach to gear easily but man this character had it all.

I wouldn't mind being sniped down but this was just a bummer :(

i notice something weird since i've tried to start the game minutes ago: the game starts, however there is a massive "lag" if you may say so the moment i try to confirm the alpha notice. i can't press anything in the menu: either the game responds a minute later or nothing happens at all. i can't play the game basically (need to alt+F4 it). i didn't change anything since yesterday. it's really weird...

edit:  oh maybe because steam gets DDoSed again ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

There is, you can die from stairs, ladders, lag through walls, walking over rocks etc etc..  =)

However, rubber-banding seems to be completely gone for me, or I'm just lucky. Great job nonetheless!

Edited by Wh1spY

Yeah there is. I died on am empty AU server while in a house---alone. Your Dead it said.

Edited by Good Greef

I

I didn't realize it was 800K units. I heard the news from a friend of mine, maybe I misunderstood. But, if he moved that much I could definitely see a faster development cycle, however, people do need to be trained. I think the easy stuff is done... coding is not so easy. Modeling/Textures... little easier imo.

can someone please explain what exactly "rubberbanding" is ?