scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

Would probably want an intervention over an AS-50 but... If it's going to be super rare and doesn't serve a vital experimental experience for the devs (weapon attachments) then it doesn't need to be in the game early.

AS-50 should be added and 50 cal barrett as well... but, you can only fire these weapons when lying down. No run and shoot with these big boys.

Since the Ruger 1022 is almost all but confirmed how about a bolt action more accurate .22lr.

I suggest the Ruger American Rimfire

RARF-01-4d353a1c7c911b97-660x171.jpg

The 100% American-made Ruger American Rimfire™ bolt-action rifle builds on the enormous success of the centerfire Ruger American Rifle®. With many of the standard Ruger American Rifle® features, this new line also combines several design innovations from the popular 10/22® rimfire rifle. This combination, along with the rifle's adaptability, appeals to bolt-action enthusiasts - whether young or old, novice or experienced.

Reason why this would a good option for a bolt action .22 lr is because it takes the same magazines that the ruger 1022 does.

ruger-american-rimfire-22lr-4.jpg

Every gun in existence, ever. With accordant spawn-rates and what-not. 

And despite all "teh h8's", I still want a Kriss Super V.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Being late to the party, but I think this poll might get things a bit backwards. Adding to many high tier weapons will cause it to stray from the survival vision of scarcity. When I get shot, I want to get shot by someone who needs my gear to survive, not because he is bored and think it is a good idea at the time. Further, fights with slow firing weapons poses a higher risk for the attacker, which in turn might cut back a bit on the random shootings.

I missed the poll, but I would definitely like to see a lot more of the ex-soviet weapons. Guns like the VZ58 are very popular with civilians (like here in Canada), because you can't own a full on AK in many places. Plus it fits the setting.

Smaller bolt action and common ranch/hunting rifles would be cool in various calibers that make sense. I'd feel much more like a survivor with a .270 running iron sights than a Kriss Vector with ten mags and an ACOG, but everyone likes toys to work towards. :P

AS-50 should be added and 50 cal barrett as well... but, you can only fire these weapons when lying down. No run and shoot with these big boys.

You can fire them standing, just don't expect to hit anything smaller than a house at 50m.

I don't think we need any long range semi auto snipers at the moment though.

Anything bigger than local hunting cartridges should be super rare, and the guns aswell.

I mean like 1000hrs on average before you will find one.

But don't add anything that is meant to be really rare untill all the bugs for duping and such are done.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

Sako6.5_2.jpg

Let the fins play!, Sako Bavarian in 6.5mm swede

Can I just say that your gun looks absolutely stunning. If it were a girl I'd go all squeamish and run away due to shyness 

• Like 1

^ Having seen that, I'm wondering... are there plans to add attachable weapon straps? Would be nice to be able to drop your gun and just have it hang while you're running. Slight decrease in speed, but faster to get it back in hand when you need quick access to it.

I missed the poll, but I would definitely like to see a lot more of the ex-soviet weapons. Guns like the VZ58 are very popular with civilians (like here in Canada), because you can't own a full on AK in many places. Plus it fits the setting.

Smaller bolt action and common ranch/hunting rifles would be cool in various calibers that make sense. I'd feel much more like a survivor with a .270 running iron sights than a Kriss Vector with ten mags and an ACOG, but everyone likes toys to work towards. :P

And then you get that lucky helicopter-crash and with your trusty .270 defeat the bandits at the crash-site and take the legendary high-tech gear, while still holding onto Ol' Faithful.

Already closed? I just saw this :o

Next time keep the survey at least for a week so people can hear about this but if the poll was pretty clear then I don't mind.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3

Even if the survey is closed, you can put some wishes here.

Such beautiful rifles..

34qocoh.jpg

Edited by gregor
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lee make it back into the game, come to think of it... shitty thing that it was, some of my best kills were made with that gun :D

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lee make it back into the game, come to think of it... shitty thing that it was, some of my best kills were made with that gun :D

Mosin replaces it no ?

Some unconventional weapons would be cool. Slingshot, moltov cocktail, taser, tranquillizer darts/rifle, spears, sledge hammers, pick axes, chains, flamethrower, machete, blowgun.

Mosin replaces it no ?

I've never actually found a mosin (think they were in Origins, and haven't looked around enough in the standalone), so you're probably right.

I was thinking slingshot, though when I first thought of it it seemed a bit of a long stretch... wouldn't deal enough damage, and wouldn't deal any damage at all to someone with armour on. Having said that, if you're hunting around in the early game and you find someone without a helmet on, it wouldn't be a bad way to knock them out...

I currently own a Mil Thunder 5.  Its a .45 Colt revolver that also shoots .410 shotgun shells.  Its a beast for home defense which is why I have one.  Could we see a variant of this added like a Thunder 5, Governor, or Judge?!

DSC05095.JPG

Edited by Bohannan

Is there any chance for adding flare guns? It would be nice piece to use in emergency situation (when lost at night between the woods etc.) 

• Like 1

I currently own a Mil Thunder 5.  Its a .45 Colt revolver that also shoots .410 shotgun shells.  Its a beast for home defense which is why I have one.  Could we see a variant of this added like a Thunder 5, Governor, or Judge?!

The Eastern equivalents are the OTs-20 and the Udar.

1274204357.jpg

ots20.jpg

• Like 1

It's probably been said before, but I'd really like to see a version of the 1911 make it into the game.  Also some form of Glock (especially .40 cal).

Both are widely popular, so it makes sense to find them.  Another use for .45 ACP, and an entirely new caliber of ammunition.  Something like 78% of American law enforcement use .40 S&W.  So I could see them being around :)

Even if the survey is closed, you can put some wishes here.

Such beautiful rifles..

34qocoh.jpg

These guns are true beauties, yes.

But i still prefer the Winchester 1866 yellowboy, the good old western gun and revolvers.

We already have the magnum, which i really like, but maybe something that shoots faster, like fanning the Single Action Army.

There are a small number of weapons either in planning phase, in development, or finished, awaiting animations/configging.  However, according to the results of the poll, while the items in progress are items the wider community has demonstrated it does want, it does not want them most of all.  I was surprised, for example, to find (and I'll use this example since the double barrel shotgun has been made public) that people had a 2:1 preference for a pump action shotgun over the double barrel (full size and sawed off). 

However, at this point it is unreasonable to drop everything we're doing or have planned for the double barrel shotty and start working again on the Remington 870 (we have already shown one in progress at Gamescom, if I'm not mistaken).  Therefore, I'm afraid that if I do release the results and it does not appear that we are implementing the exact wishes in the same timetable suggested by the results of the poll, people will become resentful. On the other hand, if we do adopt a 'govern-by-poll' style, so to speak, we are exposing the development of our project to the 'whims of men', in keeping with the analogy.  

Thanks for the info!

I, as a western-fan am also pretty (very very positively) surprised to find the magnum and already shotgun-shells so early in the alpha!

But i don't know about the Rem. 870.

Please don't misunderstand me, but it's just the fact, that it became a pump-action-shotgun, that is used often very often and here and there... ;)

What about "rare" guns like the

, which is also known as a rather heavily kicking gun. It has 2 tube-magazines with 10 shots all in all, i think. So you have a good RoF and huge mag-size, but the reload-time after shooting several times will be the trade-off.

or the

;)

maybe UTS-15 (but this shotty could be kinda similar to the NS 2k, tho)

Edited by irishroy

I HOPE LOTS OF PEOPLE MENTIONED THE MAUSER C96 IN THIS POLL THAT I MISSED  :(

400px-Mauser_c96_bolo.jpg

And all them attachments. The stock. The foregrip. The scope. The extended barrel. THE JOY

And I'm disappointed to hear the hunting shotgun might be put on hold for a while. I've been looking forward to that gun for a long while!  ^_^

Edited by Scerun
  • Like 2

How's about a survey on what guns you DON'T want in the game - a lot of posters are putting out some quite strong feelings about what is not appropriate for dayz.

• Like 2

SVT-40 would be nice, same caliber (7.62x54R) as the mosin, beautiful rifle, not too rare either.

MoDXwRY.jpg

• Like 2