scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

You can fire them standing, just don't expect to hit anything smaller than a house at 50m.

I don't think we need any long range semi auto snipers at the moment though.

Anything bigger than local hunting cartridges should be super rare, and the guns aswell.

I mean like 1000hrs on average before you will find one.

But don't add anything that is meant to be really rare untill all the bugs for duping and such are done.

Id play those 1000h in 2 months.

I would like pretty much all of those apart from 3D printed guns, the very modern or old WW2 SMGs (Kriss, Thompson) etc.

I do admit the concept in reality of 3d-printed guns is awesome, but they have no place in Cherno. Much beans sir.

It's probably been said before, but I'd really like to see a version of the 1911 make it into the game.  Also some form of Glock (especially .40 cal).

Both are widely popular, so it makes sense to find them.  Another use for .45 ACP, and an entirely new caliber of ammunition.  Something like 78% of American law enforcement use .40 S&W.  So I could see them being around :)

It's probably been said before, but I'd really like to see a version of the 1911 make it into the game.  Also some form of Glock (especially .40 cal).

Both are widely popular, so it makes sense to find them.  Another use for .45 ACP, and an entirely new caliber of ammunition.  Something like 78% of American law enforcement use .40 S&W.  So I could see them being around :)

GLOCK <333

• Like 1

I HOPE LOTS OF PEOPLE MENTIONED THE MAUSER C96 IN THIS POLL THAT I MISSED  :(

400px-Mauser_c96_bolo.jpg

And all them attachments. The stock. The foregrip. The scope. The extended barrel. THE JOY

And I'm disappointed to hear the hunting shotgun might be put on hold for a while. I've been looking forward to that gun for a long while!  ^_^

Lovely gun, will be disappointed if this isn't reviewed or eventually added.
  • Like 1

I want a gut that can:

- Bring my lost session back

- Stop people from combat logging and ghosting

- and make my character animations better.

Can you do that? would be awesome if you could put a gun like this into game.

The survey may be over, but I realized there another gun I'd love to see added.

I'd like to see an m1 Garand rifle. It might not really fit, because it's a little old, and a bit too American to see in cherno, but it would be a cool "civilian" type of rifle to come across.

I'm going to get hate for this. But I think large calibre weapons with scopes should be incredibly rare or should be 'unzeroable' and stuck at ~150m, either that or remove the zeroing indicator for them. Gameplaywise it would hopefully encourage player interaction through shorter engagement distance. Simulationwise nobody knows how to attach and zero a scope to 700m without firing the rifle a few times.

Engaging targets at over 500m = Extremely Low risk, High reward

Engaging targets at under 500m = Low risk, High Reward

Engaging targets at under 150m = Medium risk, High reward

Engaging targets at under 50m = High risk, High reward

Possible solution = less scopes, less large calibre rounds and more of everything else.

inb4 u got mad cos u got snipd n u dont no how to play

I've never been kiled by a sniper in DayZ:SA but I have been shot at by several and wounded by one

• Like 1

To any dev I'd love if you took a look at my weapon thread!

There are near 300 votes and the results are pretty unanimous.

Edited by ThatSwoleGuy

I think a big part of the weapons should be guns from ww2 (like the mosin which already got implemented)

since Chernarus is somewhere in east europe and there are probably still millions of russian and german guns hidden in barns or cellars.

I'm going to get hate for this. But I think large calibre weapons with scopes should be incredibly rare or should be 'unzeroable' and stuck at ~150m, either that or remove the zeroing indicator for them. Gameplaywise it would hopefully encourage player interaction through shorter engagement distance. Simulationwise nobody knows how to attach and zero a scope to 700m without firing the rifle a few times.

Possible solution = less scopes, less large calibre rounds and more of everything else.

I've never been kiled by a sniper in DayZ:SA but I have been shot at by several and wounded by one

Or they should adapt the real life elevation adjustment therefore making it hard for the average joe to use but more precise for skilled players.

I think a big part of the weapons should be guns from ww2 (like the mosin which already got implemented)

since Chernarus is somewhere in east europe and there are probably still millions of russian and german guns hidden in barns or cellars.

Or they should adapt the real life elevation adjustment therefore making it hard for the average joe to use but more precise for skilled players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlKtKqpCaWw

You guys might actually be interested in my thread as well.

I'm hoping the poll gets some Dev attention.