scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

I dont know if someone ask for it or you think about it but...

I WANT A BOW! Not crossbow, just a bow like Robin Hood!

PS: Make more civil clothes please, its a bit annoying see everyone as green/green camo military gear :/

Wait, you might get more people ask for the C96, hold off a bit longer!

C96? Do want.

Don't think I saw this mentioned yet, and I don't think it was in the survey (I may have missed it), but the VSS Vintorez or AS VAL with attachable silencer and scope would be amazing.

Agreed. VSS is far and away my favourite weapon out of those I've seen so far.

I would rather see things like crafting booby traps like in the first Rambo movie tbh..

Now then we will see a good game....

Open a door and wooden stakes hit you in the chest or in the guts......

Awesome..

Bear traps as well please...

I like the idea of booby traps, but unless they're planning on adding clan bases (ie. bases big enough to warrant these kinds of traps), I don't see them making it into the game. Bear traps were in one version of the mod at some point, but never worked properly. I'm hoping they, at least, make it in.

I dont know if someone ask for it or you think about it but...

I WANT A BOW! Not crossbow, just a bow like Robin Hood!

PS: Make more civil clothes please, its a bit annoying see everyone as green/green camo military gear :/

I like the idea, and I'd like to see craftable (makeshift) weapons like bows and knives be added. Find a decent-length stick and a strong enough line? You can make a bow. Not a very good bow, but in a world where quality resources are at a premium you have to make do with what's on hand. Find a sharp stone? Fix it to a handle or broomstick to make a pointed/edged weapon. Need a hammer? Go find a blunt stone and lash it onto a bit of wood. Stuff like that. We're not quite back in the stone age in the zombie apocalypse, but we've got a foot on the line and it's not a far stretch to assume people would start falling back on primitive technology to get by. Could even go so far as to make animals skinnable/harvestable for materials to make clothing, harnesses, and parts for other items. Bones for handles. Furs for clothes. Skins to tan for leather to make harnesses and improve/repair weapon grips. Hell, even just sharpening a stick with a knife to make a pointed weapon.

• Like 1

I would be happy with any new guns. Tired of everyone running around with m4's.

...And i like those tags.

C96? Do want.

Oh yes, very much, very much, very much a C96.

The Red 9 one would be most suited as it shoots 9mm which is a bit more common than it's original round.

Also want the holster/ stock.

I want this gun so much, I've been tending to repeat myself.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm looking to some Kalashnikov weapons.

I wouldn't mind seeing an entire patch dedicated to adding them to the game as a tribute to the recently deceased gun designer.

Other than those, I'd love to see civilian weapons become the most common options.

• Like 1

I'm cool with everything except automatic shoguns and burst/automatic pistols unless it is an Uzi submachine gun... Not keen on the 3D printed gun, somehow just doesn't fit.

Gear has to be consistent with the following (in my opinion):

• Farm Weapons (Double Barrel Shoguns, Hunting Rifles)
  • Civilian Available Weapons (Anything from Shotguns, Hunting Rifles, Pistols to the AK series of Assault Rifles)
  • Local Police Force Weapons (Pistols, Sub-Machine Guns, Pump Action Shotguns)
  • Local Military Grade Weapons (Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Eastern Assault Rifles/Carbines) - (rarer)
  • Assisting Foreign Military Grade Weapons & Gadgets (Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Western Assault Rifles/Carbines & Gadgets) - (very rare)

Awesome poll. Would like to see weapons tiered by civilian, police and military grade.

Additional weapons I'd like to see are the CZ-805, SA vz 58 and the vz skorpion.

Edited by Svnryn

I voted for things that seemed like they'd realistically appear given the setting. Bolt action hunting rifles, double barreled shotguns, makarov pistols, and for SMG I put P90 without the rails and shit. Because an SMG is military per definition, so you might as well go with the coolest one.

• Like 1

I don't see any reason to include the 3D printed gun at all. It's completely useless as a weapon, it's one shot and if it's realistic it would probably degrade to the point you can't use it after ONE shot (And probably take your hand off with it). It's also really stupid to include it in a game based in an ex-soviet republic. No one will privately own a 3D printer, let alone use it to print these awful ineffective guns.

And If possible, I would vote to include several types of rifles, pistols and shotguns before we even think about SMG's. The nature of Sub Machine Guns makes them very late game equipment, along with pretty ineffective now that guns are relegated for PvP, not PvZ. I was fine with the amount of SMG's in the mod, 2 types is well enough.

Thanks for the survey and getting people's thoughts on this.

Also, I think adding a flare gun, Taser, and tranquilizer gun would make for interesting encounters.

• Like 1

I would like to see semi auto sniper rifles done away with.  No more DMR/SVD.  (used to irritate me to no end when you would hear that distinctive sound of a DMR, but you wern't sure... then you'd here *bangbangbangbangbangbangbang* yeah..... DMR, ffs.)

Yeah, no more semi auto snipers.

Other than that, I would love to see the Desert Eagle .50AE in DayZ!

Hello fellow community :-)

I would love to see some more variety of weapons for examples..

Melee:

Frying pans! Would be funny to pan a zombie in the face!

Also some creative stuff maybe like finding nails and a hammer plus a bat then combining the 3 to make spiked base ball bat!

And more tools! I found a shovel so what about pitch fork? Or the garden rake or pick axes, farmers scythe to go zombie killing Grimm style he he.

Guns:

I think weapons that are single shot or low ammo capacity would be awesome rather than fully auto military grade spec, I mean we all love guns but if they are low ammo capacity or single shot it gives survivers a chance rather than being mowed down by one guy spraying and praying...

Now with low mag capacity or single shot guns it would mean you need precision or planning to take out a bandit or for a bandit to take out friendlys for there belongings! But hey this is just my opinion, but realistically i know military grade weapons are here to stay so maybe make it much harder to piece together them and make ammo more scarce or not in the same locations along with the military grade rifle...

I my self I found a pistol with no ammo or magazine... carried it around for hours and still no mag yet in one place I found a full working m4 with duel mag full 60 rounds and a 40 round cmag... I would of preferred to start out with a pistol first then later earning a military grade rifle...

I voted for things that seemed like they'd realistically appear given the setting. Bolt action hunting rifles, double barreled shotguns, makarov pistols, and for SMG I put P90 without the rails and shit. Because an SMG is military per definition, so you might as well go with the coolest one.

Police probably use more SMG's than military.

When I think SMG's in military I think of British S.A.S sneaking around with suppressed MP5's.

But when I think of police SMG I see a tactical armed police unit in all black standing outside the door of a meth lab.

It sees use in a lot of fields, but isn't common either way.

Awesome poll. Would like to see weapons tiered by civilian, police and military grade.

Additional weapons I'd like to see are the CZ-805, SA vz 58 and the vz skorpion.

Good Czech weapons.

Also forgot to mention improvised items like how about a improvised silencer on a gun? Plastics bottle + tape for a make shift silencer that's good for say 5 shots or so? That would be cool to see :-)

I would like to see a lot of older guns ( not automatic ones ) to make it harder 2 kill ppl! Automatic new gen weapons should be rare ... so this way people may actually be friendlly  or atleast decrease death rate in Chernarus :)

I voted but would just like to voice concerns. Please let's not lose sight of what this game is all about.. This isn't CoD..

please no semi auto sniper rifles. i want snipers to be skillful

I've noticed nobody mention TRANQUILISER PISTOL OR RIFLES!!  They would be great since killing people could damage their gear (clothing/bags etc..).  Then you can also let the player live once you got what you want from them.  sorta like a nice bandit... a nindit.  The stun guns were good in the mod.

DayZero mod did this thing right. It was very close to this:

I'm cool with everything except automatic shoguns and burst/automatic pistols unless it is an Uzi submachine gun... Not keen on the 3D printed gun, somehow just doesn't fit.

Gear has to be consistent with the following (in my opinion):

• Farm Weapons (Double Barrel Shoguns, Hunting Rifles)
  • Civilian Available Weapons (Anything from Shotguns, Hunting Rifles, Pistols to the AK series of Assault Rifles)
  • Local Police Force Weapons (Pistols, Sub-Machine Guns, Pump Action Shotguns)
  • Local Military Grade Weapons (Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Eastern Assault Rifles/Carbines) - (rarer)
  • Assisting Foreign Military Grade Weapons & Gadgets (Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Western Assault Rifles/Carbines & Gadgets) - (very rare)

Foreign military gear could only be found at rare crash sites.

Edited by Methlehem