rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

i think bear traps are a great idea as long as it isn't too easy to carry more than one or two of them at a time. if they take up multiple slots in the inventory it should dissuade people from trying to carry or use them too often.

Inventory space taken up by various things might need some adjustments in general. I mean, a roll of razor wire big enough to block off a street takes up the same amount of space as a can of Coke?

Beartraps? Where are the bears?

Deer stands? .......

Need to get some deer meat to eat and bears should be as dangerous as an agroed zombie. Maybe turn some hoppers into bears.

Deer stands? .......

Need to get some deer meat to eat and bears should be as dangerous as an agroed zombie. Maybe turn some hoppers into bears.

LOL, hopping bear! MUST SEE!!!!! :D

My only gripe with the bear traps is people putting them "under" the floor. Places such as Stary Sobor, where the floor surface is below the level of the tents, a bear trap will easily vanish into nowhere until its too late.

Are there any plans to fix those funky floors so loot doesn't disappear under them? I think that's what makes bodies disappear very quickly in the camp.

Deer stands? .......

Need to get some deer meat to eat

I've actually thought several times that this landscape would make for a perfect deer hunting game (or mini-game, as it were, within DayZ). So yeah, I say add the deer, Rocket! :)

I've actually thought several times that this landscape would make for a perfect deer hunting game (or mini-game' date=' as it were, within DayZ). So yeah, I say add the deer, Rocket! :)

[/quote']

Hunting deer would be great. It shouldn't be too hard to put in, just put a super-sensitive zombie in a deer skin and make it flee when detecting you.

Combined with aggressive boars, it would make hunting a lot more interesting.

Cmon guys' date=' where is your sense of adventure!

[/quote']

Can you add these cool features next...

[NEW] Giant inflatable bananas (just for the lulz)

[NEW] Bandits wear glow in the dark pink tutus

[NEW] Cow abducting alien spacecraft

[NEW] Big black plastic comedy guns that unroll a flag that says "BANG" when fired making infected and players roll around in fits of laughter enabling you to make a hasty getaway/loot/kill/whatever

[NEW] Fake cans of food that when opened a spring-loaded toy snake pops out and scares a player to death.

Cheers...

I've actually thought several times that this landscape would make for a perfect deer hunting game (or mini-game' date=' as it were, within DayZ). So yeah, I say add the deer, Rocket! :)

[/quote']

Agreed, but first, fix the boars. It's stupid to be able to approach to 1 meter of a wild boar and shoot it in the head with a handgun.

They should 1) Tend to hide in bushes (at least during the day) 2) Run away if you get too close to them (hopefully with a lot of noise that startles you) 3) Have a small chance to attack if injured.

That's some basic behaviour that would turn them into something more that bags of raw meat.

Items placed in Camo Millitary Landrover gets glitched and dissapears.

Same for the Camo UAZ

Rockets could this be an Arma 2 issue? I am not sure but if you can sprinkle some of your fairy dust on it that would be execellent.

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

what does it mean? we are actually not visible from far when we wouldnt be visible up close?

i often saw people trying to track people with ghillie suits in needle trees by walking further away, since leaves then despawn more and more and reveal the player

[/quote']

[NEW] Big black plastic comedy guns that unroll a flag that says "BANG" when fired making infected and players roll around in fits of laughter enabling you to make a hasty getaway/loot/kill/whatever

[NEW] Fake cans of food that when opened a spring-loaded toy snake pops out and scares a player to death.

Cheers...

Just checking but are you spaced out???

how about placin bear traps at the uper end of a ladder? sounds like fun to me

[/quote']

Not exactly fitting of the setting? Zombies have taken over the world....

1. Find food.

2. Find a weapon.

3. Find shelter.

4. Have a nice day out trapping bears.

Bear Trap is just a name. Doesn't mean it should only be used on bears. :)

I think it fits the setting very well! More so than barbwire and tank traps. And helicopters.

Sinc it's all pvp... We need K/D ratio! And eventually data exported on website with other personal stats (most weapon used' date=' and such).

[/quote']

I hope you're not serious. If there's one thing I've found that are both at the same time nice to have yet ruin the fun of the game, it's stats.

I think it fits the setting very well! More so than barbwire and tank traps. And helicopters.

nope. its doesnt fit. because there is no wild animals that will be trapped into it. if Chernarus had big wild animals before apocalypse then it would be logical for bear traps to be.

[/quote']

Cheers...

^THIS.

Considering the fact that Rocket will be on the PC Gamer livestream playing DayZ with the BIS developers later today, I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the update should be releaed in the next four hours... Or perhaps the livestream will be a live closed test? That would be fun too.

nope. its doesnt fit. because there is no wild animals that will be trapped into it. if Chernarus had big wild animals before apocalypse then it would be logical for bear traps to be.

There are bears and moose in the Czech Republic. :)

Considering the fact that Rocket will be on the PC Gamer livestream playing DayZ with the BIS developers later today' date=' I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the update should be releaed in the next four hours... Or perhaps the livestream will be a live closed test? That would be fun too.

[/quote']

link to the livestream plz