rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Bear Traps..... Don't Care either way

However 3 Major Exploits are destroying the game-play at the moment.

1: Alt-F4. I know its been tried' date=' but we need a revisit of 10-20 second delay on logging out/altf4 . Too many players brazenly ignore zombies/kill players knowing that they are instantly safe by de-spawning zombies and no player retaliation.

2: Server hopping. Its too easy to get good gear by going to a good spot such as military tents /airfield / barracks etc and then logging in and out of multiple servers until you find what you want without actually having to travel anywhere. (Possible Fix) Changing servers resets your location to the beach like a re-spawn. Encourages people to play on a regular server and build a reputation and also play through the day/night cycle instead of just swapping to a day server.

3: Off map camps. Ive been playing on the same server for a month and never seen a repairable vehicle or one in use. It IS a server with them enabled but they have all been taken and stashed in off-map camps. This is effectively removing content from the game for the majority of the player base. (Possible Fix) All tents and vehicles are destroyed after 1 hour of inactivity when outside the map of Chernarus. (Alternate fix) Increase the number of vehicles in the game but decrease the spawn-rate of vehicle parts. More difficult, less impossible.

And lastly, and not related to anything, increase the day/night cycle rapidly. I play for 4 hours at the same time every night. So without deliberatly server swapping, i only see the SAME 4 hours everytime, and never experience the dynamic and changing lighting and different playstyles.

[/quote']

1: Yeah maybe many players exploiting it, but what is if ur really logging off? I just waiting 60 Seconds on a position to make sure i will be exactly on this position at the next login and then if im clicking abort my character will stay on this position for 10-20 seconds?????????? WTF!?

What is if someone coming with the luckiest time ever around the corner and will shoot you? You thought:,, ahhh i was safe and tomorrow i will ( put here your next target )" and u see ur dead????? I will see your mad face now......

2: This doesnt works for me, if i hopping servers near lootspawns, there is nothing i can loot. First, i must go away so hmmm around 500m, maybe then i can join another server and check the spot again

3. Yeah maybe, i'm playing on US 8 Virginia and never see a bike, car or whatever but i dont think everyone will camping off-map. I think some servers having serious unknown "bugs" so there existing no vehicles, on this server i was moving through fucking every town and sometimes every building outside a town and never never found a shit vehicle on this server...sometimes im playing on another server and found instantly a truck, bike or ships ( with a little bit luck or whatever would it called ) 2 bikes or 2 ships on the same place O_O

But yes, it would be nice if there are more vehicles ( not cars or trucks, but motorcycles, ATVs, especially bikes on maybe every outside building of a town - ok bikes can spawn on mass everywhere )

sry for my bad english :s:cool:

1: Alt-F4. I know its been tried' date=' but we need a revisit of 10-20 second delay on logging out/altf4 . Too many players brazenly ignore zombies/kill players knowing that they are instantly safe by de-spawning zombies and no player retaliation.

2: Server hopping. Its too easy to get good gear by going to a good spot such as military tents /airfield / barracks etc and then logging in and out of multiple servers until you find what you want without actually having to travel anywhere. (Possible Fix) Changing servers resets your location to the beach like a re-spawn. Encourages people to play on a regular server and build a reputation and also play through the day/night cycle instead of just swapping to a day server.

[/quote']

No. Absolutely not. I'm STILL having this screwed up bug where the game will minimize on me or my graphic driver will crash. Completely random, and I'm unable to do anything to prevent it. There are others having this problem too. It will get in the way of people being able to test the other features of this game.

And also: Bear traps. Uh, No thanks. Griefing is at an all time high. Let's focus on fixing bugs and adding in gameplay elements for people who want to survive.

Rocket will think on the mayority of players not in a few having these problems

MAKE IT SO INFECTED CANNOT BREAK BONES. Ive spawned and had to respawn sooo many times simply because infected break a bone and I have no morphine and no hope of getting it. It is discouraging me from playing the game altogether.

I feel your pain.

MAKE IT SO INFECTED CANNOT BREAK BONES. Ive spawned and had to respawn sooo many times simply because infected break a bone and I have no morphine and no hope of getting it. It is discouraging me from playing the game altogether.

I feel your pain.

I agree with this completely... If infected are able to break bones, make it to where they break your ARMS to affect your aiming, not break your legs! Especially when we don't spawn with morphine.

It just doesn't make sense.. If a zombie attacks you in a zombie apocalypse.. They aren't gonna say.. "OOO YUMMY LEGS!!!" -tackles the hell out of you and breaks your leg in half, eating the various arteries and veins out of your legs-.... They go "OOOO BRAINS!!!! FLESH!!" -whack in the upper body/face, taking out the most important stuff, so that they can work their way down-

3: Off map camps. Ive been playing on the same server for a month and never seen a repairable vehicle or one in use. It IS a server with them enabled but they have all been taken and stashed in off-map camps. This is effectively removing content from the game for the majority of the player base. (Possible Fix) All tents and vehicles are destroyed after 1 hour of inactivity when outside the map of Chernarus. (Alternate fix) Increase the number of vehicles in the game but decrease the spawn-rate of vehicle parts. More difficult, less impossible.

And lastly, and not related to anything, increase the day/night cycle rapidly. I play for 4 hours at the same time every night. So without deliberatly server swapping, i only see the SAME 4 hours everytime, and never experience the dynamic and changing lighting and different playstyles.

[/quote']

1: Yeah maybe many players exploiting it, but what is if ur really logging off? I just waiting 60 Seconds on a position to make sure i will be exactly on this position at the next login and then if im clicking abort my character will stay on this position for 10-20 seconds?????????? WTF!?

What is if someone coming with the luckiest time ever around the corner and will shoot you? You thought:,, ahhh i was safe and tomorrow i will ( put here your next target )" and u see ur dead????? I will see your mad face now......

2: This doesnt works for me, if i hopping servers near lootspawns, there is nothing i can loot. First, i must go away so hmmm around 500m, maybe then i can join another server and check the spot again

3. Yeah maybe, i'm playing on US 8 Virginia and never see a bike, car or whatever but i dont think everyone will camping off-map. I think some servers having serious unknown "bugs" so there existing no vehicles, on this server i was moving through fucking every town and sometimes every building outside a town and never never found a shit vehicle on this server...sometimes im playing on another server and found instantly a truck, bike or ships ( with a little bit luck or whatever would it called ) 2 bikes or 2 ships on the same place O_O

But yes, it would be nice if there are more vehicles ( not cars or trucks, but motorcycles, ATVs, especially bikes on maybe every outside building of a town - ok bikes can spawn on mass everywhere )

1. 1 minute timer when u press logout. You can abort this timer by simply moving your character, if you think danger is near. But then you have to start the timer again.

If you choose logout immediately (ignore timer) then your character stays in world for 1 minute defenceless.

2. I admit i server hopped few times in desperate times and always found loot when loggin on new server in same building i was in.

Simple fix, character only saves on that server u play, play on another server = start new character.

3. i agree

Your english is just fine....

Not excited about the bear traps whatsoever. Camping is at an all time high already. Which is quite possibly the biggest issue this game has at the moment. No 1 area should have best quality spawns. Everything should be random. Instead we have players on every server camping quality loot spots & putting down barbed wire to grief people.

have to agree with you on that. bear traps are just destined to be another way to grief and camp. take factory in cherno for example. with bear traps you can just put one on the bottom and one on the top of the ladder and you're safe forever...

I also agree that loot should be spread out a little more. not completely random, cause that would make going to a specific place for loot pointless, but at least move one barrack from the NW to the NE airfield and one firestation from elektro to berenzino or something...

1: Yeah maybe many players exploiting it' date=' but what is if ur really logging off? I just waiting 60 Seconds on a position to make sure i will be exactly on this position at the next login and then if im clicking abort my character will stay on this position for 10-20 seconds?????????? WTF!?

[/quote']

1. 1 minute timer when u press logout. You can abort this timer by simply moving your character, if you think danger is near. But then you have to start the timer again.

If you choose logout immediately (ignore timer) then your character stays in world for 1 minute defenceless.

2. I admit i server hopped few times in desperate times and always found loot when loggin on new server in same building i was in.

Simple fix, character only saves on that server u play, play on another server = start new character.

3. i agree

1. pls show me how u can move your character after pressing ESC -> Abort, i think this is not possible. Maybe we can get a penalty if we're moving and pressing Abort / ALT-F4 while running away from zeds or other dangerous situation ( i only saw people "ragequitting" in running animation ) ok u will stop if you press ESC -> Abort or ALT-F4 but maybe rocket can put in a script. This will checking how long you have been waiting for logout after your last task:

- getting hunt by zeds ( if noone follow you, you can easily abort without any timer )

- getting shot by survivors/bandits ( it must be no hit, maybe near shots counts, too - so aroung 5m for players with bad aiming^^ ) and if u THEN press abort, u can stay for 5-10 seconds ) but pls no if it totally clear around you

<--- yeah maybe with a special area around you 20-30m, is there standing a zed u will stay for 5-10 seconds on this server. For shots 100-150m.

I wonder when this will finally hit, seems like it's gonna have quite some changes.

Pretty excited about bear traps myself I guess. Depends on where they will spawn (and how often)

1: Yeah maybe many players exploiting it' date=' but what is if ur really logging off? I just waiting 60 Seconds on a position to make sure i will be exactly on this position at the next login and then if im clicking abort my character will stay on this position for 10-20 seconds?????????? WTF!?

[/quote']

3. i agree

1. pls show me how u can move your character after pressing ESC -> Abort, i think this is not possible. Maybe we can get a penalty if we're moving and pressing Abort / ALT-F4 while running away from zeds or other dangerous situation ( i only saw people "ragequitting" in running animation ) ok u will stop if you press ESC -> Abort or ALT-F4 but maybe rocket can put in a script. This will checking how long you have been waiting for logout after your last task:

- getting hunt by zeds ( if noone follow you, you can easily abort without any timer )

- getting shot by survivors/bandits ( it must be no hit, maybe near shots counts, too - so aroung 5m for players with bad aiming^^ ) and if u THEN press abort, u can stay for 5-10 seconds ) but pls no if it totally clear around you

<--- yeah maybe with a special area around you 20-30m, is there standing a zed u will stay for 5-10 seconds on this server. For shots 100-150m.

I'm not stupid i know u cant move after pressing abort. I'm talking about a whole new system being implemented.

I know alot of this stuff has to do with arma engine, I know nothing about developing, but what i do have is mmo experience, and this system works.

[/quote']

3. i agree

1. Yes the idea in that you get a timer on logout that is broken by pressing anything.... if you alt-f4 then you've just left your character with his pants around his ankles by whatever time the developers seem appropriate. The 5 seconds that was trialed is just way too short. Most MMO's have about a 20-30 second timer and this feels about adequate.

2. I actually DO like the idea of having the 1 character across multiple servers, its just too exploitable at the moment. Having multiple characters doesn't appeal to me at all. Hence the original idea.

3. Also wonder if its possible to completely remove the debug forest completely and just have an invisible wall at the north and west edges. That would fix many many issues at once. My only thought is that its called the 'debug forest/wilderness' for a reason and may have some infrastructure implications on the map side.

I don't have any problem with bear traps as long as there is a reasonable way to disarm them. Any average person can jam a piece of wood in a bear trap and set it off, so there shouldn't be any special tool needed to disarm one. You might possibly be able to pick it up once it has been disarmed as well.

Barbed wire, sandbags, and tank traps I have never, personally, understood. Their only real purpose is griefing. They never seem to stop zombies when I use them, so that's either a glitch or a design flaw. Take them out of the game, make toolboxes spawn more often (as of now they spawn less often than morphine and in completely random places), or make it able to easily evade them. Any person with some common sense can take down a wire fence with a hatchet (I'm talking real life here). Maybe you could also make it possible to hop over them but you start bleeding if you do. I don't know how to fix it, but they are annoying as shit.

Otherwise, update looks really good!

Bear traps.

Oh boy... As if the barbed wire all over elektro and cherno wasn't bad enough, now new players have to cope with BEAR TRAPS?

NOPE.AVI.

i think bear traps are a great idea as long as it isn't too easy to carry more than one or two of them at a time. if they take up multiple slots in the inventory it should dissuade people from trying to carry or use them too often.

After all, Chernarus is obviously a country that enjoys it's country sports. Just look at all of the deer stands (and firearms) everywhere! And I have yet to see a single deer! Maybe they've been hunted to the verge of extinction in the local area?

The same could apply to bears!

Perhaps both animals could be added at a later stage?

I am really looking forward to improved Zombies behaviour... if they will behave "normally" like not zig zags or teleporting... no super speed... and no going trough the walls and doors it would be enought bug fixes for me... (maybe fix that barbed wire and sandbags too)

But i am also excited about bear traps if they will not spawn everywhere... it's a nice way to secure tents :)

Rocket and dayZ staff

please add a flashlight that works like NVG (attached to the head, able to illuminate where character look at). Its so hard to locate-dodge from zombies while trying to walk straight and silent (not being able to use alt key). also hand held flashlight gives away the players location around almost 1km. I know this is as it should but most of the situations we dont need that powerful light.. Need something illuminates just a little better than chemlight, and not being visible to other players around. maybe this can also solve flashlight-pistol switching ?

hopefully we can use something to disarm beartaps, like throwing tincan, glass bottles at them.

I'm bringing that bug to the intention of rocket, hope people won't abuse it :

Removed link

I'm bringing that bug to the intention of rocket' date=' hope people won't abuse it :

[/quote']

dev-heaven is the system, no need to bring it here.

Problem: PM

Bear traps? Does this mean we are getting bears? Seems an obvious conclusion to make unless the rats in Chernarus are frigging massive!