Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Color degradation from blood loss has to go (loss of visual fidelity)

and the verdict is..

WORKS AS INTENDED, NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Howsabout we move this on over to the Graveyard?

I actually agree (kinda). I really hate the black and white, but I don't want a health bar. There has to be a way to keep the color in the game and still let people know they are hurt. As for the answer to that problem (I have no idea) but that is what the game developers are tasked with. 

bad graphics is your punishment for losing at Dayz.

good graphics is a reward for winning at Dayz.

Stop losing and you will see the good graphics :)

that is all that need be said about it.

• Like 3

However after getting wounded, the colors start to fade to near monochrome. And this is really bad. It basically throws visual fidelity out of the window for a bit of "immersion".

Working as intended. I dont know guys, there is no hope....  :(  - Get your blood level back up, that will work you'll see.

bad graphics is your punishment for losing at Dayz.

good graphics is a reward for winning at Dayz.

Stop losing and you will see the good graphics :)

that is all that need be said about it.

If you cant see how stupid that view point is the argument is pointless. reduce game visual quality because you are playing bad? (where is the picard facepalm)

i think the effect where you can´t see colors just ruin the game experience, maybe it can be nerfed just a bit

Hmm...Everyone I know that has been shot or has come close to death always say the same things. Things become more vivid ie. your brains GPU hits 300%..Seems like they got it backwards. Add into the fact nothing other than extreme sickness/disease/blood loss will cause you to lose eye sight. Were talking death bed.

I lulz all day after getting hit 5 times and all of a sudden I'm seeing black and white. Ive been KO'd in RL and never seen black and white let alone be stuck with a blur effect for more than 30sec to 2mins..

OP has it right. It's a cheap trick in it's current state. I'm sure a group of 5 year olds could come up with something better like everyone one else has on this forum that also thinks it's pretty much a craptastic idea in general...

As they say "The world never looks so clear unless your close to death..." and there are about a dozen or more other saying just like it. People don't just say this shit for the lulz. It's the truth....

Edited by RyBo

So many angry noobs complaining that they are dieing and they can't see because of it, LISTEN TO YOURSELF god, just eat and drink it's not that hard to stay at max blood, it took me less than 6 minutes to recover full colour after nearly dieing.

Find a bag of rice.

Eat all

Find some water source...

Drink until you're stuffed, Problem solved

Well, maybe the solustion is to stop hurting yourself.

Color fades and blurriness is a result of injury, stop putting yourself in places where you get injured or shot.

This is a survival simulator, not a FPS combat game; learn to survive better.

I'm a new player.

I've been playing on Experimental/Hardcore with a LOT tougher zombies (and a lot more of them in concentrated areas) along with seasoned players... perhaps, gotten grey screened and a bit o' blur twice.

It isn't hard to avoid, just stay healthy, and accept that's the consequences if you get injured.

This game will punish you for stupidity, aggressiveness, and plain ignorance of your surroundings; and I like it just fine; with greys and blurs and all!

No it doesn't, it makes perfect sense; you lose blood and the remaining is sent to vital organs and stuff, color receptors are not vital to staying alive at the time of being wounded.

I didn't read all of the pages of posts but, it's not hard to stay healthy. I have not run into a grey screen for more than a few minutes after being shot a few times near balota airfield last week. Otherwise my characters are healthy within an hour of spawn and stay so until death.

I guess Spunkey Doodle wanted to add his 2 cents

Bad news, it is not the game you play that sucks. You suck at playing the game.  <_<

• Like 1

I sincerely wish developers would just make the game they want to make and not pander to a bunch of whiney folks on some social media platform.

Used to be back in the day when games were "good" and not cinematic crap experiences that developers made a game and you played it.

If you didn't like it, you played something else.  You didn't go to the game's website and cry/bicker about all the stuff YOU wanted changed and hoped others would agree with you so you could alter the game in to what you wanted instead of what the developers intended.

Isn't it rampant these days?  Can anyone take their own idea and produce it to fruition without the general public putting their two cents in?

I mean in all honesty, who really cares what anyone else thinks?

I certainly like the game the way it is.  I hope Dean and Co. can execute this vision of a game without pandering to all the whining.

Edited by Cinnabuns
  • Like 2

Melee combat is wobbly as hell, that is where the 50% time wounded is coming from. Of course if you camp a firestation in elektro while sitting on a hill not moving for hours you wont experience that. And you could also avoid getting hurt at all, but that involves not going near populated towns. You will be 100% healthy, no other players. But if I want to just run through the forests on my own for hours I can do that in arma2 single player, at least I can accelerate time in that

Edited by alleycat

As humans, we don't have a bar or 'indicator' other then that awful feeling (in game, itslack of color) its good you're annoyed. that means you'll learn from your mistakes, and do what you can to heal yourself.

A bar or indicator will just say, 'hey, you should look into this sometime, but no big deal' and will have very little consequences for your actions.

Wait, what?

The only way I can tell it's almost lunch time is when my hunger bar drops to 20/50. You guys are so primitive.