Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Color degradation from blood loss has to go (loss of visual fidelity)

Ok first off, the screen could look blurry for two reasons, you can have blood loss/sickness OR !! You settings just need to be 'reset' Esc>Config>Settings, should make it go back into focus if it is not blood loss.

Second, the desaturartion needs to stay in my opinion, what better way to simulate blood loss than blurry vision, a weaker character and desaturation of color??

Do you have any idea how the body reacts to mass blood loss and fading in and out of consciousness?!? The desaturation needs to stay.

• Like 1

This speaks to a controversy we've had in the Day Z Hero Society Medical Division. 

In some cases, an extermination target escapes, either by getting too far away, not coming close enough to the town, or by combat logging. 

Many times, we manage to injure these ones, and it's not uncommon to see it bleeding as it gets away.

Some of us think that we should count these as exterminations, on the theory that the injury will eventually result in the death of the target. Without friends to administer saline, and without any gear or supplies, most of these vermin have no chance of recovering.

Do you think simply getting a couple rounds into a vermin that manages to run away or log before his extermination is complete should count as an extermination? 

• Like 1

I think screen should turn black and white, blurry with the sound fading away, but only at extreme blood loss.

This speaks to a controversy we've had in the Day Z Hero Society Medical Division. 

In some cases, an extermination target escapes, either by getting too far away, not coming close enough to the town, or by combat logging. 

Many times, we manage to injure these ones, and it's not uncommon to see it bleeding as it gets away.

Some of us think that we should count these as exterminations, on the theory that the injury will eventually result in the death of the target. Without friends to administer saline, and without any gear or supplies, most of these vermin have no chance of recovering.

Do you think simply getting a couple rounds into a vermin that manages to run away or log before his extermination is complete should count as an extermination? 

is "medical division" a nazi cult or something? really confused by this post.

• Like 1

Part of the fun I've had in the stand alone and mod was trying to get those medical supplies (well, and food in stand alone) to get my vision back to normal.  I say leave it as is.  I think it adds to the game, if you don't like it be more cautious.  What are you gonna do when more zombies are added?  This game is a survival game, you shouldn't really be running into a town without looking around to assess the situation.  Right now you can just run in and only have a few zombies come at you, but when they ramp up the zombie count you can't be doing that.  As it stands right now, I like it, I say leave it.

• Like 1

disagree, I've only had this happen to me once in 70 odd hours of gametime, saline bag fixed it nps...

But losing the colors in a game where you spend at least 50% of your time being wounded-

Clearly you are doing something wrong mate. I've been to every airfield and military base and every town on the coast with my current character at "Healthy", even hanging out and helping new spawns at Solnichniy (with minimal minor scrapes.)

Gameplay over visual fidelity, and if you were shot or otherwise injured enough to make you bleed nonstop I'm sure you wouldn't be operating to your full ability.

• Like 2

soooooo bottom line is..... OP needs to learn how to play better? The effect is staying bro, besides when the whole is done everybody will be most of the time greyed out lol or at least having a hard time to stay healthy. Better start learning

Nearly a month later and 109 replies about this topic? It's constantly at the top of the list.

Come on guys, discuss something worth talking about. Let these stupid topics fade away. Nobody wants to read 6 pages of "no fuck that" replies.

• Like 1

Maybe this isn't the game for you OP?

• Like 2

This is *almost* like saying "the damage from zombies needs to go because it's causing me to fix myself".  One of the beefs I've had with every FPS I've ever played before DayZ was that you could take 1-2-3 rounds in the chest and many times still live.. and almost always just go right on about your business like nothing ever happened.  I didn't like it then, and I certainly would not want that mentality to any further creep into DayZ.

DayZ isn't about graphics, it never was and never will be.  It's about a pretty unique gameplay experience among a genre with a sea of "run around, bang bang bang, I shot you more than you shot me.  Run run run, bang bang, you're dead."  I very much like the fact that an encounter in DayZ can result in BOTH shooters dying vs. pure reaction based deathmatch.

If you're in it for the graphics you're missing out.

• Like 1

OP is upset because when you lose blood you start to lose color in your screen, stating that losing color on your screen makes your screen not display colors very well..

Am I right or am I confused?

This is ridiculous!

All I hear from the OP and the people that agree with him is

Bitch, cry, moan because there graphics don't look good anymore because they don't know how to play the game.

First off all, having the color fade is NOT lazy it's creative and realistic. Having a health bar is stupid, lazy, and the same as every other game.

Second, I never have my color faded for more than 30 min at the most. All you need to do is find water, eat plenty before filling on water.

You might need antibiotics or alcohol tincture to clean your wounds to help get you to "healthy" status which triggers blood regeneration.

This game is not like any other game. You need to think about things differently from other games.

This isn't broken and doesn't need to be fixed. You just need a better understanding of the games mechanics.

Watch these videos that were posted earlier:

If blurriness and saturation last for more than a few minutes at a time, you are indeed playing the game wrong.

Video Guide on Eating, Drinking and Regeneration by Merino
Video Guide on Health and healing status by Merino

If your screen is blurry and colorful, your blood has returned, but you are still badly damaged. Your health is still really low. In order to regenerate health you need to be well hydrated and well fed, and stay that way. You should eat everything you find (don't save it for later) and drink to full stomach as often as you can.

You don't fully understand how healing and blood regeneration relate to hunger and thirst. Watch these videos.
If you eat and drink regularly you will get the healthy status (shown in your inventory). While healthy and well fed and hydrated, you can recover your saturation and sharpness in just a few minutes, and be ready to fight or defend yourself right away.

Never worry about blur or grayness again. Watch those guides, you wont regret it.

No. Don't like that idea. Maybe you should to heal or attack a can of beans before a player

Edited by Loafy
  • Like 1

I'd say that the color loss is one of the main incentives not to just kill everyone on sight. When you get low enough that it's a problem, you either get a saline/blood off someone, you die or you learn to live colorblind.

I am actually sifting through towns and run into teh occasional zombie or axe wielding player. Unlike you who basically server camp hops balota/NW. And if guns are involved you never run into the problem of a faded colors, becaus you are dead too soon. But if you get into melee combat with other players and you survive that then you will have to play with these colors for some time

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

I enjoy the losing color part, nothing like running around with low blood saying things like "I remember the world when it had color"

There's no need to be rude. You could just play Battlefield 4 if you want to fap to oversatured colours and lens flares.

How the hell are you a forum moderator?

• Like 1

I'm on the side of the OP. Bars are useful in games as I cannot actually feel or hear accurately what my character is experiencing in the game.

I want the eye and ear symbol back. How do I know the amount of sound I'm making? Is the sound in my headset accurately reflecting how easy I am to be heard by characters or zombies? You haven't a clue! In the mod I'd hear sounds that were not in balance with the ear scale... I also cannot tell how thick the grass is I'm in and how that reflects, in the games reality, to the zombies... the game has to tell me in order to make accurate decisions. In real life I know exactly how quiet I am being if I'm being sensed by a zombie by it's reactions... does it look around? This isn't and cannot be accurately modeled in a game. Same for if I'm able to be seen or not. 

I'm for having a button like "I" or something bring up a menu of the five bars. That's Stomach, Energy, Water, Blood, and Health... In the gameI can't really get a feeling that I'm not outright hungry but I could use a little bit of food. You can't accurately reproduce the complexity of the human nervous system without giving a direct measurement. I have many, many states of hunger, etc... Therefore I feel any system without a bar indicator is inherently inaccurate and unrealistic. I know EXACTLY how hungry I am in real life. If I've lost blood, I can feel faint, dizzy, light headed, etc.. and so so forth... I need a bar to get that level of feedback. Same with water. Same with sickness. I can know if I'm a little warm, hot, scratchy throat, itchy, nauseous(even before I'm near throwing up)... these lists go on and on... and again the only way to get that level of detail and realism translated to you as a player is a bar.

I know there are players on both sides... So, I think it should be a server option like 3rd person. To each their own.

Perfect, these ideas and arguments are perfect. 

People like the OP have to go.

Yes, exile and silence all differing opinions, sounds like a great way for a community to grow. Seems familiar....

Edit: And good god man, you've been playing DayZ for what, all of 3 or 4 weeks? Now you're telling people they need to go due to their opinions on mechanics? Get real...

Edited by MakeThemListen
  • Like 1