rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

Can anyone advise what the following means?

• Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser

I've seen the "X" in the server list and I "presume" that what's referred to, but I'm not sure.

Also, how do you find one of the "experimental" servers Rocket has mentioned from time to time?

Can anyone advise what the following means?

• Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser

I've seen the "X" in the server list and I "presume" that what's referred to, but I'm not sure.

Also, how do you find one of the "experimental" servers Rocket has mentioned from time to time?

yes. it is the X in the server-list.

But you can click on properties of dayZ in steam and enable the "experimental build" if you want to play the most recent (non-stable) version. You are limited in available servers but so far they updated the stable-build only a few hours later. So it does not really matter. 

Hi Staff of DayZ loving the game a lot except for a few things you need to have a go at fixing:

NUMBER 1 i have a glitch where no matter what setting i make for my character i always spawn in as an asian woman, ive tried different skin coloured males different clothes and different servers and it doesnt seem to work no matter what.

NUMBER 2 the nighttime glitch, 24 hours a day of night time is so hard to start out on for new players finding items and dodging zombies and players is hard to do when its pitch black, once you get started its not so bad but when you just spawn in its a real pain.

Other than those two thing i think you have done well and i hope to see more success for you guys.

Addendum to my bug report on page 7:

- Licking the batteries to test them makes a loud munching sound. I'm not eating the battery.

- Video settings keep switching to blurry eyecandy mode. Goes away after clicking on the "Video" button (without changes having to be made)

- Character keeps moaning even a long time after wounds are healed (i.e. light fall damage, "long time"=2 hours+)

- Taping mags together in the inventory doesn't seem to work (either that or I'm doing it wrong, maybe tape too damaged. haven't tried taking mag into my hands yet)

- Shouldering/Taking weapon in hands still stops characters from running on some servers (even tho they have the update that supposedly fixes that. Reconnecting sometimes helps, but not always.)

- Mosin bayonett doesn't seem to be able to open cans. Used to work in an earlier build. Nearly died because of this.

- Sickness messages and unconsciousness should provide some information on what could fix the illness/coma.

- Burlap sack has no storage squares. Would be nice as an improvised backpack/ handheld/ crafted BACKpack

- When shot once or twice most items in a backpack take heavy damage. Not some random few. Not one. Most. (Shotgun should naturally do a more widespread damage to objects than single gunshots tho)

- Characters regain hunger too quick. As is, a completely eaten can of beans lasts estimated ~20 minutes.

- Drinking water (i.e. from wells) until you feel full requires spamming of the drinking process. Are there other ways to achieve the same effect with less spam?

- Drinking water from a well gives out a message like "You drink water from a POND" (if the engine can't distinguish between ponds and wells just change the message to "You drink water" while canteens and bottles etc should say "You take a zip of water" or the like)

- Combat logging (if you have enough time to shoot at a person before you go to work/leave the house then you should have enough time to fight it out for at least another X minutes otherwise your character dies or loses a main component of your inventory such as main weapon or backpack if you disconnect before this timer runs out. If the person you shot at dies you should be able to disconnect without penalties before timer runs out. Should prevent combat logging a great deal. If people have to leave the house at a 2 minutes notice then they should not engage in a firefight they don't want to see through. To be specific: "shoot"/"shot" means actually hitting and injuring another player. If you miss and don't hit anything no timer should be started. This system would also require a mechanism to detect client-kill-disconnects and avoid server-crash genocide of both parties involved while timer was still running before server crashed)

Work your magic R.!

Edited by app0815
  • Like 2

- Licking the batteries to test them makes a loud munching sound. I'm not eating the battery.

- Video settings keep switching to blurry eyecandy mode. Goes away after clicking on the "Video" button (without changes having to be made)

- Character keeps moaning even a long time after wounds are healed (i.e. light fall damage, "long time"=2 hours+)

- Taping mags together in the inventory doesn't seem to work (either that or I'm doing it wrong, maybe tape too damaged. haven't tried taking mag into my hands yet)

- Shouldering/Taking weapon in hands still stops characters from running on some servers (even tho they have the update that supposedly fixes that. Reconnecting sometimes helps, but not always.)

- Mosin bayonett doesn't seem to be able to open cans. Used to work in an earlier build. Nearly died because of this.

- Sickness messages and unconsciousness should provide some information on what could fix the illness/coma.

- Burlap sack has no storage squares. Would be nice as an improvised backpack/ handheld/ crafted BACKpack

- When shot once or twice most items in a backpack take heavy damage. Not some random few. Not one. Most. (Shotgun should naturally do a more widespread damage to objects than single gunshots tho)

- Characters regain hunger too quick. As is, a completely eaten can of beans lasts estimated ~20 minutes.

- Drinking water (i.e. from wells) until you feel full requires spamming of the drinking process. Are there other ways to achieve the same effect with less spam?

- Drinking water from a well gives out a message like "You drink water from a POND" (if the engine can't distinguish between ponds and wells just change the message to "You drink water" while canteens and bottles etc should say "You take a zip of water" or the like)

- Combat logging (if you have enough time to shoot at a person before you go to work/leave the house then you should have enough time to fight it out for at least another X minutes otherwise your character dies or loses a main component of your inventory such as main weapon or backpack if you disconnect before this timer runs out. If the person you shot at dies you should be able to disconnect without penalties before timer runs out. Should prevent combat logging a great deal. If people have to leave the house at a 2 minutes notice then they should not engage in a firefight they don't want to see through. To be specific: "shoot"/"shot" means actually hitting and injuring another player. If you miss and don't hit anything no timer should be started. This system would also require a mechanism to detect client-kill-disconnects and avoid server-crash genocide of both parties involved while timer was still running before server crashed)

Work your magic R.!

The "You drank water from a POND..." is a Script code for drink from a pond or well it's just worded wrong should read You have drank some water... ~[GSN] Pager

p.s.

Just because they say they have fixed something does mean everyone system will act the same to it... This is ALPHA there will be problems and in the full release there going to be problems to you can't fix everything.

Edited by Pager

yes. it is the X in the server-list.

But you can click on properties of dayZ in steam and enable the "experimental build" if you want to play the most recent (non-stable) version. You are limited in available servers but so far they updated the stable-build only a few hours later. So it does not really matter.[\quote] 

Okay, thanks. I've "accepted" the Experimental Build in the Beta tab but where on the Servers List will I find the Experimental servers? How are they identified?

Edited by Joe Shaw

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!

Edit: Wait, will this also fix it for when they are alive? I've heard live players talking as well...

could have muted tho,but its takes time to do that whit 40 players etc. and u cant hear shit when ppl really talk to u

Great JOB! I just  bought dayz from Steam. I am soo happy. I want expierence those bugs :D I am ready

• Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
  • Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die

What if you disconnect because of an internet problem or a computer that crashed? Is there a way to identify if a player dced because of a problem or combat logged?

• Like 1

Work your magic R.!

You need to post all this things to feedback.dayzgame.com

Edited by aN00B1s

What if you disconnect because of an internet problem or a computer that crashed? Is there a way to identify if a player dced because of a problem or combat logged?

If this happens during combat that's bad luck tbh. Any form of combatlogging should be punished even if it's unintentional. It's the only way to prevent people from finding "loopholes" and abusing the system.

If you get shot, you die, simple.. it's not realistic shooting at somebody that vanishes in thin air, it kills the experience.

• Like 2

As a software developer myself, i'd say its not. As people will always find what triggers it and what not. 

Its a tad bit annoying situation, as the ways i can think of is far from perfect.

Optimal would be that you would be stuck on that server for an x hours, if you logs your body stays on the ground appearing only half dead.  

Edited by Iemitsu
  • Like 1

My character still stops sometimes when changing weapons.

I've noted this issue in the bug tracker.  There seems to be an issue with sidearm movement.  All other items work appropriately.

I think the Patches have problems retroactively fixing characters created before the patch went LIVE.

My character was created Pre-patch and I had trouble doing things, but my friends was created Post-patch and he had no problems.

Drink once and and start drinking. Have hard stops at the point 'Thirst' goes away, and when fully quenched. Movement before this simply activates 'Action Canceled' mechanic. ATM, hitting 'Drink from...' action 15 to 20 times really breaks immersion.

Combat logging is not that big a deal. Your suggestion probably goes too far in making a mechanic that becomes exploitable by the 'other' other party. Simply spray a crap load of bullets at a lot of people in the hope that enough of them Combat Log to justify the ammo expenditure. Differentiating between the different ways in which a connection could be lost would require a lot of work and you still wouldn't be able to differentiate between deliberate action and Act-of-God.

A much simpler way would be to have a general 10~15 sec delay when logging out. If player cannot perform any action in this time and there is some visual cue to their action, this would stop most of the most grevious uses of Combat Logging. The delay shouldn't have much of an impact on your general logging as you'd be doing this in a reletively safe location with a view to re-logging back in.

Of course, this becomes a non-issue when we are allowed to actually have private servers and play with our own friends who are there to play the game and not game the play!

the biggest issue right now is the disappearing bodies

somebody attacks you or you want someones gear - either you kill him and don't gain anything or you die and lose everything

will there be a hotfix for that, please?

Good, you were server hopping. Thanks for the admittance.

To be fair I had loot on a server that was quite empty and very laggy.  I tried to join a friend on another server and lost everything.  I am all for stopping server hoppers but if this sort of feature is going to be common it might put a bit of a damper on the accessibility for those of us that can't play 24/7.

Not a big deal? It is a big deal lol hes punishing people who haven't got all day to play games that can sit and wait for someone to blood bag or saline bag you (this isn't the mod ...getting this loot takes a lot of time) and that's time they may not have and shouldn't need to have as they should be able to leave the game whilst unconscious ...do what they need to do be it look after kids or go to work then continue from where they left off when they have spare time. Whats wrong with that ? They shouldn't be punished and lose all there gear/loot because of something so stupid as not being able to leave and continue.

Its not as if their combat logging or cheating is it ? If they were shot by someone then disconnected then yes they should be forced to respawn . Dean needs to add to this design and make it only affect people who recently received damage from other players. That way it helps to fight combat loggers and doesn't punish innocent people.

You are absolutely right!

Why extra punish someone who is arlerady punished, like being unconscious or cuffed. You are literally bound. What is wrong with getting away from the game and come back whenever you have the time

• Like 1

I'd def say that making loot spawn more frequently than "once a restart" is of a lot higher priority than vehicles. And I am really looking forward to vehicles..

So far things are looking pretty good though. GJ and merry xmas!

I'm not going to say anything about loosing my loot because I d/c but I understand "Welcome to Alpha" and this will not be sorted until hives will be introduced. But you could please maybe increase the zombies and more animals? But I was expecting worse. This alpha isn't even that buggy at all.. I've seen so much in mod nothing will surprise me.

Edited by Asegagi