OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Can i run the game with Acer Aspire V5-572G Intel Dual Core I7 2.0ghz with boost u to 3.1ghz, gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M with 4 gb. 8gb ram ?

Can i run the game with Acer Aspire V5-572G Intel Dual Core I7 2.0ghz with boost u to 3.1ghz, gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M with 4 gb. 8gb ram ?

Yes, you can run the game, but it won't run particularly well. You would definitely be playing on lower graphics settings with fairly low frame rates.

hello im looking forward to playing this game tommorow i've already purchased day z and tommorow i'm getting this laptop will i be okay to run day z 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-17-k251na-17-3-laptop-silver-10107442-pdt.html

well . . . you will run it, but laptop isn´t the best platform for gaming ;-) so don´t except graphic miracles . . .

hello im looking forward to playing this game tommorow i've already purchased day z and tommorow i'm getting this laptop will i be okay to run day z 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-17-k251na-17-3-laptop-silver-10107442-pdt.html

Do you need a laptop? That machine will struggle badly, but you could build a desktop that will run the game great for the same price.

Do you need a laptop? That machine will struggle badly, but you could build a desktop that will run the game great for the same price.

i bought a desktop instead it has i7 4790k gtx 745 3.6 ghz to 4.0ghz will it be fine ?

i bought a desktop instead it has i7 4790k gtx 745 3.6 ghz to 4.0ghz will it be fine ?

That's a decent CPU but I'd need more information (on the graphics card, mainly) to tell you how well it will run.

The graphics card is very weak. You will want to upgrade that at some point, which will also require a power supply upgrade.

aslong as i can play higher then 10 fps lmao and it's better then some people i've seen streaming it so hopefully it all goes ok lol

aslong as i can play higher then 10 fps lmao and it's better then some people i've seen streaming it so hopefully it all goes ok lol

Well luckily DayZ runs more from the CPU than the graphics card, so it won't be as bad as it could be, but the system is really poorly balanced so it will under perform overall.

That seems to be the case with most prebuilt systems. They either give you a really nice CPU and then skimp on the graphics card or vice versa. One of the main reasons that it's always better to buy the parts and assemble it yourself.

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: Intel i7-4710HQ 2.5ghz normal mode - 3.3ghz high performance mode

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4600

RAM:* 8gb

SSD? (Yes/No) no

Windows 8.1

1tb hdd

Edited by raymondrox1

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768
CPU: Intel i7-4710HQ 2.5ghz normal mode - 3.3ghz high performance mode
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM:* 8gb
SSD? (Yes/No) no
Windows 8.1
1tb hdd

Can it run? Yes. But very slow because of the integrated graphics. 800x600 very low and the gpu still can't keep up. I have the 4710HQ with 980M, ran with hd4600 few times accidently.

If you can bare with the 20-30fps then it's ok.

Can it run? Yes. But very slow because of the integrated graphics. 800x600 very low and the gpu still can't keep up. I have the 4710HQ with 980M, ran with hd4600 few times accidently.

If you can bare with the 20-30fps then it's ok.

okay, can you tell me some settings because i just bought the game and i can get lag fixed but all of a sudden graphics are bad, then i fix graphics and the it goes laggy pls help

It was so slow for me i didn't play long with intel hd4600. Didn't notice any bad graphics. My settings were 800x600 with all settings off or minimum.

It was so slow for me i didn't play long with intel hd4600. Didn't notice any bad graphics. My settings were 800x600 with all settings off or minimum.

ahh thats weird... when i first loaded dayz yesterday the resolution was so weird like it was zoomed out just enough so i could read it and after many failed attempts i restarted the game put my glasses on (which didnt help) and then randomly clicked the right box and the changed game resolution to 1366 x 768 x 32. also my computers resolution is 1366 x 768 x 60. could you possibly use the 4600 graphics (but take note of your settings before you change otherwise you will have to redo everything...) and do a in-depth setup and possibly tell me what settings to use  actually describing the settings pls

I tried to run it on intel hd4600. It runs around  50% gpu usage with 30fps on minimal settings with 100% render resolution. In cherno on top of the police station facing the city. bottlenecked by the cpu in this case as i get no fps difference between 980m. So it's definitively playable on lowest possible graphical settings.

All what i did was to change resolution to 1366x768 and put all the graphical settings to minimal. Off or either very low, lowest setting that it allows me to set to. Setting them to low/normal and the gpu starts to run 100% and bottleneck.

Check the temperature of your laptop, possible it gets so laggy because it's getting too hot and downclocking itself.

http://i.imgur.com/GlboCvr.jpg

Edited by smochi

Laptop

Processor: Intel Core i3-4005U (1.7 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)

Memory: 4GB DDR3 L Memory

Graphics: Intel HD Graphic 4400

DirectX: Version 11

Resolution: 1366 x 768

1024x768 with all lowest settings, everything turned off. In big citys, like cherno or elektro, I am not sure. You might lag out and freeze a lot.

The processor speed being 1.7ghz is the big problem. You're GPU is fine...

Edited by eviscerate

Laptop

Processor: Intel Core i3-4005U (1.7 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)

Memory: 4GB DDR3 L Memory

Graphics: Intel HD Graphic 4400

DirectX: Version 11

Resolution: 1366 x 768

it is probably not the best idea to buy it, dayz runs more on cpu than gpu. Also the minimum requirements are i5 not i3

Community, I'm helping a friend see if he can run DayZ..

HP Pavilion g7-1277dx laptop

Monitor resolution: 1600 x 900

CPU: 2.5GHz/1.9GHz VISION A4 Technology from AMD with AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M Accelerated Processor

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6480G Discrete-Class Graphics

RAM: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

SSD? I'm really not sure. Link to laptop specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03024323

B)

Edited by blunce

Community, I'm helping a friend see if he can run DayZ..

HP Pavilion g7-1277dx laptop

Monitor resolution: 1600 x 900

CPU: 2.5GHz/1.9GHz VISION A4 Technology from AMD with AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M Accelerated Processor

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6480G Discrete-Class Graphics

RAM: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

SSD? I'm really not sure. Link to laptop specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03024323

B)

The lowest of settings...if that

Thank you Baker, ily   :wub:

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

I would have to agree. Even a desktop Intel dual core struggles. A laptop AMD dual core under 2.0ghz base might catch fire trying to run this. 

• Like 1

Okay so I'm purchasing a new gaming laptop (I cannot get a desktop) with these specs: 

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i5-4200M (2.5GHz-3.1GHz, 3MB Intel® Cache) - ONLY SUPPORTS 2 RAM SLOTS

15.6” FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080)

8GB RAM

Windows 7 pro.

Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB

BTW its a MSI GE60 (but the FORCE 16GC version) laptop.

And im buying it for about $950

Im pretty sure it can run the Arma 2 DayZ mod, but im not sure about the standalone version. Any info is appreciated :) Thanks.