OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

hey guys I originally posted in the MOD section to the same subject, but as this one seems to get more attention from users I decided to post in here aswell.

just in process of building a budget PC, mostly to play the newer games from 2013 -2015 on med - high settings.

Please be aware that I do have some of the components, but suggestions for future updates are more than welcome!

Desktop or laptop: Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920*1080p (37" Full HD LG TV)

CPU: i5-4690K

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Grafics card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti

Ram: 8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX 1600mhz

HDD: 1TB Oldschool. - will change that in next month defo ;p

As on my old pc the game ran with 15-28 fps on Lowest settings (inc. all the tweaks) I know the new pc will run the game smoothly on Low, my most important question is will it run with stable 40-50 fps on Medium (at least) hopefuly including cities... ( not too much hope for that).

Thanks in advance for your helpful Responses!

• Like 1

So my current specs are:

Cpu: Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz

Gpu: Ati Radeon HD 6870

RAM: 16GB Corsair 1333mhz

Psu: Tcm iGreen

Motherboard: Not actually sure standard Dell Studio 8100 series board

Ive just upgraded to this today and havent been able to feel around my new Fps rates etc

Im getting around about 100fps in buildings in small/medium sized towns and about 50 - 60 outside im assuming that will increase as I hit wilderness etc, but ive yet to reach a big city, just wondering what you reckon my Fps would be like, as i want to start recording gameplay, 

Any ideas ? Im quite far away from cherno/elektro etc just wanted your opinions.

ps I would love to join a squad/community etc

Edited by Nick_1337

So my current specs are:

Cpu: i7

Gpu: Ati Radeon HD 6870

RAM: 16GB Corsair 1333mhz

Psu: Tcm iGreen

Motherboard: Not actually sure standard Dell Studio 8100 series board

Im getting around about 100fps in buildings in small/medium sized towns but ive yet to reach a big city, just wondering what you reckon my Fps would be like, as i want to start recording gameplay, and about 50 - 60 outside im assuming that will increase as I hit wilderness etc.

Any ideas ? Im quite far away from cherno/elektro etc just wanted your opinions.

ps I would love to join a squad/community etc

First off, the more you can tell us the better. For example "i7" doesn't tell us which i7, only that it's one of many of that model, and they've been around for a while so the range of performance is quite large.

This is probably going to get moved, but I'll say this: at this stage in the game, even good hardware will struggle to play DayZ well.

First off, the more you can tell us the better. For example "i7" doesn't tell us which i7, only that it's one of many of that model, and they've been around for a while so the range of performance is quite large.

This is probably going to get moved, but I'll say this: at this stage in the game, even good hardware will struggle to play DayZ well.

Yeah just realised and edited 

Hi, just seeing if I'd be able to play. Not too concerned with top of the line, but hoping I can get a decent game.

Laptop

CPU: AMD A8 -5550M APU 2.1 GHZ

Graphics AMD Radeon 8550G

3.3 GB Ram

According to Can You Run It, my computer fits half way between minimum and recommended, but any advice is appreciated. 

short answer, no it propably wont.

but even if it does you wont be able to enjoy it, because of laggs and very low resolution

as dayz is still in development, and they even plan to release a console version, why don't you wait a bit.

Hey dudes. I'm building a gaming PC this week and I'm looking for opinions as it's the first one I'll be building myself. I know there are quite a bit of other forums out there to ask for advice, but I'll post it here to see what I get back.

Here is the potential build I'm looking at. I'm sure it'll run DayZ, however any insight on to how well it will would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wjT3vK

Edited by ianwrecked

Here's my settings, will I be able to play somewhat decently?

Laptop

CPU: AMD A8 -5550M APU 2.1 GHZ

Graphics AMD Radeon 8550G

4 GB Ram

I run elder scrolls online  on medium high with no problem but when I downloaded and open dayz it is so blocky and impossible to see anything I cant read the setting but have tried every setteing  

-HP Pavillion TS 15 Notebook PC

-processer intel ® core i5 4200 CPU @1.60GHz (4 CPUs), 2.3GHz

-Radron HD 8670M

-8192MB RAM

not sure where to find monitor resolution or SSD ?

Considering your setup doesn't match the minimum requirements, I'm not surprised that it won't run it at all.

I run elder scrolls online  on medium high with no problem but when I downloaded and open dayz it is so blocky and impossible to see anything I cant read the setting but have tried every setteing  

-HP Pavillion TS 15 Notebook PC

-processer intel ® core i5 4200 CPU @1.60GHz (4 CPUs), 2.3GHz

-Radron HD 8670M

-8192MB RAM

not sure where to find monitor resolution or SSD ?

It is no surprise to me that the game is running blocky and such. Attempt to get the resolution to the proper setting so you can see everything and imo put all of the settings on low. The laptop that you have is a decent working laptop, but in no respect is it a gaming laptop. TLDR: Either attempt to work with it on low settings or save up for a newer computer.

Windows 7

Desktop

Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core i5 3.2GHz

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

RAM: 4GB

SSD: No

Danke

Hello, guys, i've bought DayZ, but i can't run it in fact.  

Desktop or laptop? laptop
Monitor resolution:  17.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900)
CPU:  intel core i7-4710 HQ up to 3.5 GHz
Graphics card:  Nvidia geforce 840m  2GB
RAM:*  8GB 
SSD? (Yes/No) No 

I, personally, think, that my laptop meets even reccomended requirements, but when i try to play DayZ (made graphics to as low as possible) the view is like 2005's game and got like slide show. I can run CS:GO, DS2, Shadow of mordor and so on w/o any lag. I'd appreciate some help of u. 
Edited by effigy

Hi all!

So I really want to play this game however I don't have any dedicated video ram. Will I still be able to play this game? I pass on all the other requirements. Please see my laptop specs below:

cDXLEWw.png

xhFsRid.png

Thanks!

Hi all!

I don't have any dedicated video ram. Will I still be able to play this game?

I'm afraid not, you will need an adequate gpu to run the game.

Merged.

I'm afraid not, you will need an adequate gpu to run the game.

Merged.

Thanks for your reply. It doesnt say on that screenshot but I have Intel HD Graphics 4400 and up to 1792mb Dynamic Video Memory - not sure if that changes anything! and it also doesnt say I have Intel Core i7-4510U 2.0GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1Ghz.

Thanks.

Edited by unsworth94

That's on-die graphics, isn't it? You'll need a dedicated gpu for this.

Hi guys, 

im thinking about buying dayz but im not sure if i can run this game with a decent fps (~60 fps) with low settings

my system:

Windows 7 32 bit

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Prozessor 3.00 GHz

3,25 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 430

thanks

Hi guys, 

im thinking about buying dayz but im not sure if i can run this game with a decent fps (~60 fps) with low settings

my system:

Windows 7 32 bit

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Prozessor 3.00 GHz

3,25 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 430

thanks

You should be ok, a good internet connection is also important.

Merged.

That's on-die graphics, isn't it? You'll need a dedicated gpu for this.

I'm not too sure im not clued up on computer specs :) Would I not be able to play even on low settings?

Thanks.

Hi, 

I bought the game yesterday, and it doesn´t run too well, it run very slow for moments. (sorry for my bad english) 

This is my config; 

Laptop 

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080p 

I7 4500U 1.8 Ghz with turbo speed 3.0 Ghz

RAM: 8GB 

Nvidia 745m (2gb) 

SSD: No 

Thanks for your help!