Skat3rat

My first 30 minutes of playing DayZ Standalone

So here is the first story on the forums of SA.

I spawn in and it's a dark moonless night.  I find that I had spawned just next to Balota Airfield so I start working my way over there.  That's when I see my first player.  He's unarmed and we let each other know we have no intentions of harming each other.  He goes one way and I continue to the Airfield.

When I got there, I decided to head over to the two story military building to see if I can find an M4.  When I get inside I hear a distant gun shot and so I decide to take a quick look out the window to see if I can see anyone.  I don't so I start looting.

I found some jeans and soda but no guns.  As I'm about to check the second floor, a flashlight beam comes through the door.  I hide behind the stairs and plan to make a run for it when I can.  The guy walks over to pick something up, when another player runs in with a hammer.

The hammer man starts beating the first guy and the first guy starts screaming over direct chat for someone to help him.  There was nothing I could do, so I make a sprint out the door.  The hammer guy turns around and starts chasing me.  When he got out the door a M4 shot rang out and killed him.  

I made a run for it to Cherno after that.  As I'm heading along the highway I see a player with a Mosin heading towards me.  I go prone and hide in the shadows.  He walks right past me without even noticing me. 

I continued onto Cherno and started looting a building when the server I was playing on crashed.

Hope you enjoyed my quick story.  It is now time for me to get back on StandAlone.

• Like 14

So, KOS is still going even on the zero hour, pretty sad.

That's what I was JUST thinking.... It's ALREADY happening because the jackasses from the mod found out that the game is released. So much for bug testing.

• Like 2

I spawn in balota :| is classic first spawn

I sit on docks for 20 minute try to make torch working :huh:

I make working but I put un ground don't manage to pick up :blush:

after I going to airfield

there is player with gun stand over dead body I say 'hey' :)

he say me 'hey is my friend he fall from roof take what you need but wait till I finish'

so I going to check hangars and building

I find pristine baseball bat and rocket aviator B)

I going back to body gun guy is gone I taking some beanie hat and also extra battery

then I see player with axe coming I don't manage to put baseball bat In hands so I decide is best I crouch behind bin wait for quiet time :ph34r:

then I running to cherno and stop to come on forums discover how I using bat for melee also fists for punch ;)

• Like 1

That is a bit rough for first cpl of hours for ppl to start KOS.  Gee.  'You can take the bandit out of the country but you cant take the bandit out of the country' lol

So, KOS is still going even on the zero hour, pretty sad.

Uh, yeah? That's the nature of the game.

Stop being crybabies and embrace the sandbox.

I spawned in at Kamenka on a 3 player server, spent 5 minutes getting used to the inventory and controls then began looting, 25 minutes of looting later I finally found my first item, a rotten apple. I wolfed it down because my character was hungry and instantly regretted it as I was flooded with messages saying I felt sick and my personal favourite "I have a weird taste in your mouth". I slowly found more and more food and drink and then I stumbled across them. Rocket Shades. Fuck yeah. Well I am done with DayZ SA forever now I don't need to play anymore because I might lose my sweet shades.

Uh, yeah? That's the nature of the game.

Stop being crybabies and embrace the sandbox.

I`m not being a crybaby, but we all hoped that KOS would stop, but seems that it didnt, no need for calling crybaby to anyone.

I`m not being a crybaby, but we all hoped that KOS would stop, but seems that it didnt, no need for calling crybaby to anyone.

Hoping that the nature of a sandbox PVP game will change due to {{reason uncited}} is pretty tearful.

Had a pretty decent first bite tonight. Managed to find loot and saw other players also. Most skilled players I know don´t KOS people but are willing to open up pretty quick if things go south. You can´t get rid of people wanting to KOS other players it is just what Dayz has turned into since they turned Zombies a bit of an ambience really. Stay safe, be careful and survive....

So KoS mentality showed itself on hour zero. Very nice... Veerryyy nice...

• Like 1

Quick warning to everyone, ladders appear to be glitchy and they actually killed me.  Just a heads up for you all.

• Like 1

Don't know about you guys but I met 4 awesome dudes in Komarovo and got them aquainted to the game, walked through to Cherno appartments, where we where ambushed from the rooftops. I took a bullet but managed to bandage it in time. We lost a guy to a headshot from a Mosin. Damn it sounded good. We cried for our loss. We left, and meet up at the northern Cherno outskirts close to the other appartment blocks. I there passed out and had a very emotional last chat to my comrades, bidding them farewell. I told them to take my stuff and continue without me. A few minutes after they'd left I died. 

Loved every second of it.

Edited by Zarniwoop

. I took a bullet but managed to bandage it in time. We lost a guy to a headshot from a Mosin. Damn it sounded good. We cried for our loss. 

Wipes a single tear..carry on the good fight Zarni, Chernarus needs you more than ever.

• Like 3

I logged back in to see I had accidentally ghosted behind another player, naturally my first thought was kill him and take his rotten apple and bloodstained jeans like a homicidal hoarder. Then I decided that perhaps talking to this guy would be a good idea instead of gently slapping him with my fists. It wasn't. Somehow this guy had managed to hide a mosin in his asshole because he turned around unarmed then pulled it out and shot me. Obviously I still loved every moment of it as it was so tense! Seriously I can't stop grinning like an idiot whilst playing and zombies are fucking terrifying at night, the creepy fuckers don't shamble around letting us hear them any more, they like to stand still near corners so I turn around and shine my light into their face and promptly shit myself.

Was two hours...

Spawned in Kamenka in pitch black, no loot anywhere. Tired, thirsty, pump didn't work AFAIK

Ran to the base and rummaged through everything, few food items, gas mask, water bottle, clothing, M4, axe, FAKs, etc

Made it to Pavlovo, searched town, couldn't find any food, headaches, refilled at well

Started running to Zeleno..... BOOM unconscious in the middle of the woods.

• Like 1

It was a normal evening like anyother. Doing Epoch. Then suddenly in the teamspeak someone whispers *Standalone is out* these news reached our game server aswell. Player numbers just cleared. Wait for host to let you log out. I crashed my SUV in the sheer pandemonium of wanting to alt tab.

Bought DZSA and insta deleted the mod. I will dedicate all my dayz time into this.

Spent good 10 minutes trying to make my default character my own. Then i spawned, giggling like some dimwhit whilst watching the loading screen.

My first landfall was at kamenka -> Komarovo road. Amazed by how much better the SA is looking even at night. Spent another 5 mins fiddling with the flashlight. Chalked it down as a bug in my mind and ran (figured it out 10+ min later though :P ). spent some time just taking the ambience in. Ran over to the 3story industrial by komarovo. OFC someone with a flashlight tried to beat me to death (had a fire extinguisher myself :P ) and he ran off. Made my way over to balota and found some generic stuff. Sides a backpack nothing much in the barracks. Checked the hangers and then found a body, looted him and then went to the ATC, alot of deados in there. Make my way up and look around. ROCKET AVIATORS!! Then ofc the random aggro bambi come around and picks a fight (i had a wrench at this point), his fists was no match for me! He ran aswell and at this point i felt that he will get it went for a chase, game crashed... Log back in unconsious... Dead...

Either way loved every moment of it. The SA actually doesnt feel early alpha to me. More beta tbh. But that just raises my expectations for it. My last alpha participation was ... Dont even want to say that name anymore, makes me gag. But Sergey ring any bells?

KUDOS ROCKET! FOR MAKING THIS A GREAT EXPERIENCE EVEN IN ZERO HOUR!!!

As for the KoS, it is a part of the dayz experience. Havnt we all been there? Noticed the better gear and managed to take him out. Screaming in victory IRL and rifling thru the goodies. 

I am a "bandit" usualy KoS nowadays, pending on mood tbh. NOTE! My first 2 years in the dayz community i was exclusive hero player. Never really payed off. To many douches out there. Only the last 6 months i adopted banditry. Though good guy bandit :P Like to help aswell ;)

• Like 1

^If you KoS how are you a good guy bandit?

Good guy bandit if you ask me is impossible, You can be the guy that helps others... Or you can be the guy that shoots them.

You could be the one that helps who he chooses and shoots who he chooses, then I would regard you as a survivor like me, I never made an effort to be a bandit, trying to help people is far more challenging.

^If you KoS how are you a good guy bandit?

Good guy bandit if you ask me is impossible, You can be the guy that helps others... Or you can be the guy that shoots them.

You could be the one that helps who he chooses and shoots who he chooses, then I would regard you as a survivor like me, I never made an effort to be a bandit, trying to help people is far more challenging.

Mood based as stated ;) I wont think twice to camp a spot for people to relief of gear. But only if im in the mood :P

Bought DZSA and insta deleted the mod. I will dedicate all my dayz time into this.

No fucks given.