SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

The question is, if the streamers do not test the alpha, who else will do it?

The question is, if the streamers do not test the alpha, who else will do it?

Us?

• Like 1

Dayzmod forum members to test the SA?

A few people from these forums are already testing it. You can clearly see klesh and Hetstaine in the videos / streams released by rocket.

WHO FUCKING CARES IF THE STREAMERS GET IT A FEW DAYS EARLIER.   Undoubtedly, they have done more for the game than any of us cry babies and clowns here on the forum.  CHkilroy and Sidestrfe brought THOUSANDS of players to the mod.   FFS it is seems fine to give it to the streamers!!!!!!  THERE are so many impatience whiners in that reddit thread it is insane!!!  Fucking entitled sons a bitches.  YOU don't deserve shit!  I don't deserve shit either!   Just because I come to this forum or post on reddit doesn't make me special.  ANYONE with a toaster can do that!!!  

But the streamers actually post and advertise for the game.  They actually do something for the game.  The rest of us have done nothing but give Bohemia some money for Arma 2 (which also doesn't entitle you to anything DayZ).    

If the streamers got the game a week, month, or year earlier, it wouldn't piss me off.  I would be happy for them.

But APPARENTLY, some fucking morons think that in some convoluted way that *in three year old voice* Wocket iz cheating me.  I wan DayZzeee noaw !(*$&!*@13 !!

Fucking moron couldn't even read far enough to realize they were asking a question.  Unbelievably idiotic.  Way to go cry babies.  You got what you wanted.  Feel good about it?  

EDIT: the more I read that reddit thread, the more entitled bitches I find.  Pathetic

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 10

A few people from these forums are already testing it. You can clearly see klesh and Hetstaine in the videos / streams released by rocket.

I meant everybody for the stress testing

Dayzmod forum members to test the SA?

When it goes public we can test it.  Before that, no

Edited by Vindicator

WHO FUCKING CARES IF THE STREAMERS GET IT A FEW DAYS EARLIER.   Undoubtedly, they have done more for the game than any of us cry babies and clowns here on the forum.  CHkilroy and Sidestrfe brought THOUSANDS of players to the mod.   FFS it is seems fine to give it to the streamers!!!!!!  THERE are so many impatience whiners in that reddit thread it is insane!!!  Fucking entitled sons a bitches.  YOU don't deserve shit!  I don't deserve shit either!   Just because I come to this forum or post on reddit doesn't make me special.  ANYONE with a toaster can do that!!!  

But the streamers actually post and advertise for the game.  They actually do something for the game.  The rest of us have done nothing but give Bohemia some money for Arma 2 (which also doesn't entitle you to anything DayZ).    

If the streamers got the game a week, month, or year earlier, it wouldn't piss me off.  I would be happy for them.

But APPARENTLY, some fucking morons think that in some convoluted way that *in three year old voice* Wocket iz cheating me.  I wan DayZzeee noaw !(*$&!*@13 !!

Fucking moron couldn't even read far enough to realize they were asking a question.  Unbelievably idiotic.  Way to go cry babies.  You got what you wanted.  Feel good about it?  

My thoughts exactly. I think when it comes to these kinds of decisions, it should be brought here to the forum first instead of Reddit, because most of us here actually have a little more time and thought about what is being said and what should be done.

-_-

• Like 2

I meant everybody for the stress testing

That couldn't possibly work. There's far too many people on here and just because you posted on here it qualifies to join the early access?

it should be brought here to the forum first instead of Reddit

I'll just leave it at that. Rocket said his reason to be on reddit is, that he can have a nice conversation about suggestions and because the feedback is immediate.

But I honestly don't see why something like what Hicks posted earlier would have to be happening on Reddit - especially as they now clearly see that hell broke lose on them by posting it on reddit.
Edited by kichilron

That couldn't possibly work. There's far too many people on here and just because you posted on here it qualifies to join the early access?

It's all I have lol.

It's all I have lol.

Ha! They could just give them out to anyone that's posted on here in the last say four hours. That would thin the pool a bit. 

It'll all work out.

Why the fuck would they trust random fanatical fans to test the Alpha and not break the NDA. They wouldn't. We are the worst people to test because we'd blag our mouths about everything in it.

• Like 3

Undoubtedly, they have done more for the game than any of us cry babies and clowns here on the forum. CHkilroy and Sidestrfe brought THOUSANDS of players to the mod.

I don't care, to the slightest degree. Prioritizing people based upon their "contributions" to the mod never made sense to me. Recognize it, sure. But recognize that everyone contributes to the mod/SA by playing/discussing it. It's an issue of message versus messenger. I couldn't care less about the messenger.

Not to mention that Youtubers/Streamers benefit themselves in popularizing the mod, it's not as if they're motivated purely by interest in the game. They're beholden to popularity, others are not. Others are simply here because they're passionate about the mod, and that's as far as their investment goes.

I never understood the worship of streamers or Youtubers. They're frequently off-point, narcissistic, and childish even if they "bring people in". See RhinoCrunch for that one.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 8

Well, we maybe would have been able to watch "perhaps" some ingame footage in their streams. now we get nothing, thats nice too =)

Thanks

Edited by Sloddor

My thoughts exactly. I think when it comes to these kinds of decisions, it should be brought here to the forum first instead of Reddit, because most of us here actually have a little more time and thought about what is being said and what should be done.

-_-

I never used to believe people when they said "Redditor are idiots" but now I totally  understand what they are talking about.   That thread is a giant heap of whining imbeciles.  The upvoting system simply brought the stupid gifs to the top of the thread anyway.  

• Like 2

I don't care, to the slightest degree. Prioritizing people based upon their "contributions" to the mod never made sense to me. Recognize it, sure. But recognize that everyone contributes to the mod/SA by playing/discussing it. It's an issue of message versus messenger. I couldn't care less about the messenger.

Not to mention that Youtubers/Streamers benefit themselves in popularizing the mod, it's not as if they're motivated purely by interest in the game. They're beholden to popularity, others are not. Others are simply here because they're passionate about the mod, and that's as far as their investment goes.

I never understood the worship of streamers or Youtubers. They're frequently off-point, narcissistic, and childish even if they "bring people in". See RhinoCrunch for that one.

I don't like all the streamers.  Rhinocrunch is an asshat who repeatedly fucked himself with dumb as shit decision making.  I personally don't watch Frankie.  but I digress,  the point is that the game needs some testers to play and why not let streamers try it out, and post their opinions.  It could give the devs some good feedback.  Now ofcourse, the public test would also give feedback but the streamers could give a controlled amount for a few days or so before the rest of us get it.  

You make a good point that the streamers are also motivated by money, etc.  But I don't think this is a bad thing.  Giving people earlier access could help their channels grow and we would be able to enjoy the content.  

It seems like a win win.  Devs get feedback from a particular group of people.  The larger community gets to watch.  Who loses?

• Like 2

How is Rocket meant to keep track of NDA by letting random people test it before open alpha?

How is Rocket meant to keep track of NDA by letting random people test it before open alpha?

If they let 100 steamers in, and one of them anonymously leaked info about it, how would they know who it was?

Another thought that I don't want to edit into my post yet.  

I think letting YouTubers like TotalBiscuit, Sidestrafe, and Dsleyxci have the game and let them TEAR the game apart.  Unlike many Streamers who simply ignore flaws or discuss them in strange ways those three that I listed are critical of games.  Dsleyxci has criticized his favorite game (Arma) before and isn't afraid to do so.  TB can be ruthless.  Sidestrafe is also critical and represents another point of view.  I am sure there are many other content creators that also fall into the critical category.  Letting the cash grabbing sensationalist play the game doesn't really help anyone.  But if critics can get their opinion out, EVERYONE wins.  

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 4

It seems like a win win.  Devs get feedback from a particular group of people.  The larger community gets to watch.  Who loses?

I guess the ends do not justify the means for me. I'd rather them just treat everyone with relative equality than open the floodgates for prioritization of certain personalities. Which they have already done (see the forum members who are testing SA) but it's always been limited and controlled (by both the NDA and the fact that the forum testers do not appear to have ulterior motives).

That and I'd rather the community offer relatively unfiltered feedback, rather than just defaulting to the opinions of popular streamers which happens MUCH more often than people think. This way, the developers can get honest feedback from a relatively pure community conception of SA rather than folks entering SA with the issues raised by streamers in the back of their minds looking to confirm every flaw they've seen on the streams.

The problems still get recognized, but without an added layer of slander that is so common to the smug "Yep, see Frankie was right, this is wrong... Devs, WTF?"

Like you say, we'll all get to test it sooner or later. And it's somewhat insignificant, but I want folks to experience DayZ SA for themselves rather than vicariously through others. That doesn't really have to do with the current situation, and is more of my personal grievance with streaming than anything else.

Edited by Katana67

I never suggested that. I'm in favor of keeping the status-quo and have equal access at "open alpha" launch.

If they let 100 steamers in, and one of them anonymously leaked info about it, how would they know who it was?

Easier to keep track of 100 known people than 100 unknown people.

People do Realise that the streamers who were selected wouldn't actually be able to show any content till the game was out right? So they aren't making anything out of doing it!

People do Realise that the streamers who were selected wouldn't actually be able to show any content till the game was out right? So they aren't making anything out of doing it!

To some, it's not about the ends. Given Rocket's qualms, it's less about getting some preliminary testing done and more about not wanting to play favorites. I think Rocket's stance is commendable. He didn't have to put it to the community either, so it's clearly a conflicted issue with the developers and is by no means cut and dry in terms of the debate.

Edited by Katana67