SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Yesterday there was an update from Arma 3 developers basically saying they are going offline till January,16th.  I don't see how other BiS teams would not be getting the same treatment, especially since many DayZ devs are "on loan" from Arma 3. So, I believe if we don't see it out by the next mid week, we can all go back to our normal lives for the next month. 

When they get back in mid January, they'll be out of focus initially, take another look at the project, find new bugs. And let's face it once the 2014 psychological barrier has been breached, there is really no rush to release quickly. So, this/next week or Q2 2014, before the E3.

Yesterday there was an update from Arma 3 developers basically saying they are going offline till January,16th.  I don't see how other BiS teams would not be getting the same treatment, especially since many DayZ devs are "on loan" from Arma 3. So, I believe if we don't see it out by the next mid week, we can all go back to our normal lives for the next month. 

When they get back in mid January, they'll be out of focus initially, take another look at the project, find new bugs. And let's face it once the 2014 psychological barrier has been breached, there is really no rush to release quickly. So, this/next week or Q2 2014, before the E3.

Well if this is a possibility, I wish that the team would just come out and say it's not going to be out before the end of the year, that way we don't have to keep our hopes up every day for a possible release...

I agree, rocket said in one of the Q&A's when asked about if he had in his head a timeline of the release he said yes but doesn't want to say. Which is fine we all know why that is lol but if his timeframe was not for this year you would think he would of at least said that and if ground breaking work was done and it is released before 2014 he's a saint

Can someone tell rocket to tell us whether or not it is this year?

No, cause if he says it is and it doesn't everyone will be pissed. He can't take any risks.

No, cause if he says it is and it doesn't everyone will be pissed. He can't take any risks.

The thing about this bug, is if he knew how to fix it.

It would be fixed by now.

• Like 1

The thing about this bug, is if he knew how to fix it.

It would be fixed by now.

I am just waiting for him to say that they can't figure it out and the game will come out early 2017.

• Like 1

I am super frustrated with rocket and his radio silence on the actual progress of the game. Ragdoll physics! YAY! So that means game comes out early 2017?

I am just waiting for him to say that they can't figure it out and the game will come out early 2017.

We get it, you are impatient. You have said so 20 times now.

But do you remember what you promised?

Anyway I am moving off the topic of my disappointment with the release until rocket says something.

DAYZ SA 2017 CONFIRMED!!!

CHOOO CHOOO

Such hype.

Dean Probably wouldnt even confirm it comes out before then though.

• Like 1

again, rust alpha is out on steam.

again spam/off topic.

If I remove your post it's for a valid reason.

We get it, you are impatient. You have said so 20 times now.

But do you remember what you promised?

I have moved off the topic of why he isn't releasing not the topic of when he is releasing it.

I have moved off the topic of why he isn't releasing not the topic of when he is releasing it.

Thats too close, pick a new topic please.

• Like 1

Because it's not ready.

Edited by Rossums

Yesterday there was an update from Arma 3 developers basically saying they are going offline till January,16th. 

"Devbranch will not be updated from 16.12.2013 to 03.01.2014 (it will resume on Monday06.01.2014)."

i see a difference between not working at all and not updating development branch

(and where did ya get those additional 10 days to their hiatus?)

Edited by Felthat

Really not much time left , since i don't think it'll release between christmas and new year...

It has to be out to the end of the year ... but he didn't say what year :D

• Like 1

Really not much time left , since i don't think it'll release between christmas and new year...

It has to be out to the end of the year ... but he didn't say what year :D

End of 2016 confirmed for early release?!

I like this idea that Rocket is at home relaxing with his family, by the fire roasting chesnuts for the next month.

It's only the 12th of December. Adults don't get a month off for Christmas.

I like this idea that Rocket is at home relaxing with his family, by the fire roasting chesnuts for the next month.

It's only the 12th of December. Adults don't get a month off for Christmas.

I imagine it would make sense they want it out before Christmas.

I know most of the talk was about the first test release. But what do you think the plans are for the game? Will it just update over say a period of its first year adding content and possibly game modes as it rolls. Does the team have the backing for a set period to finish what they have started.

I’m worried it will come out and progress too slowly and end up being left unsupported. I would say and I know the guys have changed a lot but nothing can change the fact it must be running months over what they thought at this stage. 

Edited by sav112

"Devbranch will not be updated from 16.12.2013 to 03.01.2014 (it will resume on Monday06.01.2014)."

i see a difference between not working at all and not updating development branch

(and where did ya get those additional 10 days to their hiatus?)

"Welcome to the last SITuation REPort in 2013. We'll be out of comms for a few weeks during the holiday period, returning on 14.01.2014 with our weekly updates and many awesome things."

Arma3 Sitrep 10.12 

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

I know most of the talk was about the first test release. But what do you think the plans are for the game? Will it just update over say a period of its first year adding content and possibly game modes as it rolls. Does the team have the backing for a set period to finish what they have started.

I’m worried it will come out and progress too slowly and end up being left unsupported. I would say and I know the guys have changed a lot but nothing can change the fact it must be running months over what they thought at this stage.

For that I'd say No Chance! Look at how much support the otherwise 100% free mod got.

With money in pocket and dreams on the horizon the alpha will have so much support.

Why would he tell people to hold out until full release if it was never going to get there?