SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Two, I don't care anymore.

good for you ..

just saying, if they are doing it completely from scratch .. why not do it right?

if they are doing it completely from scratch .. why not do it right?

But you didn't say that, you just listed problems with a broken ACOG. I haven't seen a fully repaired ACOG in SA, so I have no idea whether or not they've done it right.

As a Canadian, I enjoy being underestimated. Going to have to KoS for the first 10 people I see just to make a point.

• Like 2

But you didn't say that, you just listed problems with a broken ACOG. I haven't seen a fully repaired ACOG in SA, so I have no idea whether or not they've done it right.

you could already see how it will look .. just ignore the broken glass.

Its a riot listening to the two guys talking to rocket..."Gee, maybe I'll play the game in a way other than I play CoD".  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Its a riot listening to the two guys talking to rocket..."Gee, maybe I'll play the game in a way other than I play CoD".  :rolleyes:

If there's one thing that really changed the experience of the mod it was when people stopped even considering anything other than a CoD play style. Killing on sight isn't an issue in itself, but a lack of variety in play style, in my opinion, very much is.

• Like 4

I think that adding an animation where the player actually grabs the door handle would really smooth things out when it comes to immersion. Also, creating a "Kick" button (to gain some distance or even knock down zombies / slam closed doors) would be really interesting and helpful to players with low ammo/no weapons. Other than that, I believe there are only 4 major bugs that keeps us away from release:

- Items are not properly highlighted during night time

- Random chance of double character while logging in

- Some entrance stairs found in cherno buildings need to be worked on (said to be worked on this Sunday)

- Zombies may sometimes get stuck on buildings foundations (if the building's lowest floor is a few steps above the ground)

Really hyped out after seeing Cherno from the top of that building, can't wait for the release!

- Items are not properly highlighted during night time

I missed this one. What exactly is this bug? In what way should items be highlighted?

wow. this sucks. no content whatsoever, bugs everywhere. no zeds....yikes.

- a first troll attempt

• Like 3

wow. this sucks. no content whatsoever, bugs everywhere. no zeds....yikes.

- a first troll attempt

u r dum

-first troll feed attempt

• Like 1

Some have said that if you see your doppelganger, your death is sure to come shortly afterwards. I'm glad they will fix it before release.

If there's one thing that really changed the experience of the mod it was when people stopped even considering anything other than a CoD play style. Killing on sight isn't an issue in itself, but a lack of variety in play style, in my opinion, very much is.

That and the lack of consequence. Who gives a fuck about their assault rifle/life when they can just loot a brand new one and get five mags in five minutes? I'm looking forward to seeing how the systemic changes affect KOS, rather than just the very narrow "In hand" mechanics and such that are specifically designed to discourage it.

Punching zeds to the ground ....a good idea i must say :)

What id like to know is if it would be possible to have the bat in one hand and be able to punch the zed with the other ....so i punch the zed to the ground then hit it with the bat. Id also like to know if they could add "strength/power" to the swing of the bat for example.. a short press on the attack button would swing the bat quickly but weakly and holding the attack button would increasingly add damage to the bats attack  (using both hands)

Edited by Massicor

Something sorrily missing from most other video games/shooters (Battlefield especially) in standalone, such a simple thing.

Defensible effing rooftops. No idea why this is such an elusive thing.

So that final lap is getting pretty long. I can't find the tweet on his twitter account anymore, its like the tweet got deleted, but that can't be true because Rocket promised full transparency in the development prosess. Funny how difficult it is to say it won't be out this year when its only a few weeks left of this year. This is what rocket has been doing all year. He has been giving the impression that the SA is "right around the corner" all year.

• Like 1

I'm impressed. Kudos Rocket and team.

Love the new Cherno and all the various loot items.

And that broken scope looked amazing.

Best game ever. :beans:

So that final lap is getting pretty long. I can't find the tweet on his twitter account anymore, its like the tweet got deleted, but that can't be true because Rocket promised full transparency in the development prosess. Funny how difficult it is to say it won't be out this year when its only a few weeks left of this year. This is what rocket has been doing all year. He has been giving the impression that the SA is "right around the corner" all year.

You sound upset. If you don't trust what Rocket says then stop listening. Go play something else, preoccupy yourself with something else, and it will be out sometime. If you think they have behaved unprofessionally or will be incompetent as they continue to develop the game then you don't have to buy the game!

I believe it's difficult to say when it will be out because they don't know when it will be out. In fact, I believe I heard Rocket say they did a test weeks ago (this may have been from beginning of November) that he thought would put them over the top for server performance and allow them to get it out. This didn't work out and they had to keep working. I imagine there have been a lot of internal release dates that have been missed, could you imagine if they had given each one of those out? No one's holding out on the people that want to play the game. They'll release it when they can. There are very good reasons to assume that "soon" genuinely means soon.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

And how have you suffered because of Rocket's inability to give you a solid release date? How exactly have you, tangibly, been affected by this?

Full transparency =/= a release date. Transparency, however, includes being up-front when your assessments are no longer accurate. Which Rocket has been.

• Like 4

And how have you suffered because of Rocket's inability to give you a solid release date? How exactly have you, tangibly, been affected by this?

This is what I'm completely missing. There are no obligations for them to tell us anything. None at all. If they start "breaking promises" after we've paid for the game ("Yeah we've decided the game doesn't actually need zombies") then there is a reason to start complaining. As of right now it's just a group of people making the game and saying it will be out when it's out. That's reasonable enough on its own. We are owed NOTHING.

• Like 1

You sound upset. If you don't trust what Rocket says then stop listening. Go play something else, preoccupy yourself with something else, and it will be out sometime. If you think they have behaved unprofessionally or will be incompetent as they continue to develop the game then you don't have to buy the game!

I believe it's difficult to say when it will be out because they don't know when it will be out. In fact, I believe I heard Rocket say they did a test weeks ago (this may have been from beginning of November) that he thought would put them over the top for server performance and allow them to get it out. This didn't work out and they had to keep working. I imagine there have been a lot of internal release dates that have been missed, could you imagine if they had given each one of those out? No one's holding out on the people the want to play the game. They'll release it when they can. There are very good reasons to assume that "soon" genuinely means soon.

Upset, no way. I just want an honest answer from Rocket about a release this year or not. Its not that hard. He mus thave some clue about the progression and he should be able to make an educated guess if its going to be released this year or not.

Upset, no way. I just want an honest answer from Rocket about a release this year or not. Its not that hard. He mus thave some clue about the progression and he should be able to make an educated guess if its going to be released this year or not.

Sort of ironic, as he's done that multiple times in the past (and subsequently explained his reasoning for changing it)... and that's what prompts you to ask for an "honest answer" from Rocket.