SmashT

November Round-up

I love how so many people think it will be released tomorrow.

Pretty fuckin' stupid*

You slipped a few keys there Ross, fixed.

• Like 1

Pretty funny.

Wait, it's not being released?

So they lied to us on the DayZ Daily tweets?

Wow. Scumbag developers.

• Like 10

Wait, it's not being released?

So they lied to us on the DayZ Daily tweets?

Wow. Scumbag developers.

Tell me about it. Didn't know Sergey Titov was working on this project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMIRITE GUISE!!!!!! HMU IF U AGREE.

• Like 2

It's funny seeing people say "oh look they tested with 25 people it will be out tomorrow now!"

Do people not realize how long things take?

They could be testing for 3 months, then what if they find any bugs with the new scripts and AI working together, they can't just always fix stuff instantly, it could then take more weeks to find where the bug is or why something isnt working properly and get it rectified.

Chill your Beans!

It's funny seeing people say "oh look they tested with 25 people it will be out tomorrow now!"

Where are these people you speak of ?

Where are these people you speak of ?

Everywhere and nowhere.

• Like 1

Everywhere and nowhere.

Well they should all be testing instead of going outdoors and to work in stuff.

A definite lack of dedication - if they are meant to be testing they should just test all the time SO WE CAN GET THE STANDALONE FASTER.

So silly.

• Like 1

Well they should all be testing instead of going outdoors and to work in stuff.

Subtle dig?

Subtle dig?

I've just gave up making sense all together.

I'm at work and extremely bored.

Don't worry though, the messiah will deliver loads of tears tomorrow when the SA isn't released - that should keep me busy for a while.

• Like 3

I came back from the dead just to give beans to people and say that I have an unexpected hype-boner. Also "Remember, remember the 5th of November"! 

We burn Rocket dolls if there is no SA. *Ahem*

On a more serious note: the progress seems waaaay good and cannot wait to get my paws on it. Wouldn't mind waiting longer though, if it means a more stable alpha.

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

They have implemented everything needed for alpha...just testing if it all works now, lets hope it does.

SA release next january

your-tears-are-delicious-cry-129268.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty funny.

To be fair, there has been a vacuum of information lately and I think that's what's led to the wild speculation. I've come to accept that it will be out when it's playable and I trust the judgement of the Devs on that subject as I'm no expert. I have to admit (turning slightly red) I even thought they could have possibly released it on Halloween, just due to it being in the survival / horror genre. Any info would not only be appreciated but I think it would do some real good as far as speculation is concerned.

Halloween was lightly speculated upon but I think the 5th of November thing is believed by many more. It would be nice to hear at least "It's not going to happen on the 5th." so we can all move on to speculating about Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Quanza, and the rest of the arbitrary dates  ;)
  • Like 3

-snip-

Here is a quote from Rocket yesterday that he posted on Reddit:

DayZ will release once it provides the level of multiplayer performance and stability needed for us to have meaningful feedback from the experience. That isn't something that we just say is achieved, it actually has to be verified so that when we say it to you (by releasing) we have made, at the very least, a good faith assessment to confirm this.

The release date isn't a matter of deciding what day - its a matter of achieving an objective. The major obstacle in the way of that has been the network bubble.

I want to simultaneously derail the hype train and then recover it, in saying that we have finished making the network bubble. In fact, we have finished all major components required for an alpha release. However, we need to make sure they have integrated okay, and perform basic testing (a kind of acceptance testing) to ensure that we have actually achieved what we thought.

So please, please please - don't be hyped about a particular date, be hyped about our progress. Nobody knows the exact release date because there is not one. Once we have verified that we have achieved what we believe we have, and tidied up any integration issues, it will release.

The fact of the matter is, they are working towards a milestone rather than a date so the developers and testers don't actually have a clue when it will be ready for release.

Things are still being tested now and it's made a lot of progress but there are definitely other things that will have to be done before a full release can be made.

• Like 3

Rubbing my psychic balls i predict the SA will be released in the month of Smarch.

• Like 1

Three pink names, three blue names and one green name in the forum all of a sudden. Are you guys... expecting something? (Innocent question)

• Like 2

I think we all need to try to follow the example of Zen Rocket

GvNwbrM.jpg

"Know that there is no standalone; it is an illusion created by your ungodly desires. So, seek therefore no-desire; for he who is not seeking shall receive all the worlds' goods." - Zen Master Rocket2Guns

Three pink names, three blue names and one green name in the forum all of a sudden. Are you guys... expecting something? (Innocent question)

lol stop you'll get everyone hyper ventilating :D

• Like 1

Rubbing my psychic balls i predict the SA will be released in the month of Smarch.

..and after rubbing Demon's balls, I can confirm Smarch is the most probable month of release.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

Hmmm.

I wonder if they have, or are planning on having, the same attachment system that they have for more modular weapons (M4A1 and AK-74 respectively) with weapons like the Mosin. I would love to slap a PU scope on that bad boy and bend the bolt-handle down (I would live if they didn't include the latter inclusion, a bit technical). Or just frill it out with a little bit of foliage netting. Also, makeshift suppressors would be lovely to add on to bolt-actions.

I think an attachment system for the more "common" weapons is essential to having them take a competing place with rarer assault rifles and/or whatever else they decide to include on the so-called "high end" weaponry.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

This just in - Hicks subtly threatening Rocket for delaying the Release! So 20 days to release? Appears to be no Zeds in this build, also still gun sight for a melee weapon?

U2Ara90.jpg

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1