SmashT

November Round-up

Debatable.

Hopefully the 1337 Admin haxors with their s00per c00l 1337 tent camps go play other games and leave this game for immersive survival not silly DeathMatching w/ zombies

EDIT: Who am I kidding?  There will always be the silly deathmatchers.  I am not talking players like KoS. Something much worse

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

Au contraire! This is not Arma 2 military simulator anymore...this is a survival game.

I'm not asking for more military, high powered rifles, but you've got to admit that having only one type of pistol is kinda meh.

It's not a big issue and will be resolved sooner or later, I know. Just sayin'

Edit: To clarify, I had the secret hope of seeing home-made, makeshift survivalist weapons like nailguns that don't even properly work half the time and similar stuff.

Edited by Elo

Edit: To clarify, I had the secret hope of seeing home-made, makeshift survivalist weapons like nailguns that don't even properly work half the time and similar stuff.

Widely used firearms aren't enough? No Romero tropes thank you very much.

I’m all for basic stuff but you need to spice it up with some rare high end stuff. It works both ways yes a player can own with a high end DMR but if its mega rare he risks losing it and will adjust his play accordingly. You could see a High end player with DMR let new players unarmed go by as its not worth the kill or shot and lets face it is a bit boring. Now if he kills that Bandit trying to kill all the newbies then that’s different and worth the risk just for the bragging rights. 

Heli’s have to be in it eventually as a helicopter landing and guys getting out is just part of what makes Dayz great.

Edited by sav112

I’m all for basic stuff but you need to spice it up with some rare high end stuff. It works both ways yes a player can own with a high end DMR but if its mega rare he risks losing it and will adjust his play accordingly. You could see a High end player with DMR let new players unarmed go by as its not worth the kill or shot and lets face it is a bit boring. Now if he kills that Bandit trying to kill all the newbies then that’s different and worth the risk just for the bragging rights. 

Heli’s have to be in it eventually as a helicopter landing and guys getting out is just part of what makes Dayz great.

It doesn't even have to be super rare stuff that gives actual advantages

Having the same weapons with different skins (they, of course, have to look good enough for the players to care about them) would spice things up as well and make players more cautious because they don't want to loose it

Imagine different mounts in MMOs. They're all the same stat wise, but players go to extreme lengths just because one looks better than the other and they even get attached to it

Edited by Elo

Mind you with all the kit out with actual weapons like clothing  it will probably mean that you do care a bit more about your characters life. The more players have to lose the better if you ask me. I respect limited stuff for testing but the more stuff they add the better it will be for the full game.

• Like 1

Mind you with all the kit out with actual weapons like clothing  it will probably mean that you do care a bit more about your characters life. The more players have to lose the better if you ask me. I respect limited stuff for testing but the more stuff they add the better it will be for the full game.

When are you getting your new Rig?

• Like 1

People are complaining that there aren't enough weapons now...... lol It's still in pre-alpha...

People are complaining about complaining people...

Of course then you have the people complaining about the people who are complaining about the complaining people.

Of course then you have the people complaining about the people who are complaining about the complaining people.

circle of life mofos..

ps time for my daily SA is vaporware post..

have a nice day.. <_<

And then you have the people complaining about the people who are complaining about the complaining people who complain about complaining.

Edited by Wayze

Rocket said they had a team of about 30-40 people on the SA, so give them a week, that's at least 1200 man-hours toward the release.

You forgot to minus half the work on Fridays.

And then you have the people complaining about the people who are complaining about the complaining people who complain about complaining.

STOP!

If you dont stop with the bad complaining people joke i am calling Chuck Norris!

Edited by Zanders

ps time for my daily SA is vaporware post..

I think those posts are going to come back and bite you in the ass.

• Like 2

If you dont stop with the bad complaining people joke i am calling Chuck Norris!

Chuck Norris can hear you, and if there's nobody here to pulverise by the time he shows up he punches everybody.

Hahaha I am starting to feel sorry about Dean and the crew. Seriously everything they say and do results in someone mentioning the hype-train now.

The pressure must be immense :)

When are you getting your new Rig?

March or something as I backed the New Elite Dangerous game that is out about then. I used to play the original way back in the 80’s. Not played games much since 2008 when the PC was showing its age. It was mostly BF2 Project reality Mod. The old Nov 2004 build PC is still going for day to day email and surfing.

To be fair no game has excited me till this Mod popped up on my radar and thought Yes they finally get what I want, not a kiddie shooter, how many head shots can I get (because its piss easy) and charge about in a Heli that flys like a space ship through trees etc and takes no skill. I hate these run in blazing your machine gun, kill a few then get killed only to spawn a hundred feet away and do it all again.

Some of the guys I played 1942 way back would eat these guys thinking they are good on Bf3 & 4 although the with the new Bf its not the players fault the skill level dived and tactical thinking and great squad play over a large area died.

Edited by sav112
  • Like 1

Keep in mind the M4A1, Mosin Nagant, "Pistol" (hopefully not a god damned Makarov), and the roughly 8 Melee are the only weapons 100% confirmed to be in the day one release at the moment, I'm sure there's a chance other weapons will find their way there, haven't we seen some AK Variant in a screenshot somewhere? I'm sure there's a chance that'll find its way there if they already have a model and whatnot for it.

March or something as I backed the New Elite Dangerous game that is out about then. I used to play the original way back in the 80’s. Not played games much since 2008 when the PC was showing its age. It was mostly BF2 Project reality Mod. The old Nov 2004 build PC is still going for day to day email and surfing.

On my last rig, which was very outdated (9800gt, 4gb DDR2, E6800 (dual core 3.3ghz) ), I went from like 25fps average in .98 to like 17fps or lower in the 1.0 Beta.

Edited by dvsilverwing