SmashT

November Round-up

what makes me wonder about bigger than 50 man server is the actual cost ! servers for that kinda of number would cost you alot of money a month and need seriously high spec boxes. i think you wont see many even when the game does support them as you talking possible 150-250 dollars a month to run a 150 man server.

what makes me wonder about bigger than 50 man server is the actual cost ! servers for that kinda of number would cost you alot of money a month and need seriously high spec boxes. i think you wont see many even when the game does support them as you talking possible 150-250 dollars a month to run a 150 man server.

That is steam and BIS's problem for the moment. When private hives are available then it becomes something to worry about.

I think it's good to demands really powerful servers. In that way not anyone can create a server and expect a population. 

Just ordering parts for our server now. its going to be a beast :)

• Like 2

I've just started thinking about how i'm going to pay for this game on steam. Looking like im gonna have to fork out an extra $5 to get a prepaid visa card for $20-30 so i can get this on release.

dont forget the connection aswell ;)

hope so ive never seen any game with over 50 people on at once not lag at some point so 150 i dont believe is possible but guess well see.

Edited by dgeesio

got a server name or website?

I think this says it all.

ixUE0l50C24DI.gif

Forget the train, return to your homes, it's coming soon, but probably not today.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 2

I do think my 1gbit will be enough :)

When do you plan on being able to host a server? We already went over this last week. Initially they will only be hosted by steam, this has been confirmed by Rocket. Private individuals will not be able to host DayZ servers until the full version is out, which could be months after the alpha release. I feel the need to reiterate this because I don't want people getting all upset when they realize they, in fact, cannot host a DayZ server and we don't know when they'll be able to. You might want to wait on purchasing your parts is all I'm saying.

• Like 1

your mate i take it :lol:

its almost 1am here, im alittle slow, what chu talkin bat wollis?

I think this says it all.

ixUE0l50C24DI.gif

Forget the train, return to your homes, it's coming soon, but probably not today.

I doubt it will even be out this week...

• Like 1

We've been given some very general benchmarks for release. It would appear we can expect a multiplayer test with 50+ people before the release. Even then there's no reason to think that once we see that a 50+ person test has been done that the release will happen the next day. It all depends on how that test goes.

So there's no reason for any hype. It seems close, but there's absolutely no reason to expect it in the next few days. Not sure how people can get out of control excited when we've been told this.

• Like 1

When do you plan on being able to host a server? We already went over this last week. Initially they will only be hosted by steam, this has been confirmed by Rocket. Private individuals will not be able to host DayZ servers until the full version is out, which could be months after the alpha release. I feel the need to reiterate this because I don't want people getting all upset when they realize they, in fact, cannot host a DayZ server and we don't know when they'll be able to. You might want to wait on purchasing your parts is all I'm saying.

And again. I am not hosting per hobby. We are running a business.

I have yet seen any of this can you please point me towards the information your refering to?

I have tried to get Dean's attention about the matter but it is as easy as climbing to the moon on a ladder!

We can host atleast 5 servers in sweden and i personally never thought it would be a problem!

Edited by Zanders

I have yet seen any of this can you please point me towards the information your refering to?

I have tried to get Dean's attention about the matter but it is as easy as climbing to the moon on a ladder!

We can host atleast 5 servers in sweden and i personally never thought it would be a problem!

It's buried somewhere in the updates from the last year, but I can assure you it is correct. I'll go back and try to find it. Some help from a moderator here would be much appreciated  ;)

It was around the same time that they said the game will not be available for modding until later down the road. Trust me it's there, unless they've made some sort of change.

It's buried somewhere in the updates from the last year, but I can assure you it is correct. I'll go back and try to find it. Some help from a moderator here would be much appreciated  ;)

It was around the same time that they said the game will not be available for modding until later down the road. Trust me it's there, unless they've made some sort of change.

I doubt they made any changes in a years time. :)

:D

Searching the forums you can find some of the info. They will definitely not be available immediately upon release. How long after is the question? It doesn't seem to have been addressed.

I doubt they made any changes in a years time. :)

Not trying to be rude, but you could just as easily show evidence dismissing my claim as I can dig up the evidence to support it.  :)

Just found this on reddit.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 24 points

4 months ago

Private servers that connect to the central hive will be expressely allowed on release, using a blacklist system. That means servers will be automatically approved and only blacklisted if somethng goes wrong. This is mainly to be allowed for our alpha, in beta and release we will reiew the situation and possibly allow private hives themselves.

So i guess i just killed the conversation!

Edited by Zanders
  • Like 1