SmashT

November Round-up

I hope the only tool an admin gets is a banhammer.

Edit: To elaborate on that -> The privilege of paying for a server is to serve the community and not yourself.

Edited by PXXL

I hope the only tool an admin gets is a banhammer.

Hopefully not, I can't stand admins who ban you for killing them and destroying their stuff.

Hopefully not, I can't stand admins who ban you for killing them and destroying their stuff.

If they have to ban someone who is ruining the game for the rest of the 50+ people.. yes give them that tool. All the other things like seeing where people walk, what route they take, where all the vehicles are etc etc. Seeing this video made me sick.

New rocket post on reddit. Good enough for starters. The melee weapons sound like fun, let's hope fighting the new zombies WILL be fun:

SA alpher day-one weapons? von Fusrodahmusin dayz

[–]rocket2guns

100% confirmed for day one:

Rifles:

• M4A1
  • Mosin Nagant

Melee:

• Heaps. About 8 different two handed and one handed, from knives to bats to screwdrivers to chainsaw.

Pistols:

• One available, possibly more
Edited by Grabarz
  • Like 1

Hey, have you guys heard about this survival game called DayZ that is meant to be coming out soon?

• Like 2

Wow DayZ not got a lot of love in that Article comments, some real hate towards the game and by the looks of it enjoying that the SA has had its problems. To the Dayz Developers, we’d appreciate it if you made the game so awesome that the words are rammed down their throats. We appreciate you any way.

Love all the

“The SA is dead”

“ It’s missed the boat, Zombies are so last year”

“ its build on a crappy out of date engine and you can only plaster over so much –Epic fail by Mr Hall”

• Like 1

Hey, have you guys heard about this survival game called DayZ that is meant to be coming out soon?

tumblr_lk9tfqwXur1qijzy5o1_250.gif

Wow chainsaw confirmed. This is going to be good.

• Like 1

tumblr_lk9tfqwXur1qijzy5o1_250.gif

Wow chainsaw confirmed. This is going to be good.

But can it be used to cut down trees and carve the occasional ice sculpture??

• Like 2

Whelp. Another day of work to distract me while waiting for alpha

Edited by zfleming12
  • Like 1

Nice to see regular updates, an update a minute ago, hopefully they fixed that client crash!

Aw. I was hoping for more weapon variety at the beginning, even if it's just unmodified "originals" from the mod

Oh well

Could someone please repost the test server links and steam db link?

Thanks!!

Aw. I was hoping for more weapon variety at the beginning, even if it's just unmodified "originals" from the mod

Oh well

The M4 really equates to 3 or 4 mod weapons purely with the available scopes.

That's not including other available attachments.

Same with multiple scopes available for the Mosin.

The attachments can completely change the dynamic of the weapons.

Oh well

But I imagine once the game is working to a nice level and all the major kinks are removed adding stuff like new Guns will only add to the excitement after the Alpha release. If someone comes on in here and says they just dropped a Ten gun weapon pack into the game who would not dive in to test the news toys.

It would be great if the server updated the Client in the background, so you go in thinking I’ll get the usual stuff at “X” and you go in and a new Automatic weapon is sitting there. Surprise is good. Only thing is if someone gets a new Gun they are going to hunted down online so players could steal it. But then that’s all in the game.

Never played the game and it will be the official full release Ill play when I get a new Rig.

The M4 really equates to 3 or 4 mod weapons purely with the available scopes.

That's not including other available attachments.

Same with multiple scopes available for the Mosin.

The attachments can completely change the dynamic of the weapons.

But that weapon is supposed to be super rare, might as well not be there

Though I'm really curious if the mentioned pistol has a similar modding system

Edited by Elo

But that weapon is supposed to be super rare, might as well not be there

Though I'm really curious if the mentioned pistol has a similar modding system

You should take into account that due to their only being a certain number of items included in the game at this precise moment some of the 'rarer' weapons might be a tad more common than they otherwise would be.

As far as pistol modifications are concerned, you will have to wait for Rocket to disclose that information as testers aren't allowed to discuss internal info that hasn't already been released to the community.

IS it really going to be 30 USD at alpha release? That's a bit steep.

Oh well

Au contraire! This is not Arma 2 military simulator anymore...this is a survival game.

• Like 2

Au contraire! This is not Arma 2 military simulator anymore...this is a survival game.

Debatable.