SmashT

November Round-up

This is better than 1000 posts i love it :D

Still really can't say as it's the same formula.

Incorrect. Plug worst case and best case into your variables and you get best and worst case time estimates, otherwise why have variables?

Btw, here at work I'm looking at Jira and I have point releases planned out till April 2014 with exact date accuracy (best case of course). How am I able to do that? Simple - every bug and feature that make up the release milestone ("such as improve UI performance when dealing with over 50K db objects")  must have a time estimate from the responsible devel and with a push of a button I can calculate release date from it.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Why are people saying next year or even next month? He is quoted and said its ready for a release just gotta run it all together make sure it's kosher. How does that translate to being months lol or am I just taking the troll bate ?

You forgot SoonTM can mean anything when it comes to Bohemia. Everything takes time.

• Like 2

Holy sh*t, the database for the server is down. WTF does this mean? TO THE HYPE TRAIN *cue 60's batman music*

image_1.jpg

Hype train is suffering from some momentary issues.  Stand bye to continue on course

• Like 5

If your on the Hype Train at least you have a ticket, I’ve jumped on without one asking why am I here. I cant even play the dam thing till I get my new rig next year. So  the longer they take the better it s for the game, so I should be happy they are taking time to work on things. But oh no I’m whooping like a good un holding on with my head out the window of the train…..

If it has derailed I’m sure another Train will be leaving platform dreamland soon, best jump on.

Edited by sav112

If your on the Hype Train at least you have a ticket, I’ve jumped on without one asking why am I here. I cant even play the dam thing till I get my new rig next year. So  the longer they take the better it s for the game, so I should be happy they are taking time to work on things. But oh no I’m whooping like a good un holding on with my head out the window of the train…..

If it has derailed I’m sure another Train will be leaving platform dreamland soon, best jump on.

I bought my ticket back in September '12.  I have experienced so many derailments...

Then my Mac friends will have NO EXCUSE!!

Except for the mac being unable to run it...

Edited by KorroBravin

Can we keep our rampant speculation focused on PC for the time being?

Hey now I'm just asking the question, I thought he meant somthing else not multiplatform in terms of other system and consoles.

I can't wait to get back in to a vanilla Dayz setting with the new inventory, loot system, clothing, restraints and graphical updates! Hoping that I spend my first few hours with a Mosin and one bullet or something, a couple of cans of food+drink and a compass. Going to be so funny watching these people who play starting loot/gear fall into despair.

• Like 5

Am I the only one feeling like a friend is playing a super awesome game and I am just allowed to watch?

• Like 10

Am I the only one feeling like a friend is playing a super awesome game and I am just allowed to watch?

Nah, you're not the only one. I feel ya on that.

I know when the standalone will release. The 16th of November.

Why you may ask? Well that is my wedding day and rocket will release it as a wedding present.

This is however a double edged gift as I will have a copy of the standalone....but will not be able to play for a number of weeks!

Damn you rocket!

Edited by Hartraft
  • Like 1

I can't wait to get back in to a vanilla Dayz setting with the new inventory, loot system, clothing, restraints and graphical updates! Hoping that I spend my first few hours with a Mosin and one bullet or something, a couple of cans of food+drink and a compass. Going to be so funny watching these people who play starting loot/gear fall into despair.

I have to agree. I actually can't wait to experience how amazingly difficult this game is going to be. Honestly, I'm looking forward to those little bugs and glitches that come along with alpha play. It's always a badge of honor to say, "Oh, yeah, well I remember when tents actually ate you and you had to walk up hill in the snow ALL the time!" It makes one feel like a hardened veteran.

• Like 2

I know when the standalone will release. The 16th of November.

Why you may ask? Well that is my wedding day and rocket will release it as a wedding present.

This is however a double edged gift as I will have a copy of the standalone....but will not be able to play for a number of weeks!

Damn you rocket!

Ha! Yeah, I've been able to get so much done without DayZ in my life. My girlfriend is going to be in for a rude awakening. 

You know, Dean has really mastered the art of "valve time", even while working for BI.

• Like 3

I feel my friend is playing it but I'm not even allowed to watch, only know that he is playing it.

Edited by KorroBravin
  • Like 2

Ha! Yeah, I've been able to get so much done without DayZ in my life. My girlfriend is going to be in for a rude awakening. 

My Girlfriend saw this site, and was like '' you're going to be banging on about this game for a while aren't you hahahaha'' ...

I was like ''you have no idea''....

• Like 1

I'm now convinced we have just witnessed the fist glimpses of the FINAL TEST. I'm raising the Imminence level to ORANGE.

Don't count your eggs before the chickens hatch.

You know, Dean has really mastered the art of "valve time", even while working for BI.

Except it's only been a year (as opposed to six with Half-Life), we've received a plethora of information (as opposed to nothing), we've been in constant interface with the developers (as opposed to never), and we've had regular updates on progress (as opposed to nothing).

Sounds like Dean has mastered the art of developing a game whilst at the same time living his effing life.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 15