SmashT

November Round-up

That would be so nice. Its been a while without any real information.

I would love a progress report actually showing something *hint* devblog :)

Sad that it is the time they are lacking the most :(

For the most part I've avoided these threads and pushed the idea of a release from my mind. Unless the odd flare up of activity happens that suggests a possible release, I try to ignore the conversation. Just makes it feel longer.

4th December is the day. I've said this before and I'm never wrong. But I'm still wondering when is the devblog coming? That would ease my mind for another month.

4th December is the day. I've said this before and I'm never wrong. But I'm still wondering when is the devblog coming? That would ease my mind for another month.

Should have been made around October 1-10 ,but they went into media blackout for the final sprint. I doubt they want to put time in for another dev blog otherwise they would have by now.

Yeah I got my key. Not liking a lot of the new features though

-They've decided to do a switch to minecraft graphics

-Guns jam 70% of the time to deter PVP

-Zombies hug you and once you're swarmed you can't move because of the hugs so you have to quit.

-It's mission based now, no more open world concept. Can only travel on the roads.

-Once an hour the Chernarus Volcano goes off and kills everything in order to solve end game problem.

-No more airfields because there are no more aerial vehicles. (You can make paper airplanes with the new crafting skill. Requires lvl 36).

-They removed hatchets because "they were op"

-They have classes now (Lifeguard: +10 swimming to start, Pilot: no aerial vehicles so no stat boost, Ewok: -100 strength and requires bath every 5 minutes, and Rock: you just play as a rock and can't get killed by zombies. Can travel in someone's backpack.)

-Turned the sky cyan because Rocket said "Looks cool."

-If another player is near you it logs you out automatically (Rocket: "Just in case.")

-Forgot to mention: They also adjusted the sound so the pitch of Inception's in-game voice is now normal.

Is this for real? I don't know what to believe anymore. I want to play so bad and I've really been behaving myself lately though that's due to meditative exercises and changes in my personal life, but still. I'm setting myself up to be trolled here but could someone tell me how to play if this is for real? I love you all!

I kid I kid.

Edited by DrGonzo

Christmas release.

Zeds with Santa hats: check

Candy Cane consumable: check

Christmas Tree in Cherno square: check

• Like 1

I had a dream that Rocket sent me an alpha key, then I spent the rest of the dream trying to figure out how to use it... lol

• Like 8

No lying, I had a dream that I was in the DayZ SA alpha, and I had a bazooka/grenade launcher I launched at some guys, and then I remember being in a bar and throwing people off the second floor, and I remember they wanted to beat me up so I offered money if they'd back off, and then I remember being drugged and having a gun pointed at me.

I also remember dreaming that there was some weird bug/glitch where the terrain would disappear for a few seconds when flying or driving.

The developers have absolutely no degree of humility. :)

They are teasing me to death with their Twitter crap.....

I need a vacation!

Edited by Zanders
  • Like 1

OH my god... ITS NOT ONLY HAPPENING TO ME, ITS HAPPENING TO EVERYONE ELSE HERE! WELCOME TO THE WACKA.DOODOO HOUSE ONCE CRAZY ENOUGH c:

• Like 3

OH my god... ITS NOT ONLY HAPPENING TO ME, ITS HAPPENING TO EVERYONE ELSE HERE! WELCOME TO THE WACKA.DOODOO HOUSE ONCE CRAZY ENOUGH c:

You are really helping!

That text que in that image us very wordy....

As he said in one of the interviews - they are removing all HUD elements and implementing a rogue like system for status notifications.  You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

• Like 1

As he said in one of the interviews - they are removing all HUD elements and implementing a rogue like system for status notifications.  You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE ZORK?

Edited by someVirus
  • Like 3

Hicks post on 6/11/13 conveys a sense of finality that couldn't have gone unnoticed by him.

Release must be imminent, otherwise-- and I'd never thought I'd say this, some clarification is needed. 

God damn, this game looks amazing. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

It seems from monitoring this http://bit.ly/192bwvW that players are either not living much longer than thirty minutes (which equals AWESOME in my opinion) or they are getting kicked every so often. Thoughts?

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

Hicks post on 6/11/13 conveys a sense of finality that couldn't have gone unnoticed by him.

Release must be imminent, otherwise-- and I'd never thought I'd say this, some clarification is needed. 

God damn, this game looks amazing. 

I wouldn't put too much faith in the tweets, Rocket's 28th September 'Final Lap' tweet seems ridiculous at this point.

Unless Rocket says 'It's out!', then I'm not interested.

• Like 1

For some reason this song really fits pretty well in this thread!

A few more weeks of this torture and this could easily be me!

Edited by Zanders

Test server is now called "DAYZ WEEKLY MULTIPLAYER (REV. 112040 + ONLY)" What does "weekly" mean in this context?