SmashT

November Round-up

WTF klesh! How did you get in?

There's also been an update:

• about an hour ago Changed changenumber323347324359

Klesh is one of the chosen ones out of the millions wanting to play.

• Like 4

Soon!

All this hype of the game coming soon

But we have been hearing this since June

But really we're just desperate

for some news to bring us respite

so we gather in this thread of commune.

Whoa... I could have sworn I was in the Cherno limericks thread for a second there...

• Like 1

So, is it definitely going to happen on a Tuesday or could it be any day of the week?

Very soon, I to will be chosen. 

Post 1337 is on its way.  I will get my key, and I will be on the test server in all its glory.  It is foolproof.  

Haha well I took a break from the forum for a few days to let the news pile up, and I come back to something awesome:

AkbPSbP.jpg

So I won't freak out here, that's what my tumblr is for. 

There will be caps lock

also thanks rocket omg

Edited by RawR_Rampancy
  • Like 4

Haha well I took a break from the forum for a few days to let the news pile up, and I come back to something awesome:

AkbPSbP.jpg

So I won't freak out here, that's what my tumblr is for. 

There will be caps lock

also thanks rocket omg

And to find the post Rocket gave beans to: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/151238-november-round-up/page-10#entry1511748

• Like 5

So what are you guys thinking ? he said the game is ready for alpha release just need to make sure everything gels, a few days later nothing. in the dark. give me a time table guys re start the hype train for me cause my choo choo is coming to a roll i need a jump start !

• Like 4

So what are you guys thinking ? he said the game is ready for alpha release just need to make sure everything gels, a few days later nothing. in the dark. give me a time table guys re start the hype train for me cause my choo choo is coming to a roll i need a jump start !

people have been throwing the 12th around, not sure what their reasoning is, though.

(been lurking the past few days but haven't said anything)

It's most likely to release on a tuesday, not just because most games do, but because it goves them the whole week to fix it if it goes wrong. So basically everyone will just keep guessing tuesday every week till it releases :P

• Like 1

I'm killing time watching Battle Star Gallactica... all of it.

• Like 3

I feel like one thing that has pushed the "release" back is the high expectations from everyone. When it does "release" soon it will not be a full "release". It will be more of an opening up to the public to see how the development has come so far and it will be the Dev Team's way of telling us "Hey this is what we have so far. It will run and it will be a little rough, but please let us know what bugs and glitches you come across. Also anything you absolutely hate or want to see added just let us know.". I say this because I get this feeling from the posts on reddit and other places that some are thinking of this soon to be availability of DayZ SA as a launch. Even so far as a recent post on reddit asking for a trailer. Just remember whenever this Early Access becomes available that all of us who buy in are just an extension of the Dev Team to test and make sure that when the full release and launch happen we can have the best DayZ SA possible!! 

• Like 2

I feel like one thing that has pushed the "release" back is the high expectations from everyone. When it does "release" soon it will not be a full "release". It will be more of an opening up to the public to see how the development has come so far and it will be the Dev Team's way of telling us "Hey this is what we have so far. It will run and it will be a little rough, but please let us know what bugs and glitches you come across. Also anything you absolutely hate or want to see added just let us know.". I say this because I get this feeling from the posts on reddit and other places that some are thinking of this soon to be availability of DayZ SA as a launch. Even so far as a recent post on reddit asking for a trailer. Just remember whenever this Early Access becomes available that all of us who buy in are just an extension of the Dev Team to test and make sure that when the full release and launch happen we can have the best DayZ SA possible!! 

I think the people that play games like this are understanding of that. Sure there is and always will be asshats but everyone ignores them as they should. But i think why it seems that way to you is the carrot on the stick theory rocket has seemed to use unintentionally.i think if he would of released a rough copy last year it would of gotten a lot better response then a rough copy now i think. Im gonna be fine regardless any "rough" copy of SA im sure will be better than the mod (although i love the mod). But we've been waiting and waiting and waiting and let down quite a few times so i think there is a sense of this "it better be worth it" mentality a little bit. 

but i don't care, Im excited i love getting into beta's and alpha's, getting a first look at the game through its development has always been rewarding for me so im excited i don't care how rough it is, its been a long time coming ill play SA alpha on a Atari idc i just want it!

Edited by Skeety
  • Like 2

I'm killing time watching Battle Star Gallactica... all of it.

Wow, Twilight Zone. I've been doing the same thing...

• Like 1

I'm going to make a killer question here.

Why everyone is so excited for Standalone? (question ends here) like its some sort of Godgame, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to move to other titles after a year and then come back after a break for maybe couple of months. Like with any other game.

Because I'm afraid if I admit that, I will go back to contemplating burning my house down and being a serial kitten killer again.

Don't make me do it, Aporis.

• Like 1

Did you know there are roughly 200 miles worth the tunnels in the catacombs under Paris, some of which dive over 300 feet under the streets and house the remains of about 6 Million bodies?

Did you know there are roughly 200 miles worth the tunnels in the catacombs under Paris, some of which dive over 300 feet under the streets and house the remains of about 6 Million bodies?

How is that on topic?

How are people getting on the SA server they cannot be dev's with goofy ass names like that are online right now >< i wants on!