SmashT

November Round-up

It's just a nice image. Him alone in there drinking it all in before he sets it free. What a journey this has been and it's only the Alpha. I've never followed the development of any product, game, movie, etc. like I've followed DayZ. 

Have to agree with this. It's been so much more enjoyable watching and learning about this game as it's developed. Something about it seems less....routine unlike other games that you watch being developed...

oh wait I know why. It's because he actually takes the time to talk about the things that are being worked on instead of creating a video every few months that says here some new features and how I feel about the game development.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to anyone but I guess what I'm trying to say is that this game's development has been more open and offers a great insight into the game to come :)

• Like 6

It's just a nice image. Him alone in there drinking it all in before he sets it free. What a journey this has been and it's only the Alpha. I've never followed the development of any product, game, movie, etc. like I've followed DayZ. 

He's enjoying the last melancholic moment before he lets his Creation go.

• Like 1

Or the whole build is broken and he's standing there, alone in Chernarus, about to scrap the SA entirely.

• Like 6

latest rumours...Beans Kings(only) will get the first bunch of keys in a few days... :P

This best not be trolling ;)

I'd still pay for the game if I did get a key..

I really hope so... It has taken so long... 

• Like 1

I found this while searching for Battle Royal News (DayZ Mod-Mod)
Look at the first  (top rated) Comment. He says he's hosting Servers for SA (Standalone?), but maybe the fact that they aren't used are bad news or propably good news because they are already set up for the release?

http://my.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ponnl/dayz_battle_royale_update_on_the_alpha_tests/

Rocket is the only one on the test server. I love to think that it's completely ready and they're just giving him some time alone in the world he's created right before they unleash it. He deserves it.

I want to believe...

Also it seems Matt is the only one on now...

• Like 1

It just occured to me...

Would it be possible at one point to put planks on entrances and windows as a small defense for a building at some point? I mean how can one NOT have that in this game already? :P

They have it in 'The Dead Linger' and I think it's a great idea! Bordering up windows and doors for protection!

Digging moats... putting lava in it... spikes... drawbridges... archers... cannons.... the possibilities are endless!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

How many posts for BK exactl?

༼  ◕_◕ ༽  DON'T GIVE SA

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ *BRAINZZZ*  ..... ༼  ◕_◕ ༽

YOU! OUT! back to reddit! SHoo!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 11

What is Reddit?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Joe.. Pls

Edited by voddler
  • Like 6

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Joe.. Pls

if SA stands for Soft Anal then count me in!

edit: yes you read that right. PM me!

edit2: i just realized Matt Lighfoot might by an anagram for Fat Gilt Hot Mot....interesting..

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 5

if SA stands for Soft Anal then count me in!

Soft anal? filthy casual.

• Like 6

Soft anal? filthy casual.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND FUCK ALL OF YOU, Stay on topic for god sake discuss SA to DEATH NAOW!!!! NWA NORTH EASTWERN AIRFIELD, SNIPERS, GHILLI SUITS, WALKING BUSH WOOKIES, MOSIN NAGANTS, M4's, SHOVELS UP IN THE BANDITS ASS!

• Like 5

They have it in 'The Dead Linger' and I think it's a great idea! Bordering up windows and doors for protection!

Digging moats... putting lava in it... spikes... drawbridges... archers... cannons.... the possibilities are endless!

Survival maps in L4D2 has them as well. As does zombie mode in COD.

• Like 1

Survival maps in L4D2 has them as well. As does zombie mode in COD.

Yeah but zombie mode on Cod is a very loose and basic version of what I was thinking.

I'm going to make a killer question here.

Why everyone is so excited for Standalone? (question ends here) like its some sort of Godgame, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to move to other titles after a year and then come back after a break for maybe couple of months. Like with any other game.

• Like 1

I found this while searching for Battle Royal News (DayZ Mod-Mod)

Look at the first  (top rated) Comment. He says he's hosting Servers for SA (Standalone?), but maybe the fact that they aren't used are bad news or propably good news because they are already set up for the release?

http://my.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ponnl/dayz_battle_royale_update_on_the_alpha_tests/

He didn't say he's hosting now for standalone. He said that he will just like any other who wants to host DayZ server. Servers aren't used now because the game isn't out yet. Take your hype googles off :P

Why everyone is so excited for Standalone? (question ends here) like its some sort of Godgame, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to move to other titles after a year and then come back after a break for maybe couple of months. Like with any other game.

DayZ Mod was a top 10 experience for me (30+ years gaming experience).

I believe the standalone will be a fully realized and expandable version where the mod was severely limited.

For me it's because of the intense waiting I've been doing. The longer I wait, the more desperate I become to get what I've been waiting for.

Besides, DayZ would be a really fun game if some of the major issues were fixed - which the SA will hopefully be without.

Great question. Why I'm excited is because of how much I enjoyed the mod. The mod demonstrated what was essentially an 'anti- game'. (I've heard it called that somewhere else and it's the perfect summary of Dayz)

I spawned with a flashlight, a box of painkillers, and a backpack. Having zero Arma experience added to the disorientation. No instructions, no objective and just for that it was already one of

the best games I've ever played.

I could go on and on but you guys get it.

• Like 6

I get more and more Mentally ill during waiting this game, I have never played any game with such emotional feeling and athmosphere it makes my head spin, the world was massive when you first time get into that. Takes you an hour ot run to the airfield is something cool. It actually is massive world, I learned to read russian alphabets, Navigate without a map, with compass, with a wrist watch and ofc with GPS and Map

Avoiding zombies and I remember that i was beloging to the first people who actually knew how to flee from zombies, that felt awesome untill it got boring and repetitve and the zombies no longer felt liek a threat and were really just on the way. I hope standalone fixes these issues, aswell the minimal distance fallign damage, clunky movement etc.

• Like 1