blurhitz

Standalone only for USA?

Well some friends were telling me that the Standalone is really close right now and there is a "DayZ Early Acess" page on SteamDB, but some of them also told me that it'll be only available to USA, as said in an article they read.

Is that true...? 

Bullshit only in the land of kiwis and everyone will post a huge troll face stamped to Deans face on just saw rocket again thread

• Like 2

Hello there

Believe nothing until one sees it at the main source.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I best get my crossbow ready then.....................

They told me "In SteamDB it is only labelled for 'USA'"... and I searched it on google now and there are some articles saying the same thing... Well I guess no standalone for me...

Considering Rocket isn't even American himself, he wouldn't make SA just available for us Americans.  

I'd honestly be upset if it was just for Americans because I have several Swedish friends I play DayZ with quite often.  If I wasn't able to play with them, I wouldn't enjoy SA as much.

• Like 2

Considering Rocket isn't even American himself, he wouldn't make SA just available for us Americans.  

Haha, that would be silly.

They told me "In SteamDB it is only labelled for 'USA'"... and I searched it on google now and there are some articles saying the same thing... Well I guess no standalone for me...

Is the glass always half full for you?

You had the correct answer. We cant do more than that.

Rgds

L

That would be like me making a game, not give it to my fellow Canadians, but release It only in Brazil...

Not going to happen .

• Like 3

Well some friends were telling me that the Standalone is really close right now and there is a "DayZ Early Acess" page on SteamDB, but some of them also told me that it'll be only available to USA, as said in an article they read.

Is that true...? 

troll was success :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

For your information up until and including ArmAII releases were staggered, first in the east European countries with fixed language pbo's.

Then Germany with fixed language pbo, after came the €uropean release, English/French & other, last of all the America's got their version.

All this over a period of about six months.

I have a German copy that I purchased because I could not wait for the €uropean release which came along 6 weeks after, iirc.

The time between releases dates was used to steadily update and optimise the game before hitting the major markets.

BIS moving to the Steam platform is a major change in marketing stratergy for the company while at the same time allowing to gradually build and optimise the game, alpha - beta - full release and continuing with sitrep & dev build updates which in a few days will result in the first installment of the SP campaign.

So, if not for Steam and the change of direction from BIS the US of A would be the last to have access !

That being said, I have no idea how the release will be handled, first there was talk of batches and keys for vip's, then perhaps pre-alpha and a lot of speculation thrown in just for good measure.

I'll ask him (?) later on today, sometimes he (?) answers questions, sometimes he (?) plays coy.

I don't see a problem with a German release being early. Perfectly understandable for me.

But seeing as where BI is based and where the game is being developed at the moment it is more than extremely unlikely to be released in USA as the only country.

Hello there

I too bought a2 as a czech version on release. At least I think we can count on having an english language version available to start with.

But then again Dean is a tricksy fellow.

Klingon anyone?

L

Yea sorry guys, I did not know that DayZ's developers were not american, I just played the game haha

Is just that nowadays a lot of games are being released first in USA and CAN so that's why I believed in my friends... But it really makes no sense since he is from NZ (I think)

When games are restricted to USA/CAN I feel very upset, because I'm not from these countries and I can't play just because of it...

Dean is a Kiwi, mate! He wouldn't keep SA from us at home lol. You're dreamin'.

I believe SA stands for South Africa. 

I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

• Like 1

So, I saw that the game ended up on the steam database.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/dayz-standalone-in-steam-database-hall-says-progress-very-good/

Source of said information.

It also says that it's marked for the 'USA' territory.

I have no idea how Steam works, but does this mean that the game will be locked to USA customers only, like so many other steam games have been (Such as Vindictus, etc)?

As an Australian, this is particularly worrying to me.