In my opinion, Day Z needs to provide players some kind of long term end game that can provide players with some closure.

Closure?  I'm not quite sure how you can get closure from the Zombie Apocalypse, or not in the way that a pathetic group of survivors like us can handle.

• Like 1

You're still not dead.

That is the end game.

• Like 9

Think of it like Don't Starve. You survive, and survive, and survive... and once you've cocked up and popped your clogs, you can hit the forums up and brag about just how long you survived.

Character death is inevitable. It's how long you can delay it for, that makes things interesting.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

Remember. Suicide is an option.

• Like 1

having a home..be it tent, base, bush..pretend devil's castle is your new house..it will be a hard struggle..zombies respawning, players trying to break in..

• Like 2

Short term end game = Alt+F4

Long term end game = delete program

Having survived and an easy life is endgame enough imo.

• Like 4

It could be to assemble or repair an aircraft to get out of the locality or survive long enough and journey long enough to hold out for a kind of rescue. Form a community, or as the song goes, settle down in a tent with a still and a fishing pole. Or make the perilous voyage deep into the mists. etc.

• Like 1

Every second that you're alive, you're 'winning'. When you die, you lose.

End game. So keep on..........

1zdy889.gif

Winning.

• Like 3

Perhaps like a way to upgrade your characters skills perhaps?  Thats the best i can think of, I dont think an online game should have and 'ending' and 'closure'.....

Although, missions would be trippy.

In my opinion, Day Z needs to provide players some kind of long term end game that can provide players with some closure.

Why?

Fair enough question. I feel that after a while  simply surviving as a loner becomes boring, in the context of the Day Z game, and there is a lack of a sense of something bigger happening over time. Some kind of long term narrative would provide people with an objective and sense of completion.

Been reading Justin Chronin's "The Passage" recently. It describes people attempting to survive in a situation with a overwhelming threat and the different types of community that form over time. It would be cool to play a "Day Z" type game in the setting of "The Passage". Nights would be much more terrifying and players would have to build or find "hard boxes" and be weary of shadows...The diversity of "apocalypse survival" stories in various media probably means something.

• Like 1

I don't think sandbox games are your thing...

what is obsession for some guys with end game??? :huh:

is open world game

point is survive for long time if you can do this ;)

end game is happen when you die :thumbsup:

start game happen when you spawn :thumbsup:

actual game happen between this 2 point :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

every game is different experience, anything possible

why is need some box for tick??? :huh:

enjoy journey not destinations :P

• Like 1

Fine. This comes from the experience of introducing Day Z to a friend and he asking "So what's the end game to this?" and it is a valid point. A sandbox being used to tell a narrative is a valid idea but sure, moving on.

If I ever manage to have 10 seperate bases all stacked with guns, meds, vehicles, etc and spread out all over the map I will still feel like I need to do more.

I kinda see what your saying OP but DayZ really isnt a story line type game. And I think people who get bored with this game need to open up there eyes to the long term survival aspect.

DayZ is what you make it and as a matter of fact you can create your own end game.

I believe people get geared up with a good gun, 3-4 clips, cooked meat, meds and maybe even a tent loaded with gear and they think they have reached "End Game". I dont think people realize how quickly that can all go away.

If I ever get in a even remotely comfortable place in DayZ where I feel stable with enough bases and gear I will start popping off headshots on zombies relentlessly.

If I get bored of that I will run trains CoD style.

If I get bored of that I will build camp fires in the middle of Elektro and try to host block parties.

Its a valid question to ask about end game. But what it does is highlight that many people have expectations of a game.

Dayz is like Space Invaders. You are there, trying not to die, until you die.

This is where the term "Anti-game" comes from. Its deliberately not giving you all the normal game expectations in order to create a specific experience.

If asked "So what is the point of Dayz? Whats it all for?" the answer is this:

Dayz tries to authentically simulate an apocalypse. In a real world apocalypse what would be the point there? Just to not die.

I think one day there should be some sort of official difference between "game" and "simulation". If I make a game where your objective is to stare at a circle on a screen you would say thats boring. Yes, thats because you are playing a boredom simulator.

Dayz is an experience. If want to be part of it you play it and accept it. If you "need" end game, then maybe you need to open your mind a little.

• Like 3